- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
yet again... I really wish this would happen to me haha :)
~~CAROLINE~~

Blah I hate work and I am pissed because Nick didn’t come today like he said. He’s not answering his phone, nothing. I guess I should have expected it. I knew he would find someone else some other night to replace me. “Why are you so down?”Sherri, one of the other servers asked. I shouldn’t call her a server. She is really one of my best friends. I hang out with her and her girlfriend all the time. She is a lesbian in case you didn’t catch on.

“It’s nothing. I’ll be okay.”I said sighing filling up a cup with ice. The restaurant was buzzing with happy faces, but I just felt like shit. Why would he say he was coming? He could have just left it how it was in Atlanta.

“God cheer up it can’t be that bad.”she said ringing in an order at one of the computers.

“I’ll be fine.”I said walking past her back out to one of my tables to refill their drinks.

“Hey somebody’s up front to see you.”Amanda, the to-go girl said running up to me as I walked to the back to pick up my tables salad.

“Are you okay?”I asked noticing she looked like she was going to pee her pants. She was usually pretty quiet and sad, but she looked like she was going to burst at any second

“Yea ummm I gotta go.”she said and ran away from me quickly. Weird. I pushed open the door from the kitchen to the front and my face lit up as I saw who it was. He had a white ballcap on…nice disguise.

“Betcha thought I wasn’t coming!”Nick said smiling. I was so excited I threw my arms around his neck and he lifted me off the ground a little as he pulled me into a hug.

“You smell like breadsticks.”he said making me laugh.

“It’s this new stuff I’m trying out.”I said and he laughed. I am pretty sure everyone in the restaurant had stopped to stare at us. It was awesome.

“You’re a nerd.”he said leaning down to kiss me as he let me go.

“I missed you…so I thought I would surprise you. I remembered you said you worked here and I went by your place…no one was there…so I came here.”he said explaining himself. Unneeded I could care less...all I cared about was that Nick Carter was standing in front of me.

“I don’t care…I’m just glad you came.”I said still smiling.

“Well what time do you get off…”he asked looking down at his watch.

“Now just go.”my manager said walking up behind me.

“Really?”I asked looking over at him. “Yea…I’ll get someone to finish your tables…you’re all she’s been talking about for days.”Kevin,my manager, said smiling.
He loved embarrassing me. I was kinda like this restaurants prodigy child if you will….I know that’s dumb but I get paid a lot to train and stuff so I think its pretty cool. He should have said its what I have been talking about for days and no one has believed me because they haven't. I guess I could understand, but I wouldn't lie about something so out there.

“Thanks Kevin that’s really cool of you.”I said smiling at him. He patted me on the back and walked back into the back.

“Stay here for one second. I just need to check out and get my tips and stuff.”I said turning back to him holding onto his hand.

“Ok.”he said as I ran away from him back to the back to check out.


~~NICK~~

I haven’t been in a lower class restaurant like this in God knows how long. So many dinners and lunches filled with either backstage quick food or high class meals. To be honest I would rather eat at a place like this than one of those restaurants any day. I'm just not a big fan of high class expensive food...you get less of a portion and it doesn't taste as good. I guess that's why I have put on the pounds recently haha.

“Oh my God…you’re Nick Carter.”a heavier set girl said stopping as she walked past me. She must have worked here. She had on the same uniform as Caroline, just a different color tie.

“I’m Sherri.”she said extending her hand.

“Nice to meet you.”I said putting my hand in hers.

“Im glad you showed up. She’s been moping around her all damn day because she thought you weren’t coming.”she said and I felt horrible. All I wanted to do was surprise her.

“Ready?”Caroline said popping up behind me. Sherri smiled at her and motioned for her to call her later.

“Ninety Three dollars richer.”she said smiling as I put my hand in hers and we walked out the door into the sunlight. I can’t believe that’s all she made. I could wipe my ass with a hundred dollars. I decided not to say anything. In monetary means, we lived on two different planets. My phone rang beside me. It was Paris, speaking of two different planets. She called at the most inopportune times.

“Hey I gotta take this…its business.”I said dropping Caroline’s hand walking to the back of the car as she got in the front.

“What’s up?”I said answering.

“Nothing much how’s my baby?”she asked in her high pitched voice.

“In North Carolina.”I said.

“What are you doing there? That place like sucks.”she said.

“Business.”I said. I obviously couldn’t tell her the real reason. Paris was in England filming House of Wax. She had been there for three months. Things lately have gotten really bad between us, hence why I like hanging with Caroline so much. I know I told Caroline I wasn’t with her, but I mean we might as well not be together.

“Okay well I gotta finish up my scene just wanted to tell you I love you bye babe.”she said and hung up before I could get a word in, like always. It was always about her. I went around to the driver's seat and cranked up my car.

"I guess we can come pick up your car later then?"I said patting my hand on her thigh. I could not wait get into that later tonight.

"That's fine...you wanna just head back to my place or what?"she said smiling over at me. I could never get over her smile, no matter how hard I tried.

"Whatever you want baby."I said smiling back at her as we turned right out of her job.