- Text Size +
Two days after giving birth to Sutton Blaine Carter, Presley and Nick were allowed to bring their little boy home. Unfortunately for Presley, Nick and the rest of the boy’s are right in the middle of their Unbreakable tour, so she is going to be spending the next couple of months as a single mom. Not that she really expected it any other way. She had only been back together with Nick since the birth of Sutton, so she was fully prepared to raise him on her own. Presley knew that she had a lot of making up to do with Nick. She knew that she had to prove to him that she loved him more than her had ever loved anyone else, and that her past relationship with AJ was over, they were completely one hundred percent over each other.

The tricky part was going to be getting Nick to believe it. It isn’t hard to understand why he is so insecure about AJ being a part of their life, after all Presley and AJ always seemed to find their way into one another’s bed. But that was over now. It wasn’t going to happen anymore. Presley was going to show Nick everyday that she loved him, that she wanted him for the rest of her life. Having Sutton made her want to try even harder to make sure that she didn’t fuck everything up. She wanted to make sure that her baby had a strong solid foundation to grow up in. She wanted him to have both parents around, and both parents happy and in love. She wanted Sutton to have the family that Nick and her never got to have.

Presley sat in the hospital bed waiting for Nick to return with the carseat. She was about to bring Sutton home for the first time. She kept going over all of the things in her head that he had already done. He had his first shots, his first bath, his first poopy diaper, and now he was about to get his first car ride. It is crazy how all of these trivial things seem like such a big deal to a new mother. It was like she wanted to suck up every detail of every move or sound that he made. She was a mother now. And Nick was a father. A smile slide across her face as she day dreamed about walking along the beach with Nick and Sutton holding their hands and walking between them.

“What cha’ smiling about?” Nick asked as he walked into the room holding on to the carseat.

“About us…” Presley replied. “I was thinking about walking along the beach with you and Sutton.”

Nick smiled down at Presley. He was happy to see that she seemed much happier, and that she wasn’t looking nearly as frail as she had the day that she went into labor on his bus. He was still a little apprehensive about going forward with their relationship, but he knew that he would regret it later on if he didn’t give it one more try. He really did love Presley, and that is exactly why he was afraid of her. She had a power over him that no woman had ever had before. He had made up his mind though, that if this relationship was going to work that he was taking over. He was going to be the dominant one. It seemed to him that she always had the upper hand, that it was always him begging her do give in, to do something for him. Now he wasn’t going to be, he was going to demand it. She was going to treat him right and he was going to treat her right, he just needed to make sure that he let her know that he wasn’t playing a game here, and that AJ did not have a place in their personal life.

“So are you ready to get out of this place?” He asked bringing himself out of his thoughts.

“I can’t wait. Three days in a hospital bed is plenty.” She replied.

“What about our little guy, is he ready?”

“Yep, he is all bundled up and ready to go. All we are waiting for is the final paperwork.”

“Are you sure you want to go back to the condo? I mean you could stay at my place while I am gone. It is in a gated community and there is plenty of security.” Nick offered again. He wasn’t sure if he like the idea of Presley staying at her condo with Sutton, there wasn’t any security and it made him a little uncomfortable. Once the media found about him being born things could get ugly.

“I am sure Nick. Your house is just so big, and with just Sutton and I being there, it will really freak me out. My condo is safe. I live in a great neighborhood; there isn’t anything to worry about.”

“You could also just come out on tour with us.” Nick added.

“Nick, I can’t go on tour with a new born. It is hard enough on you know. How are you going to handle him waking up every three hours to eat?”

Nick knew that she was right, but he was going to be gone for almost two months before they made their way back home. “I know baby, I am just worried about you and Sutton.”

Just then the nurse walked in. “Alright Miss Weathers we have all you paper work here, I just need your signature and you are free to go.” She said as she gave Presley a pen. Presley quickly signed on the line and then looked up at Nick.

“You ready to take us home?”

“Yep.” Nick walked over to the bassinet and picked Sutton up. “Hey little guy! You ready to go home?” he cooed at him. He placed him into the carseat and buckled him in. He looked back over at Presley who was retrieving her bag. “Let’s, get out of here.”