- Text Size +
“Why can’t you see that they’re in love, man?” “Because it’s not right, Brian, and you know that!” Kevin snapped. Brian has never seen this side of Kevin before…ever. And it scared him half to death.

“Kevin, you need to relax, alright? Now, I have my beliefs as well, but when I look at Howie and Mariana, I see love…all you see is a sin.” “Yeah…you’re acting as if she’s your ex or something.”

Kevin turns to AJ, giving him a cold stare. “What did you say?” “I said you’re acting like you were with Mariana before…did you two have a past?” “What? No, we’ve never met in the past…” “Then leave her alone, Kev…let her and Howie live their own lives and make their own mistakes. They’re adults.”

“No, she’s not, Brian, and you know that!” “For God’s sake, Kevin, just leave them alone!” shouted Nick from the back of the room. Kevin turns around, seeing him walk up, anger in his eyes. “I have heard you bad mouth them for the past 4 months, and this has got to stop. I have kept my silence for the very last time. They are in love! And if you can’t see that, then that’s too damn bad! Plus, you’re just jealous because Howie’s in love and you have nobody to call your own!”

“THAT’S ENOUGH! I have had it up to here with your mouth…ALL OF YOU! If I say they need to end it, then so help me God it’s gonna happen!” And with that, Kevin stormed out of the restaurant, heading up to the elevator, going up to his staying quarters for the night.

“I’m gonna use the bathroom, hun,” said Mariana, getting up from Howie’s bed. “Alright, my dear…” He sat up, watching her walk out the door. For the first time, in a very long time, he was happy and very much in love. Mariana was the best thing that ever happened to him as far as he’s concerned.

Though they’ve only known each other for nearly 5 months, it’s as though he’s known her long before. He’s even been contemplating in proposing to her, but that’s too fast.

Plus, what would Mariana think? Sure, they have a deep love for one another, but she might believe that getting married is a bit too soon. “I guess I have to wait it out,” he thought.

As Mariana was walking down the long hallway to the bathroom, she sees Kevin in the distance. Trying to ignore him, she continues to walk down the hall. “Mariana!” “Damnit…” she thought to herself, cursing at the fact that her ignoring the big ass plan didn’t work. Mariana walks away from the bathroom, and walks to him.

They’re standing face to face for a long while, but then Kevin broke the silence. “Listen, Mariana, I—“ “Save it, Kevin. I don’t want to hear a word you have to say to me.” “Mari, you have to realize that what you two are doing isn’t right. I mean, you don’t know any better.” Mariana looked up at his face in confusion. “I beg your pardon? ‘I don’t know any better?’ Do I look like I’m 5 years old to you? Do I?” her voice escalating slightly.

“Yes, and that—“ “Shut up…” Kevin stood back, and looked into her fire fueled eyes. “What did you say?” “I said shut up! Number one, you don’t know me, and number two, you have no right to judge me! Do I make myself clear?! I refuse to be disrespected by you, or anyone else who believes I ‘don’t know any better’! I get enough of that from my ex, and my family!” “Mariana, I—“ “Just leave me alone…” she storms off towards the direction of the bathroom, leaving Kevin pondering.

Mariana returned to the hotel room, and sat down on the bed. Howie looked up from his book, smiling at her. “Is everything alright?” She turns to him, and crawls up toward him. “Yes…everything’s fine…” she leans up to him, and softly kisses him. Inadvertently, he tosses the book against the wall, and wraps his arms around her. She runs her fingers through his thick, curly locks, deepening the kiss a little.

Howie’s hands then traveled from her waist, to her shoulders, pulling the spaghetti straps down. Mariana breaks the kiss, and looks into his eyes. He leans in, and kisses her shoulders lightly, then her neck, moaning as he went. With his hands still on her shoulders, he starts to lift the blouse off, but waited for her response. She nods in affirmation.

As he takes her blouse off, he is met by her ample bosom. He bit his lower lip, trying his best not to touch them…though the temptation was too much. Mariana blushed slightly, for she’s half naked in front of him, and so many things were going through her mind at once. “What do you want me to do?” she asked.

“Anything you want, Mariana…it’s your call, not mine.” “I want you to hold me…while we’re unclothed.” “Are you sure?” “Yes…I want just that…” Was she serious? “Mariana, I want to be absolutely sure that you want to do this…” “I don’t want to make love. I’m not ready yet…I just want to be consoled…to be held…ok?” “Then that is what you’ll get, mi amor…”

Mariana stood up, and took off the rest of her clothes. She fidgets a little, trying to be comfortable in front of her loyal boyfriend.

Howie stood amazed at her beauty. He didn’t know what to do at first. The only thing he did was let his thoughts and imaginations go to vast territories. He sits up, and also takes off his clothes, and getting under the covers. Mariana walks toward him, and gets under the covers as well.

As she gets comfortable, she takes a deep breath, and turns to Howie, smiling. “So…what now?” “Let the consoling begin.” He scoots over to her, and wraps his arm around her soft shoulders, kissing them again. She sighs against the feel of his lips upon her skin. Her head sits upon his hairy chest, closing her eyes. “I love you, Mariana…” he said in a whisper. “I love you too, Howard…” they both drifted off to a soundless sleep.