- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
purechaos...i love your reviews :)
--Taylor—

I didn’t want to tell her what I was about to tell her, but I knew I had to. I walked inside quietly looking for her. This arena seemed so quiet, maybe it was because outside was so loud. There she was sitting at the edge of the stage. She looked incredible up there. She didn’t even look at me as I sat down beside her. She continued to stay silent as I put my hand on her leg and said hey.

“Me and you gotta talk.”I said sighing. I was about to break her heart.

“No shit Tay.”she said finally looking up. She had been crying. She was hiding it well but I knew those bloodshot eyes better than anyone.

“You know in my whole life I’ve never loved anyone as much as you. You know that right?”I said and she nodded her head biting her bottom lip. “And I don’t know. I guess we just work. If I would have known this was how everything would end up I would have never done any of it.”I felt the water trickling down my cheeks. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. This would make a first for us. She had NEVER seen me cry even when I left for California.

“Taylor what’s wrong?”she asked knowing it was serious. I was silent until I felt her hand run up my back. “Tay come on.”she said holding her hand on my back.

“I have to marry her.”there was no holding back my tears now. They burst out like a water dam. I was ashamed and hurt and just all mixed up. She pulled me into a hug and I just cried in her shoulder. Another first for us, we were always in the opposite position. I was supposed to be holding her. “I’m sorry… I am so sorry.”was all I could think of to keep repeating her. I wanted her and needed her to understand that. I wanted her to know everything. I wanted it to go back to just me and her.

“Babe there is nothing you can do now. It’ll be okay.”she said calmly as she kept rubbing her hands up my back.

“When I walked into the kitchen this afternoon I was just like God I am such an asshole. How could I ever let something like her go? And now its just…”I said sniffling as I couldn’t find anyway to explain it to her. She knew what I was saying.

“It’s okay.”she said running her hand through my hair .

“Why do you keep saying that?!? It’s not going to be okay!”I said getting loud as I pulled away from her.
“You know what FINE! Its not going to be okay Taylor YOUR RIGHT! You did this to yourself.”she yelled standing up. Wow. And the truth comes out! Honesty can be hurtful.

“Where did all that come from?”I said standing up beside her.

“Because I am fucking mad Taylor! How could you be so damn stupid?”she said letting everything out. I felt horrible, but I remained silent. “All of these years I have done nothing but hurt and why? All I wanted was to be with you and when I finally get to be around you again…”she said and looked away. I knew her tears were coming.

“What?”I asked quietly touching my hand to hers.

“You’re gone.”she said and walked away shaking her head.

--Caroline—

I didn’t mean to be so mean to Taylor, but dammit he deserved it. I walked outside to the curb and watched the thousands of cars on the boulevard go by. All of the fans I could see were oddly taking a few shots of me sitting down. I guess they thought I was one of their girlfriends.

“Hey!”Diana said walking up behind me. I looked up at her trying to smile. She would see right through it and only look at my tear stained face. She sat down beside me and pulled me into a hug. “If he hasn’t said it yet. He’s sorry.”their mom started and from that moment I wish she had never began speaking.

“I’ve just never seen Taylor act the way he does when he is around you. It’s different with ya’ll. I know it’s cliché but its in his eyes everytime your around him. He just lights up. Today’s the first time I’ve seen it in a while. It’s always been that way. You must make him happy. Don’t know why he wanted to screw everything up like this.”she said letting me go from the hug. I said nothing back to her and she could tell I was getting upset so she changed the subject.

“So we haven’t heard you sing a while you got any new stuff?”she asked.

“Oh yea tons.”I said thinking of my arsenal of Taylor hate and love songs.

“Come on stage tonight and sing during the boys show! It’ll be so much fun!”she said and I shook my head no as she urged it on.

“Are you sure they’d be okay with it?”I asked wondering what it would be like.

“Definitely. You didn’t see the link on their page to your music site?”she asked and I pondered. That’s so awesome that they put me up! She stood up and held her hand out.

“Come on you’re doing it no matter what!”she said pulling me up. “We gotta get you a guitar!”

--Zac –

Being the drummer kinda sucks, no one can see me. I mean they can, but they can’t REALLY see me. I get no crowd interaction. I am in a prison behind them drums.

“So tonight we are going to introduce someone who is very special to myself and my brothers…”Taylor said as the lights turned up a little bit to face Caroline stepping onto the stage with one of Isaac’s acoustics. “She is one of our friend’s from Tulsa you may recognize her from our website, or maybe you don’t, either way when you leave this show tonight you better click on that link and see her.”Taylor said laughing at himself. She looked uncomfortable and nervous. “So she’s gonna sing you a song.” I hated him for what he had done to her. He’d made her miserable for years for no reason other than him being selfish. She took a seat on a stool directly in front of me and adjusted the microphone to the correct height. I knew she didn’t want to do this, but mom had made her.

“How are you guys tonight??”she said smiling. She lit up onstage. She always had. Her music was always something that she had worked on with us when we were younger. I always wondered if she was hurt that she didn’t get to join in on all the fame. She could have outdone us, no doubt, her voice was amazing, but she wanted us to have it more than her. She’s not selfish like some people I am related to. I looked over at Taylor and so did she. I could tell she was still hurting so bad. “So this song is about loving somebody you can’t have and knowing it will never be the same.”she said sighing as she began to strum the first chord. I watched her sing every heartfelt word so obviously about Taylor. As she left the stage Taylor began to play again- every single song on Underneath apart from about two were written for her. And she knew that.

-- Caroline --

I feel like an idiot. I poured my heart out to hundreds of fans and to the one person the song was about. How stupid could I get? I sat down on the sand watching the waves crash down in front of me behind the hotel. I bet it didn’t even faze him. If I knew Taylor he most likely wasn’t even listening to any of it. Maybe I just needed to move on. He was never going to be able to be with me anyways. He had introduced me like some stupid opening act tonight, not like someone he loved.

“Hey.”Zac said walking up behind me. He scared the shit out of me as he took a seat next to me.

“Nice pants.”I said looking at his plaid pajama pants. He smiled and looked over at me.

“I thought they were hot.”he said making me laugh slightly.

“What are you doing out here? It’s nearly one.”he said looking at his watch.

“Just thinking.”I said messing with a pile of sand next to me. He pushed the sand back in the hole I had dug and I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. “Jerk.”

“Still wanna go home?”he asked putting his hands in his lap as he pulled his knees to his chest.

“I don’t know I mean yea…but no.”I said kind of laughing at how stupid it sounded.

“Okay?”he said in a smartass tone.

“I mean I want to stay because of you and your family, but I don’t know if I can stay with Taylor and that bitch.”I said and he smiled at my bitterness towards her.

“Come onnnnnnnnnn stay.”he whined putting his head on my shoulder while looking up at me.

“Why do you want me to stay so bad weirdo?”I asked him again.

“It gets lonely out here.”he said and put his hand on the side of my face. I was really taken back by this, but I let it continue. “You know I’ve liked you almost as long as Taylor.”he said rubbing his thumb across my cheek. I was stunned.

“That would have made you like five.”I said and he smiled. He stared at me and then after a second pressed his lips to mine. I didn’t pull away until I heard the footsteps behind us.

“What the FUCK?!”I heard Taylor’s voice from behind us and I pulled away from Zac.