- Text Size +
As the week ended, Howie walked in, and saw Mariana packing up. Upon watching her, he stood against the doorway. Mariana turned around and saw him. "Where are you going?" "I'm packing up for the tour. I just hope that I got everything..." Howie walked up to her, and helped her pack. "Could you hand me my necklace, please?" Howie looked over to the dresser, and saw a cross necklace with rubies inside it. "It's beautiful, Mariana...Where did you get it?" Mariana took it from him, and looked at it sitting down. "It was my mothers'. She gave it to me...before she died. That's one of the main reasons why I left home. I just couldn't take the grief any longer." Howie sat beside her, and placed his hand on her shoulder. "So, you took the necklace, as if it was her?" "You can say that. Put it on for me?" Howie took the necklace, and placed it on her neck, hooking it. She then turned to face him. "Thanks a lot." Howie held the cross in his hand, and thumbed it, so it could luster. "I know that your mother is watching over you, my dear." "You really think so?" Howie curled his finger around her chin, and said, "I know so." Mariana placed both her hands on his face. "You see? That is the main reason why I admire you, Howie. You care for others' feelings." "It's in my blood." Mariana smiled at him, and turned to her suitcase. "Well, the plane leaves in a half-hour, so we had better be going." Howie got up and walked to the door. "I'll escort you." "Really? No one has ever done that for me before." Howie giggled a little. "Well, consider me the first." And with that, Mariana linked her arm within Howie's, and walked out the door.

The first night of the tour had become a huge success. The cheers and screams of teenage girls rang through the stadium. After the show ended, the guys went to the Waldorf-Astoria, one of their favorite hotels. Howie and Mariana were the first ones to get off the tour bus, then the others. "So, who's the girl?" asked Kevin, grabbing his jacket before exiting. "That's Mariana Rodriguez, Howie's friend." said Nick. "She's nice. I just hope that she's not another Christina." "Kevin, I'm sure she's not. I mean, two weeks ago, we went over Howie's apartment, and she was very nice. Young, too." said Brian. "How young?" "I don't know. Looked about 17, 18." "Hmm...ok then."

Mariana and Howie walked into a vacant hotel room, and closed the door. "So, what do you want to do?" asked Howie. "I've heard about this hotel. Does it have a ballroom?" "Yes, it does. What, you wanna go dancing?" "Yes, I do...that is...if you're not too tired from the concert..." Howie got up, and danced a little. "Oh, yeah, I'm not too tired to dance the night away. Let's go change." Howie walked into the bathroom, and started the shower. Mariana smiled at the door, and snuck out with a bag in her hand. A few moments later, Howie walked out with nothing but black from head to toe. He wore a long sleeved black shirt, black dress pants, and leather black shoes to match. "Mariana, are you....Mariana?" She was nowhere to be found. "Oh, no...Mariana!" Howie's first thought was looking in the ballroom for her. "God, I hope she's there..."

Howie walked into the ballroom, and saw a familiar face, Pollyanna. "What are you doing here, sis?" "I'm on a date. How was the concert?" "Good, good. Look, have you seen a young girl? About 5'4, long brown hair, and wore a jean outfit?" "You mean her?" Pollyanna pointed to the steps.

Howie looked up, and his breath was instantly stolen. "Oh, my God..." There she was, standing at the top of the stairs, wearing a beautiful red evening gown, and black heeled shoes. Her left hand sat gently upon the golden banister. She then began to gracefully walk down the stairs to Howie's direction. As she made it all the way down, she said, "So, are you ready to dance?" Howie was still in a shock that Pollyanna had to poke him. "Oww!" Mariana giggled at him, and held out her hand. "Well?" Howie placed his hand upon hers, and grasped it a little. "Yes, I am...more than anything." Howie and Mariana walked to the dance floor, and began to dance to a slow song. "This is nice, Howie..." Mariana said, while placing her head upon his shoulder. Howie slowly placed his arms around her waist, with only a sigh from her. "Yes, it is..." As they were at the very core of the dance floor, the other dancers watched them in awe. She then placed her head on his chest, with her arms wrapped around his neck. "You're a wonderful dancer, Howie..." she said in a whisper. "So are you, baby..." Mariana stopped moving. "What did you say?" Howie stopped as well, and looked down at her. "Uh...I mean...Mariana. Sorry." "It's ok."