- Text Size +
It was the next day, and the Boys were at the lobby eating breakfast. "Rockin' concert last night, eh?" asked Brian. "That's not all that was rockin'." said AJ. "What do you mean?" Kevin asked, after drinking his orange juice. "Uh, nothin'. I ain't sayin' nothin' to the fact that Howie and that Mariana chick was fuckin' last night." "WHAT?!" AJ flinched slightly. "J, you have GOT to be kidding me. You're not bullshittin' us, are you?" "No...I would never lie about this...Howie and that girl were gettin'...it...on." Kevin sits back, rubbing his temples. "The girl is 18 FUCKIN' years old!" "Kevin, calm down..." "I refuse to! Howie should know better than that!" "Look, we don't know if that's true, Kev. We have to hear it from Howie's mouth, rather than Sound Off over here," concluded Brian. "Hey! Kiss my a--" Nick throws a strawberry at him. "You son of a--" "Here he comes..." Howie comes downstairs, head hanging down. "What's up, D?" asked Nick, turning to him. "Nothing much...I think Mariana's mad at me..." "I wonder why..." Brian hauled off and smacked AJ in the back of his head. "'EY, bro'! The hell was that for?" Kevin sits back in his seat, looking at Howie. Howie turns to him, for he felt his eyes on him. "What?" "Howie...we need to know the truth. Did you, or did you not have sex with that girl?" Howie gets up quickly. "Excuse me?" Kevin gets up as well, slight anger in his green eyes. "I said...did you...or did you not have sex with that girl?" "No! Why would you say such a thing? Mariana's my friend...who said I did?" Everyone's eyes turn to AJ. He has a piece of toast hanging out of his mouth as he looked up. "What up?" "AJ, you're an ass..." stated Nick, getting up, walking outside."Why would you lie like that?" "It wasn't a lie! I heard that girl in there moanin', sayin' "Right there...to the left..." "I was giving her a massage..." Howie said slowly so that AJ could comprehend. "......oh. uh...oops?" Howie shakes his head at AJ, before leaving the lobby, heading back to his room.

He wasn't hungry. He didn't even have any feeling within him whatsoever. The only thing that he felt was Mariana's possible anger. The tone of her voice was the only proof of it. He wants to talk to her, and yet, he didn't. He feels that he should leave her be, and give her peace. As Howie stands in front of his door, he takes a deep breath. Howie opens his door, and to his surprise, Mariana was there, sitting on his bed. "Mariana...what are you doing here?" "Howard...we need to talk." Howie embedded his hands in his pockets, walking to the bed, sitting next to her. "Um...about last night...I'm sorry if I seemed upset...it's just..." "Yes?" "I know what you're up to." Howie looks up from the ground, and looks into her eyes. "What do you mean?" "I can read you like a book. You have been trying to kiss me for the last 3 months, and every time you try, you stop. It upsets me at times. If you're going to kiss me, just do it. And if you're not going to, then stop trying." "Mariana, I'm sorry...it's just that...well..." "What?" "You're right. I have been trying to kiss you...but it's that inkling in the back of my mind that tells me something." Mariana reaches into his pocket, taking his hand out, entangling her fingers with his own. "And what's that?" "That you're 18." "So?"

"Mariana, I care for you...so much so...but I can't help it. It's there." She looks at him with a puzzled look on his face. "I see...let me ask you something...have I said anything at all to the fact that you're in your 30's?" he looked down on the ground, and said in a whisper, "No..." "Then what's the difference?" Howie takes her face, and cups it in his hands. "Nothing, Querida...nothing..." She looks in his eyes, blushing slightly. "When you were giving me all of these gifts, surprises, and a place to stay, something told me that..." "That what?" She looks back at him, staring him straight in his light hazel eyes. "That you loved me." Howie was taken aback at what she said. It was as if she read his mind, followed his every step, and read every single page of his trying to win her heart. But did it work? "Mariana...It's true...I do love you...more than words can say. You mean everything to me, and when I am not around you, a part of me is dead." "Maybe it's that time to do it now, Howie." "Do what?" Mariana scooted closer to him, and turns his face to her. "Kiss me..." Howie smiles at her, starting to lean in. She meets him halfway, their lips pressed together for a sweet kiss.

Night had fallen, and the gang of 6 decided to have dinner in celebration of their completed North American tour. "I'd like to propose a toast," began Kevin. "To us...for finishing yet another successful tour. Cheers." They all clacked their glasses together, and then applauded Kevin for the nice toast. Howie and Mariana were looking at one another, holding hands. Kevin noticed as such, but he didn't like it one bit. The fact that Mariana was only 18 really bothered him...and also the fact that he thinks Howie should know better than to have her as his girlfriend. It didn't seem right to him at all. Kevin knew that they were seeing each other, he's even seen them kiss from time to time. He had the urge to pull Howie aside and simply tell him that what he's doing isn't right. "This was a wonderful dinner, guys. Thank you for inviting me." she said, ending her statement with a sweet smile. "The pleasure is all ours, my dear," said Howie, taking her little hand in his, kissing it. This caused her to turn a slight apple red. "Um, Howie and I will be right back. We're gonna get some more shrimp..." "We are?" Kevin just gazed at him then tilted his head to the direction of the buffet. "Yes, we are...I'll be right back, Mari..." She acknowledged him with a smile. Howie and Kevin were away from their table. Kevin said, "This has got to stop." Howie became instantly confused. "What are you talking about? What needs to st--" "You and Mariana. For God's sake, she's only 18 years old, D!" "Kevin, what we do is our business...and OUR business alone..." "You have the sheer balls to come out and talk to me like that..." "You shouldn't be uncomfortable about this. I love her, and if you don't like it, that's too ba--" "End it. Today." Kevin walks off after staring at Howie coldly. He just stood there, not knowing what to do. He walks to the table, and sits next to Mariana. "Are you ok, D?" Howie looks up at Brian, weakly smiling, trying to hide his emotions. "I'm alright..." Mariana picked up on his feelings in a flash. She knows when Howie is alright, or when he's all the way down-in-the-dumps. "I'm going back to my hotel room...I'll see you all in the morning before we take off to New York..." Howie gets up, and walks up to the elevator, stepping in, going to the 4th floor. Mariana's eyes never left him until he disappeared from sight. She then saw Kevin against a pole, drinking wine. "I'll be back as well..." Mariana excused herself, and walked to where Kevin was. "Kevin Richardson." she began, with a hint of anger in her voice. This caused him to turn around. "What did you say to Howie?" "I don't know what you're talking about, kid." "Don't call me that!" AJ, Brian and Nick turned to the direction of Mariana's voice.

"What did you say to him? huh? What did you say to make him leave the booth, Kevin? Tell me!" Kevin then looks at her again. "I don't answer to you, or anyone else. I'm standing by my beliefs." "What beliefs? What are you talking about?" "The fact that you're too damn young to be with Howie...you're just a kid, Mariana..." "No, I'm not. If you haven't noticed, I'm very mature for my age, and I know what to watch out for! I'm not stupid, or being stupid...like you're being right now...so do me a good favor, and leave me and Howard alone..." As Mariana started to walk away, Kevin grabs her arm, pulling her to him. "Don't you ever talk to me like that, Mariana, do you hear me?" Mariana hauled off, and slapped him square in the face. The sound of the impact made AJ and the gang turn around, shocked. "And don't you EVER put your hands on me..." Mariana storms off to the direction of the elevator, and heads to the floor Howie was on. Kevin placed a hand on his cheek, rubbing it, watching her walk away.

Howie sat on his bed, looking at a photo of their first date. He had the ultimate time of his life. He didn't want to let Mariana go, for he loved her so, yet he didn't want to ruin his friendship with Kevin. Mariana made it to Howie's room, and softly knocked on the door. "Howie? It's me...can I talk to you?" Howie slowly got up, and opened the door, seeing his little girlfriend stand before him. "Mariana, listen..." "No, I talk, you listen, Querido." Howie put his hands up in surrender, and walked to the bed, sitting down. Mariana stands over him. "Howie, why didn't you tell me that Kevin disapproved of us being together? If I've known that, then I wouldn't still be here." "No," Howie held her hand, placing it to his chest. "I don't care what Kevin says about you. I love you, Mariana, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING is going to change that." Mariana smiles sweetly at her man, leaning in for a loving kiss. "I don't ever want to lose you, Querida...you're it for me, you know that?" "I do now, Howard...I do now."