- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Leave comments i love them....this story starts in the Underneath Era (with flashbacks to the earlier days when the love started)...up until the present and is updated VERY frequently.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the prolouge...please comment since this is a BSB ff site I wanna know people are reading this story!
UNDERNEATH TOUR 2004

--Taylor—

Okay so I am officially living a bad soap opera. Everything is my fault, I did it to myself. What did you guys expect from me? I’m dating this girl Natalie, and she’s cool, but she’s not Caroline and she never will be, not matter how hard she tries. I feel horrible for her, dammit she tries so hard. She’s beautiful and everything I should want, but it’s just not enough. We have been dating for about a year and a half, nothing has changed. A lot of fan sites have went up about her being hateful to the fans. She’s never done anything in front of me, so I can’t tell if they are true or not. I don’t know I guess I am just lonely. She fills a void.

It’s been two years since I’ve seen Caroline, two years since she found out what I was doing behind her back. The girls, the lies, the sex, everything I did on tour while she was back in Tulsa waiting on me to come back home. She was my best friend since she moved in across the street. I remember that first day well. She was eight, same age as Zac, and I was ten. I always envied her because me and my brothers and sisters were home schooled and she got to leave everyday and get on the school bus and go to real school. I don’t know, she became my best friend and we did everything together up until the night the people from Mercury Records came and drug us off to Hollywood.

“Taylor! Dude guess who’s flying in today?!?”Zac yelled running into the back of the bus where I was laying half thinking and half watching Scrubs. I loved this show. Zac was always so full of energy and ALWAYS yelling. At age nineteen he still hadn’t outgrown it, I doubt he will.

“What do you want?”I asked annoyed with him. It didn’t take long for that to happen between us.

“I was just talking to Dad and he said Mom left about an hour ago to head to the airport…guess who she’s picking up?”Zac said leaning up against the doorframe. I could tell he was about to burst to tell me so I looked at him waiting for him to go on.

“Caroline.”he said and I almost spit the Dr.Pepper I had just sipped out onto the floor. He laughed a little at how surprised I was.

“WHAT?!?”I yelled hearing a rustle of noise in the front. Please be wrong Zac. PLEASE!

“Yup…Mom invited her…something happened back in Tulsa with her not sure what though.”he said and I heard a voice. She was here.

-- Caroline --

So this is maybe the most uncomfortable thing I have EVER and I mean EVER done in my life! The first hug with Diana was awkward. I haven’t seen these people in almost two years. I was excited but nervous. Nothing, no nerves I had ever had in my life, would compare to seeing Taylor. The whole plane ride I felt like puking waiting on this moment to arrive. The last time I had seen Taylor was the same night I found out he was cheating on me. I had gotten a part on a small television show and had driven out to see Taylor as they had started recording the This Time Around album. I caught him making out with some girl and that’s when it ended. I knew she wasn’t the first and I knew she wasn’t going to be the last. It’s never been the same since. Taylor’s my soulmate, no matter how much I deny it. He just is. Ever heard that song by them Love Song…that’s me and Taylor. Lifelong Love. No matter how much I can’t stand it, it will always be him. We had talked on the phone a few times since the “incident” nothing to great, but we agreed to be civil to one another if we ever crossed paths. The truth is the only reason I am here is because my mother died a few days ago and my brother had called Diana to let her know. She felt horrible and invited me out to stay with the family until the funeral arrangements were made. My mother and her had been best friends before the Hanson’s got real famous. I had watched my mother die. She had lung cancer, smoked a pack a day for her whole life so I watched her progressively get worse. I think Diana just wanted me out of the house so I wouldn’t be alone during the whole thing. We were all going to go to the funeral together. As I sat at the table drinking a coke with Zac I wondered when had these boys grown up. Zac was huge compared to the last time I had seen him. His hair was cute so short compared to the riduclously long hair they had before, but his face was cute. Very cute! I heard the footsteps from the back of the bus and braced myself for what was the come. To say I was floored when Jordan Taylor Hanson walked out in front of me would be an understatement. This boy was gorgeous. I know after what he did I shouldn’t give him the time of day but GOOD GOD! His hair was cute short also, short and shaggy…oh my God.

“Are you not going to say hey to her Taylor?”Zac asked leaning back in the bus booth. He looked back at Taylor and smiled. I could tell he thought this was uncomfortableness was funny as hell. Taylor looked over at Zac like he could kill him and Zac got up from the table and laughed his way into the back. Taylor continued to do whatever in the hell it was he was doing by the microwave and after his meal was heated up he walked over and sat in front of me.

“What are you doing here?”he asked in a rude tone as he took his first bite of E-Z Mac.

“Nice to see you too Tay.”I said knowing it would really piss him off to call him that. He hated it, but not when I called him it.

“Look don’t act like everything is fine and we are perfect again cause its not.”he said looking up at me. He had so much hatred coming out of him it was weird.

“Taylor you did it not me.”I said leaning back crossing my arms. He was so intense about the whole thing still, after two years.

“Caroline GOD! How many times do I have to say sorry before you will just forget it?!”he yelled slamming his hands down on the table making his fork drop to the floor. He stood up and walked back over to the counter by the microwave. He put his two hands on the counter top and leaned on it looking down shaking his head.

“Taylor chill out. It’s been two years…I’m not going to hate you forever.”I said and he looked up at me as I put my hand on his arm. He closed his eyes looking back down at the countertop.

“Don’t say all of this if you don’t mean it.”he said looking down at my hand on his arm.

“It’s been long enough.”I said as he looked up at me. “It was different with us.” I wanted to forgive him. I missed him more than anything.

“Taylor?!? Hey baby!”a brown headed girl with a greasy forehead said bopping into the bus. Oh my GOD! He had a girlfriend. No fucking wonder. He took his arm away from mine and gave her a fake smile. See Taylor has two smiles, one when he is genuinely happy with something and his eyes crinkle up perfectly and another one where he shows just a little to much teeth.

“We have to talk!”she said grabbing his arm looking over at me with a weird look. She pulled him to the back of the bus away from me. I couldn’t believe it. How could he have a girlfriend and I not know about it?