- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here I am peeps, back with another update!! Sorry to keep ya'll hanging for quite some time, but here's an update to ease it all! I just want to thank you guys for the reviews and for giving this story, and my difficult ass another chance in entertaining ya'll with my fanfic works! I greatly appreciate it and it truly is inspiring and encouraging!

I'm also looking to work on updates for Thicker Than Blood and Satan's Playground, so wish me luck with that! ;P Thank you all again, and your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated! I love you all, and without further adieu, here is the next chapter! :)

“AJ!!! Alex!!!”

I heard someone calling my name far off in the distance, but couldn’t distinguish exactly who it was at the moment. Their voices sounded distorted and low.

“He’s coming back around.” I think that was Kevin.

“Oh thank God!” Howie?

“I’ll go ring out a cool washcloth, he’s sweating like crazy.” The voice of Mother Brian.

But, why was I sweating? Shit, that’s when it hit me… Nick and I had gotten into a car accident! Nick was fucking dead, but… why wasn’t Brian sobbing like crazy? He’s wound up in worry with me, which brought me to the fact that I must still be alive. FUCK!!! No, no, no, no… this wasn’t supposed to happen! Stop calling out to me guys, I’m supposed to be fucking DEAD!! Stop trying to wake me up, I wanted to die with Nick; I’m not supposed to be here!

“What the hell happened?” that was Kevin again.

Uh, Kev? It’s pretty obvious that I got into a car accident, and now you guys are trying to bring me back from the dead! God, why the fuck did I have to survive and live on with this shit!

“I don’t know, I went to grab his shoulders to give him a slight hug and then he just fell unconscious!” Wait… was that who I think it was?

I heard Kevin release a sigh, “Why would you do that when we had just got done talking about what happens when people touch him?”

“I know, I fucking forgot!”

Holy shit.

“NICK!!!!” I shouted, immediately flying up from whatever I was laying on.

Though my vision was blurred, I could distinctly see four blurred figures crowded in front of me immediately lean back once I had flown up from my laying down position. I could feel myself panting and my heart racing… I was waiting for the pain I was sure to feel kick in, but thankfully my body was still quite numb and trying to catch it’s bearings.

“Okay, why did he just call out for me?”

I turned my head towards the blurred blond vision of whom I assumed to be Nick… could’ve been Brian, but I’m pretty sure that was Nick. He whispered his question as if it was only meant for it to be heard by him, but the silence of the room was so deafening that his whispered question had cut through the silence like a hot knife through butter.

“Maybe he’s mad at you for touching him?” Brian suggested, obviously trying to lighten the mood with his lame crack.

I blinked furiously, trying to rid myself of the blurry vision that plagued me. Thankfully, I was slowly but surely able to make out their faces.

I seen Nick shake his head, “No, he didn’t sound mad… he sounded… he kinda sounded scared.” When I finally got my vision back to normal, my eyes widened at the sight of Nick kneeling before me, looking perfectly fine. How in the fuck…

“Shit guys…” Nick continued, looking scared. “You guys, what if he had a vision of me? A vision of something bad happening to me?”

Kevin sighed, yet again, obviously trying to figure out why the youngest member was seeking attention within this moment. “Why would you say that Nick?”

“Because I fucking touched him!” he replied in an exasperated tone. “Didn’t he say he can get visions or some shit like that?!”

I was finally able to bring my heavy breathing down a bit, placing my head in my hands. Besides my erratic heartbeat, I felt no pain. I looked my arms over, patted my body up and down a bit to see if I felt any injuries I may have sustained within this “episode”. There was nothing. Having that said, it wasn’t a vision; it all must’ve been a dream… no, a fucking nightmare.

“Hey, how you feeling Jay?”

I looked up to see Brian situate himself on the couch next to me. He handed me the cool washcloth, “Here, put this on your head for a bit, it’ll help to cool you down.”

Weird thing was, I didn’t feel hot at all. Still remaining silent, I grabbed the washcloth and began to wipe it all over my face, in hopes to rid myself of the disorientation and exhaustion I felt at that moment. “Thank you.” I rasped as I held the washcloth in my hand.

“AJ, why did you call my name out like that? Did you have a vision of me?”

“Nick, would you not?” Kevin warned.

Nick held his hands up, as if trying to defend himself, “I’m just sayin’, and I think I have every right to know if he saw something bad happen to me or whatever.”

Gosh, did this kid forget again that this energy he releases hits me twice as hard?! “Please, would you calm down?” I muttered out, still feeling a bit delirious.

Nick looked back over at me and sighed, “Sorry Jay.”

I glanced over at Kevin, knowing he was going to say something. I watched as he raked his hand through his hair, battling with his thoughts on what to do. “What do you want to do Alex?”

I let my head rest upon my hand, “I think I just want to go home.” I mumbled out, sounding a lot like a little child.

Kevin nodded as he rose up from his crouched position, “Alright. We’ll be by your place tomorrow, okay?”

I gave a slight nod, and with that wearily pushed myself up from the couch. Both Brian and Howie were faithful at my sides, ready to grab and help me, but quickly retreated. “Thank you, I’m fine.” I voiced out has I handed the washcloth back to Brian.

I could feel their eyes bore into the back of me as they watched me make my way towards the door. “Do you think you could stay the night with him? Keep an eye on him and make sure he’ll be okay?” I heard Kevin mutter in a low voice to Nick.

“Yeah, it’ll be no problem, as long as he’s fine with it.” Nick replied.

I grasped the doorknob and twisted it, opening the door as I let myself out. “Whatever you do Nick, try to remember NOT to touch him again.” The fear they once felt was now replaced with worry and concern. I know I’ll hate to be reminded that no one can touch me; physical touch, from being intimate to comforting, was something I always needed… whether it was the loving touch of a woman to a reassuring hug from one of the fellas, I just always needed that physical sensory, and now I’d have to live without it… lord knows for how long.

I could hear this guttural noise being released from Nick, obviously irritated with how Kevin seemed to harangue him about accidentally touching me. Not only did he seem irritated with Kevin, but also himself, knowing that it was his mistake that lead me to be in the state I’m in.

“Yes Kevin, you don’t have to fucking remind me like I’m stupid or something.” Nick gritted back.

“Look, I don’t think nor am I trying to make you feel stupid Nick, and you really don’t have to give me that attitude. I’m just saying that we all need to be more cautious being around him.”

And there it was again… that feeling that bubbled within me of everything being better off if I was nowhere near them that I had came to suppress was back. I made my way out towards Nick’s car, figuring it’d be best if I didn’t stick around to feel their boiling tension, or dwell within the words or thoughts about me that I wasn’t supposed to hear. I leaned myself against Nick’s car, my hand immediately coming up to shield my eyes from the harsh glare of the setting sun. Fuck, I forgot my shades in the house, but there’s no way I’m going back in there to get it.

A few moments later, Nick stormed out of the house, not really appearing upset, but obviously wanting to leave. “Here Jay, you forgot this.” he said to me as he handed me my shades. Thank God. I graciously accepted it and immediately placed it over my eyes, darkening my world just a bit. All was right.

“You don’t mind me staying the night over, do you?” Nick asked me as he unlocked his car door, jumping in. “Maybe I’ll finally be able to do something right by daddy Kev.”

I shook my head as I jumped into the passenger seat, “As long as you promise to keep relatively calm.”

Nick gave a small smirk, still trying to digest all this unexplainable activity, “Did you, uh… did you want to stop off anywhere before we head home? Need to get anything from the store, or do you want something to eat?”

I yawned and settled further in the seat, “Nah, I’m good. Just want to go home and sleep.”

Nick nodded as he started the car and threw it in reverse. It didn’t take long until I was out like a light again.

~*~*~*~

My eyes snapped open as I lurched forward in the seat I was sitting.

“Whoa!” Nick exclaimed, obviously startled by my sudden movement. “Good morning sunshine!”

“Where am I?” I gasped.

“Where are you?” Nick repeated, “You’re in my car.”

I looked around the first time, realizing what Nick said to be right. Holy shit, it was fucking déjà vu. And that’s when it hit me… it wasn’t a nightmare I had when I had fallen asleep at Kevin’s place, it was a fucking vision. Oh God.

Nick took his eyes off the road for a bit to glance over at me in concern, “You alright buddy? You waking up out of a dead sleep scared the shit out of me… almost made me swerve off the fucking road.”

“Where are we going?” I asked.

Nick’s face scrunched up in confusion, “I’m uh… I’m bringing you back to your place?”

“Oh.” I finally said as I immediately turned my attention to our surroundings.

I felt Nick sulk a bit, “Look man, I’m sorry.” he apologized. “I really didn’t mean to touch you, I guess I forgot and tried to give you a reassuring hug or some shit… you can tell I’m a fucking blonde.”

I was going to ignore him, but decided to go along with the scene that had already unfolded before me, “Don’t worry about it.” I kept my reply shorter than what I had really told him in my vision.

“This is all surreal… it’s kinda like you’re that chick from X-Men, except for the fact that you don’t kill people with one touch.”

“Rogue?” I asked in a monotone voice. I really wish he would stop talking so I can focus on trying to prevent us from getting into the deadly accident I had foreseen.

He smiled, “Yeah. To an extent, must be kinda cool.”

How I wanted to knock him upside his fucking head right now for saying this. No Nick, you would NOT find this cool if I had told you that I had a premonition of us getting into a car wreck and you dying. “Do you hav-” I immediately stopped myself from asking that question, remembering that in my vision I asked him if he had a bottle of water and he tried to reach in the back for it, causing our car to swerve a bit from the lane we were in.

Nick glanced between me and the road, “Do I… do I have what?”

“Nevermind.” I muttered as I removed my seatbelt and craned myself over the seat to search for the bottle of water that was somewhere near the backseats.

“What are you looking for?” he asked me.

I stretched my arm out to blindly feel for the water bottle behind my seat. Once I felt my hand come in contact with something, I quickly grasped it and pulled it out from underneath my seat. I flounced myself back down in my chair and stared at the bottle of water I now held within my grasp. Holy shit, this is all fucking real.

Nick glanced down at the water bottle I was holding, “Is that what you were gonna ask if I had?”

I simply nodded as I unscrewed the cap and took a big, long swig of the warm water. “Yeah.” I finally gasped out.

Nick’s brows furrowed in confusion, “How did you know I had a bottle of water back there?”

Just as I was about to answer him, I looked out my window to see the car that we would have rear-ended in my vision when Nick had let his car swerve as he searched for the water bottle. “Hey, could you get into the furthest right lane please?”

I could feel the puzzlement within Nick grow even more. Right now’s not the time to let your feelings overwhelm you Nick! “What? Why?”

“Just do it please!”

“What the hell is going on Jay?” he asked me as he signaled his blinkers and drifted into the right lane. “Could you fill me in with what’s going on, because you’re really starting to freak me out!”

We were nearing the point of the accident, I know it. Due to being in the other lane, I could clearly see the large hauling truck that would come to a sudden stop at any moment. Behind the truck and in the lane on the left of us was the car that would swerve out of the lane to avoid hitting the stopped truck. “Just listen to what I tell you, okay?” I voiced, “Don’t fucking ask any questions.”

That shut him up real quick. I wanted him to get into the furthest right lane so we could pull over, but we were surrounded by cars, so there was no chance of doing that. Instead, I had to focus on the timing so what happened in my vision wouldn’t happen at all.

“Do you want me to sta-”

“STOP!!!”

Nick immediately slammed on the breaks upon hearing me shout that one word. Before he could get his question out, of if he wanted me to have him stay in this lane, I watched as the hauling truck came to a sudden stop. The car that was right behind the truck had swerved into out lane and clipped the front of our car, causing us to spin out slightly though Nick had brought the car to a stop.

Nick tightened his grip on the wheel as he fought to keep the car from spinning far out into the other lane. We jerked forward a bit from the impact of yet another car hitting us slightly from behind as they too came to a sudden stop. All that was heard were the screeching sound of tires behind us and of course our heavy breathing.

“Holy shit!” Nick gasped out, slowly letting up his tight grip on the wheel. “Holy fucking shit.”

I continued to sit there in silence, not actually believing that I had prevented us from getting into the deadly car accident I had foreseen. Once I was able to regulate my breathing, I glanced over at Nick, “You okay man?”

Nick quickly nodded his head as he fought for something, anything to say. “Yeah… you?”

I gave a small nod as well, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“What the fuck?!” Nick exclaimed, still unable to wrap his mind around what had just happened.

Knowing that Nick was perfectly fine, I ignored his antics and thought of the other people that were involved. I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out of the car, making my way over towards the car that had swerved out of the lane to avoid hitting the back of the truck and had hit us instead. I walked up to the driver side to find a fairly young woman freaking out.

“Oh my god, oh my god!!” she chanted over and over, her voice sounding a bit muffled because her window was rolled up.

“Ma’am?” I shouted a bit, in hopes she could hear me through her rolled up window, “Ma’am, are you alright?”

She shot a look over towards me and let out another sob, “My baby, my baby!!” she cried out.

I pointed to her car door, to let her know that I’d be opening her car door and I wouldn’t freak her out. I grasped the handle and opened the door, “Are you okay?” I asked again, hoping she would calm down.

“My baby!” she cried out again. “My baby’s in the back!”

I glanced through the back windows of her van to see her baby strapped into his car seat, wailing and thrashing about. “Okay ma’am, I’m going to check on your baby, okay?” I informed her of my actions, to make sure she would be okay with it.

“Please check my baby!” she sobbed, “Please let him be okay.”

“Okay, I need you to calm down for me please?” her growing emotion was beginning to overwhelm me. “Just calm down, your baby looks fine and I’m gonna check to make sure, okay?”

She was finally able to bring her sobs to a slight cease. “Okay, okay, okay.” she chanted over and over, getting herself to calm down.

I grabbed the handle to her car door and opened the sliding door, releasing the loud pitch of the wailing baby to the world. “Shh little buddy, it’s okay.” I cooed as I reached in to check him over. Besides fussing over the sudden jarring actions of what had just happened, he looked okay. I mean, I know I’m no doctor, but I could feel what the baby was feeling; and it wasn’t of pain, but fear.

“Your baby’s fine.” I voiced out to the now quiet woman. “No signs of any injuries, nothing. Just shook up is all.”

The woman quickly removed her seatbelt and jumped out of her seat. “Oh god, thank you!” she cried out as she made her way to her son’s side. She was obviously scared to look back at him… scared that she would find her son bloody and injured from the accident; the wails her son emitted didn’t help her feelings either. She quickly unbuckled her son from the car seat and greedily scooped him up into her arms, holding him tight to her as she cried. “Thank you!”

I gave a small smile, hoping to ease her a bit, “You’re welcome, just wanted to make sure you guys were okay. Help should be on the way.” I told her, knowing that Nick’s On-Star program of his car had kicked in from when we were first hit and had dispatched help to be on their way.

“Are you guys okay?” I heard a voice question from behind.

I turned around to find a male that appeared to be a few years older than me approaching us. “Yeah, they’re fine.” I answered for them.

“What about you and your friend?” he asked, referring to Nick and I.

“We’re fine too.” I nodded.

“Damn, I’m really sorry, I tried hard not to hit you guys!” the man tried to explain, “My attention immediately went to this woman who had swerved out of the way from hitting that truck, that I wasn’t even paying attention to what was going on in front of me!”

“I know.” I said sympathetically, “Nothing to worry about, none of us saw this coming.” Correction, I did. “The main thing is that we’re all okay.”

The man nodded as he now made his way over towards the emotional woman and her baby. Now knowing that everyone was okay, I made my way back to the car and jumped back in to the passenger seat, finding Nick to be in the same state I left him.

“Are they okay?” he asked me in a meek voice.

I nodded. “Yeah… are you? You’re the one that’s got me worried right now.”

Nick relieved a sigh, “I’m just in fucking shock dude, this all happened so fast, and it could have been so much worse had you not…” Don’t need to tell me that Nick, I already seen what WOULD have happened. “You saw this, didn’t you?”

I looked over at him, “What?”

“That’s why you were acting all fucking strange and told me to get into the other lane… you saw this coming, didn’t you? Is that why you had yelled out my name back at Kevin’s house?!”

I began to rub my temples… everyone’s different emotions were beginning to take it’s toll on me, and Nick’s feelings would eventually push me over the edge. “Nick, relax please.”

“I can’t fucking relax!” he slightly shouted in a soft tone. “You fucking saw this shit before hand and prevented it from being worse than it could have been.”

“Yes Nick.” I finally gave in, hoping the truth would shut him up. “Yes I did see what was going to happen and yes I prevented it from being worse than it could have been.”

Silence had befallen us for a moment; obviously Nick was digesting what I just told him, along with trying to process the initial shock of the accident. “What did you see?” he asked in a soft voice. “What really happened?”

I sighed as I reclined back in my seat. “You don’t want to know.” I said, hearing approaching sirens off in the distance. “You really don’t wanna fucking know.”

Chapter End Notes:

Quite a lengthy one! Hope it was a good update for ya'll! ;)

*Btw, I added "Suspense" to the genre category, because even though I said this fic wouldn't be suspenseful... upon returning to the story, the characters decided that they want their story to be suspenseful, so that's what happened. You can blame it on the boys. :P