- Text Size +
The warmth of the morning sun fell upon Howie's room, as he woke up. "Mmm..." He muttered, stretching. Howie got up, put a robe on, and walked out the room. Within an instant, he smelled fresh coffee, and bacon cooking. "What the...?" Howie walked downstairs, and walked towards the kitchen. As he entered, he saw Mariana by the stove, cooking breakfast. "Well, it's about time you woke up. Morning, by the way." Mariana said with a smile then turned back to the stove. Howie walked up to her, and kissed her on the cheek. "You really didn't have to do this..." Mariana gathered two plates with two pieces of toast, bacon, and poached eggs. "No, I wanted to. Ever since you took me into your home, I just wanted to make it up to you. You know, returning the favor." Howie rubbed his hands together, and sat down smiling. "Well, anything for you. I had to, since you said that you had nowhere else to go. I couldn't leave you out in the streets alone. You're too smart to live in the streets." Mariana turned to him, walked to the table, and sat down. "How do you know if I'm smart?" Howie said smiling, "Because it's there." She took a fork, and took a bite of her eggs. "So? How are they?" "Mmm...These are better than hotel breakfast. You sure can cook, Mariana." "Thank you." They continued to eat their breakfast. "So, it must be nice to be a Backstreet Boy." Howie looked up, with the fork in his mouth, then taking it out. "How...how did you know?" "Well, since you did say that your name was Howie Dorough, I figured that it sounded very familiar." "I see..." "Howie?" "Yes, honey?" "How long can I stay here?" "As long as you want, Querida." Mariana blushed slightly, and turned her attention to the plate in front of her. "She's remarkably radiant..." Howie thought. "If only..."

Later that day, AJ, Brian and Nick came by to Howie's house. "Yo, D! Where you at, bro?" Howie emerged from the dining room, and into the den. "Hey, guys. What's up?" Howie and the gang sat down on the couch. "Nothin' much, man. Actually, I was right in the middle of beating Shang Tsung on Mortal Kombat on Very Hard. I was using Liu Kang, of course, and--" "Nick, Nick, Nick..." AJ stated, shaking his head. "The only thing that you play on "Very Hard" is the Fuck game, and you can't even get harder than partially limp." Brian and Howie began to laugh. "Hey, shut up! I can get hard!" "Shit...you can't get it up no mo'. You limp like a muthafucka." Nick threw a pillow at AJ, and smacked him right in the face.

"Ahh! That shit hurt, bro." "Well, the reason why I called you all was because I want you to meet someone. You can come down now!" "In a minute!" AJ, Brian and Nick were talking amongst themselves, until they heard someone come downstairs. Mariana came downstairs with a black t-shirt and blue jeans. "Guys, this is Mariana Rodriguez." AJ and Nick looked at her with amazement. "Whoa..." AJ thought. "Girl hot as hell. mmm mmm MMM!" "Hello. It's nice to meet you all." Brian got up, and shook Mariana's hand. "It's nice to meet you too, Miss Rodriguez," said Brian, smiling. "Tell the management that she's going on tour with us for several months." Mariana looked at Howie in shock. "Wha---what?" "Oh, I didn't tell you? Mariana, I have to go on tour in a few days, and I was wondering...if I could bring you along with me...I mean us. What do you say?" Mariana was on cloud nine when she was given this great news. Should she take Howie up on his offer? "Yes. I'll go with you." Howie walked up to her, and embraced her deeply. "This will be one great tour." Mariana had her arms around his neck, as she looked into his eyes. "Yeah...it will."

AJ, Brian and Nick looked at each other, then back at the two. AJ cleared this throat. "Ok, we're gonna go, D." Howie let Mariana go, and looked at AJ. "Ok then. When does the tour start again?" "Uh...next Friday. We have to leave early Thursday." said Nick "Alright then. The first concert is in Anaheim, right?" "Yeah. Come on guys," said Brian, walking to the door with the others. As they left, Mariana embraced him tight. "I can't believe it! Me, going on tour with you. This is gonna be great, Howie. Thank you!" Howie grabbed her hands, and looked at her. "You're welcome. Now, that's MY way of 'returning the favor.' "Mariana kissed him on the cheek, and was about to go upstairs, but Howie grabbed her arm, pulling her to him. "Mariana, wait..." Howie leaned in slowly. "I...I wanted to tell you something..." "What is it...?" As Howie was about to lean in even more, Mariana's cell phone rang. Howie moved back, and walked backwards a little. "That must be my abuela. I'll be back..." Mariana headed upstairs to her room, closing the door. Howie just stood there looking at the staircase. "Damn..."

AJ motioned the others towards him, and whispered, "Hey, do you think that Howie's bangin' her?" Brian smacked him in the back of the head. "AJ, is that all you think about? Sex, sex, sex?" "Well.....yeah." Brian shook his head, and walked to the car. "Well, at any rate, it's none of our business what he does with her. That's probably his new girlfriend, or somethin'," acknowledged Nick. "Maybe so. Now, we have got to get back to the studio, or else it's our asses," said AJ, as they got in the car, and drove off.