- Text Size +
5 weeks later

Howie and Christiana walked into Sudden Erotica. "So, Howie?" "Yes, my love?" "Have you noticed anything different about Deanna lately?" "Not really, baby." "Oh. Ok then. Nevermind." Brian walked into the club with his eyes closed. "Is everything kosher?" "Brian, no one is naked here. God... Get a damn life." "Howie..." Howie looked at Chris, and smiled. "What I do?" Just then, Deanna walked in the room with a tissue to her mouth. "Dee..." Chris began. "What's the matter? You don't feel good?" "No...My stomach has been acting funny for these past few weeks." Howie looked at Deanna, then looked at Christiana. "Uh, Chrissie? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Howie led Christiana to the bar, and closed the door. "Chris...I think Deanna's pregnant." "What? How do you figure?" "Well, she hasn't eaten...she's gained weight...Trust me, Love. It's there..." "Well, if she is, Kevin will be so happy..." Chris said with a smile. Deanna was sitting at the table with her head down. "Ugh...I feel like utter shit..." Christiana walked up to Deanna, and sat by her. "Deanna? Can I talk with you for a moment?" "Sure, C. What's up?" Chris looked around to see if anyone was looking. "Dee? You've been complainin' about stomach trouble for 5 weeks now. Is there something that you're not telling me?"

Deanna looked down at the ground. "Yeah...Chris...I'm pregnant." Christiana smiled, and hugged Deanna. "Oh my GOD! Seriously?! Congrats, sis! Kevin is gonna die!" "Yeah...die..." Deanna looked away from her, and looked down at the ground again. "Dee? What's wrong?" "About Kevin being the father. It's not his." Chris's smiled turned to an instant frown. "What? You--you're joking...right?" "No. Me and Kevin never had sex." Chris became confused. "Deanna...if you and Kevin never...ya know...did the do...who's the father?" Deanna swallowed, and looked at Chris with her soft blue eyes. "N--N--" "Nate, the dry cleaner? He's 80!" "No...Nick." "I mean, I understand Steve, the old guy that eats trash, but---say what now?" "The father of my child is Nick Carter." "You've gotta be shittin' me! Deanna!" "See, I knew if I told you, you would react like that!" "Well, how else did you expect me to react? As if he didn't try to hurt you?!" "Chris...don't yell..." "Too FUCKIN' late, Deanna. Excuse me..." As Christiana looked at Deanna one last time, she grabbed her purse and stormed off.

Howie caught up with her. "Christiana? What's the matter?" "What's the matter? What's the FUCKIN' MATTER?!" "Uh...yes?" "Deanna is pregnant!" "Ok...then's what's wrong?" "Nick's the goddamn father." "Wait a minute..." Howie laughed a little. "It sounded like you said...Nick Carter was the father of Deanna's first child..." Christiana just looked at him. "........oh God...You did say that." Christiana walked back into the bar, and walked up to Deanna. "Chris---" "Don't say anything to me anymore! Don't even ask me for shit. You know damn well that he's no good, and yet, you fucked him! How could you do that?!" "Because I love him." Christiana stepped back a little, for she was shocked at what her friend said. "You what?" "Chris, I love him. He literally poured his heart out for my forgiveness a month ago, and I couldn't turn away from that...He never knew that he hurt me...I had to forgive him. Then one thing lead to another and we...well..." "Well, you know what, Deanna? Kevin's gonna have a laugh and a half when I..." Deanna grabbed her arm. "Chris, you can't tell Kevin. If you do, it'll crush him...please...don't do this..." Chris looked at Deanna's face. She could tell that she was in an emotional rollercoaster. She couldn't back away from her now, not at her time of need.

"Ok. It will be left unsaid." "Thank you. You truly are a good friend..."

It has been one week since Deanna told Chris that she is carrying Nick's baby. Even though what her and Nick shared was beautiful, she felt a bit uneasy. She didn't know what to do. On that week, Nick was released from the rehab clinic, and couldn't wait to see his friends, especially Deanna.

AJ, Kevin, Brian and Howie awaited Nick to come out. As he did, he was welcomed with hugs. "Welcome back, man," said AJ. "We missed you. How was it?" "Brian...it wasn't like I expected. I thought that they would just shoot you up with some drug, and call it a day." "It doesn't work like that, Carter," said Kevin. "Oh. Well, I know now."

Later that day, everyone went to Sudden Erotica to celebrate his accomplishment. "Now, a toast..." began Christiana. "To a job well done. Nick, I am so proud of you. Congratulations on your completion of your classes." And with that, Christiana gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, Chris. I really appreciate this." Everyone was smiling and clapping for Nick. "Thank you all so much. I really--" Nick was cut off mid-sentence, for he saw Deanna, his secret girlfriend. He also noticed that she looked bigger than before, but he didn't think nothing of it. Deanna walked up to Kevin, and kissed him softly. She then turned to Nick, and walked to him. "Congratulations, Nick. I'm proud of you." "Thanks Dee." "Nick? Can I talk to you for a second?" Nick didn't know what was going on. "Alone?" Everyone looked at each other. They wanted to know what was going on. The only people that knew what was up was Howie and Christiana. "Sure, Dee..." Deanna and Nick walked into the bar cellar. Deanna sat down on a nearby chair. "Nick... I don't know how to tell you this..." "Tell me, Deanna. What is it?" Deanna looked up at him with her blue eyes, though they were welled with tears. "Dee..." "Nick, I can't see you anymore...I keep having nightmares of you attacking me. I can't go on like this. I'm sorry." Nick didn't understand. He thought that what they shared was to be forever. But now it seemed that it was a lie, and that she didn't want anything to do with him again...though what she's telling him is a lie...to protect him. "Deanna, you can't be serious. You don't mean it." "I do mean it!" Her voice elevated. "I do, Nickolas! I love you...God help me I do...but this can't go on. We can't go on. It's for the best." "Deanna..." Deanna walked up to him, and placed her hand on his face. "I'm sorry..." Deanna slowly backed up, and walked out the room, not saying a word. Nick just stood there, not knowing what to say...or what to do.

"Hey, baby, do you wanna go---Deanna?" she walked past Kevin, not listening to what he said. Kevin turned to Christiana for an answer. "What is wrong with her?" "I don't know." She turned away from Kevin. "I really don't know." This was eating her up inside deeply. She didn't know what to do or say. "Chris, can you talk to her for me? Please?" "I don't know what good it'll do...but I will." Kevin walked up to her, and gave her a tight hug. "I really wanna know what's wrong with her..." As Kevin broke the embrace, he looked at Christiana deep in her eyes. "I--I'll be back..."

Nick walked out of the cellar, and met up with the others. "Nick, what did you do to Deanna?" Brian exclaimed. "What? I didn't do anything. I--" Nick noticed Deanna and Christiana talking to each other. "Guys, I'm gonna head home. I suddenly don't feel good." "Want me to drive you?" said AJ. "No, Goth. You might kill me." AJ chuckled. "Might?" Nick just shook his head, and walked out the door. As he was walking, he heard voices.

"But Chris, how am I gonna tell Nick that he's a father? I don't know how he'll react..."

"Say what now?" Nick had to get the cob webs out of his ears, because he wasn't sure of what he just heard. "Did I hear right? I'm a father? Why didn't she tell me?"

"Is this your first child?" "Yeah. First out of the box. What should I do?" Chris just shook her head, not knowing what to do. "I don't know, sis. This is something that you have to figure out for yourself." Deanna hung her head down. "Ok...I'll tell him first. I don't know about Kevin." "I'll handle the big guy. You just worry about Nick." Deanna got up and hugged her. "Thanks again, C." "Anytime. What are friends for?"

As Deanna was about to head out the door, she met up with Nick. "Why did you do it, Dee?" "Nick...what are you...you know. Don't you?" "You're damn right I know. How come you didn't come to me?" "Nick, it was easier said than done. I didn't know what to do, ok?" Nick looked up to the sky, then back at Deanna. "How far along are you?" "A month and two weeks." "Ok then. Look, I'll do everything that I can to help you, and to be there for you, alright?" Nick curled his finger around her chin, and softly kissed her. "Thank you, Nick...I love you." "And I, you." Nick embraced her, and kissed her neck. "Call Christiana, and tell her that you're going out. Ok?" Deanna smiled at him. "Ok..." And with that, Nick took Deanna to his car, got in, and drove off.

The afternoon turned into a gloomy night, and Chris was in her apartment, waiting for Kevin. As she heard the doorbell, she got up and went to the door. As she opened it, she saw him, even more handsome than before. At that moment, she wished that she wasn't with Howie. "Hey, C." "Hey Kevin..." As Christiana let Kevin in, they both sat down on the loveseat. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" "Well, it's about Deanna." "What about her? Is she alright?" "Well, you tell me when I tell you this..." Kevin sat back on the couch, looking at her with his emerald green eyes. Christiana bit her lower lip. "So...What is it?" "Kevin, there's no easier way to tell you this, but... Deanna's pregnant...with Nick's baby." She noticed fire in his eyes, as they burned through her very soul while he looked at her. Kevin got up, and walked to a wall, punching it. "That BASTARD!" Chris ran to him, to try and calm him down. "Kevin, please...relax..." Kevin turned to her, and placed his hands on her shoulders. "C.C., how the FUCK am I gonna calm down, when she's carrying that bitch's baby? How am I gonna cool off from that?!" Chris looked down at her feet, then looked back at Kevin. "Kev, I don't know. I just want you to calm down. I knew that you were gonna react like this, but believe me...after what she has told me...she really loves him." "She...she does?" "Yeah. I'm sorry to say that she loves Nick more than you. She told me that he practically begged for her forgiveness. I think that she found her true love, Kevin." Chris backed away from Kevin. He place his hand on his forehead, and sought a chair to sit in. "I always had a feeling that Deanna was so distant. Deanna didn't know what she wanted. I'm not gonna take her joy away." Chris walked up behind Kevin, and placed her hands on his shoulders. "It's gonna be alright. I know it will. I just hope that she knows what she's doing." Kevin looked up at her. "Believe me, C.C., she knows what she's doing. I've known her long enough to know." "Are you sure?" Kevin got up and walked over to Christiana. "I'm very sure. Trust me." Christiana and Kevin walked to the door, then looked at each other. "Well, at least you calmed down." "Yeah." He looked over at her wall. "Sorry about your wall," Kevin said with a chuckle. "That's ok, Kev. It's....nothing...." Kevin walked up to Christiana some more, and placed his hand against the door, her in the middle. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow...first thing..." "Yeah...first thing..." Kevin leaned in slowly, and his lips made contact with her own. As they were pressed together, Chris moaned against him. Instantly, the kiss deepened, and Chris wrapped her arms around Kevin's neck. Chris and Kevin both broke the kiss. "May--maybe we shouldn't be doing this..." Kevin began. "I don't think we should either..." Chris leaned in and passionately kissed him. He wrapped his strong, warm arms around her waist, bringing her closer. As Kevin broke the kiss, he picked her up, and lead her to the bedroom. "Kevin, what are you--" Kevin looked deep into her eyes, his dark brown hair dangling in his face. "Do you want to be the first passenger on the K-Train?" Chris bit her lip, and nodded her head slowly, and took his face in her hands. "You're not gonna make any stops?" "No. Just when we get to the Sweet Spot." When that was said, Kevin took her into the bedroom, and shut the door.

It was the next day, and everything seemed to be ok. Everyone knew that Nick and Deanna were going out, and that she was having his child. Deanna never knew the first thing about parenting, so she went to Howie's mother for help.

Deanna walked up to the doorstep of Madre Dorough (Mother Dorough) and rang the doorbell. As the door opened, she saw an elderly Hispanic woman stand before her. She knew for sure that it was Howie's mother. "May I help you, young one?" "Uh, hello. Your son sent me here, and--" "Look, tell my son that I don't have anymore Mush. He has to go and get it himself." Deanna chuckled. "No, I came here for advice. You see, I'm pregnant, and I don't know anything about being a mother. Howie said that you're a great expert when it comes to children. So, can you help me?" Mother Dorough took her in her home, and closed the door. As Deanna sat down, Mother Dorough gave her a cup of green tea. "Thank you, Paula." "Anytime, my dear. So, how far along are you?" "Over a month." "Congrats, sweetie. Now, remember what I told you: "Take care of your child as if it is your own life. Hang onto it, until it's time to. When the child is ready to fly, let it. Guide it. Nurture it. And above all, love it. Unconditionally." Deanna looked at Paula with amazement. "Wow, Mother Dorough. Thank you so much."

As Deanna said goodbye, she left the house, and headed for Nick's apartment. Nick was out on the porch waiting for her. As he saw her car pull up, he jumped up, and walked to the car. "So, what did she say?" "Everything. We just have to take it one day at a time. We have loads of time to plan out things for the baby." As Deanna got out the car, she was welcomed with open arms. "Deanna, I am so glad that you're in my life. Like I said before, I never meant to hurt you. Please forgive me." "Nick, would you stop with the sorry. I said that I forgive you. Isn't that enough?" "Then prove it to me." Deanna didn't understand. "What? I'm with you, aren't I? Isn't that enough?" Nick walked to her, and held her hands. "Deanna...I need you to prove to me that you are head over heels in love with me." "Nick, this is crazy. I AM in love with you. Why do I need more proof of that?" Nick took out a dark blue box, and got down on one knee. Deanna stepped back a little, and gasped. "Nick...what are you..." "Deanna...When I first saw you, there was something about you that I loved. I loved your smile, your grace...everything. No other woman can compare to you. Deanna...Will you marry me?" Deanna was in shock. She was dumbfounded. There, right in front of her, was Nick professing his love, and proposing marriage. "Well, Deanna? What do you say?" Deanna walked to him, and bent down to his level. "Nick...yes...Yes I will..." Nick looked at her with amazement. "Dee...you're serious? Y--You will?!" Deanna nodded her head crying. "Yes, I will...I love you, Nick..." Nick embraced her tightly. "I love you too, Deanna...more than you'll ever know."

some time later

The day has finally come. The day of Nick and Deanna's wedding. Deanna was in the dressing room, looking at herself in the big mirror. "Well, this is it...Today's the day." The door knocked, and Deanna was snapped out of her dream state. As she opened the door, she saw Christiana. "Hey, Deanna...you look so beautiful." Deanna looks at herself in her white lace/silk Vera Wang dress. "Yeah...it's a little much, but I love it. One day, I'll give it to my daughter..." She looks down at her stomach. "Or daughter-in-law, if it's a boy." Christiana walked to Deanna and hugged her tight. "Oh...I am so proud of you, Deanna...God...I never thought I would see the day that you would walk down the aisle...They grow up so fast..." Christiana fake-cried, as she placed a tissue to her eye. "Oh, you're gonna miss me, Momma?" Chris looked up at her, and punched Deanna in the arm. "Well, Dee, this is it, sweetheart." Deanna looked up at Chris, then thumbed her ring. "Chris? Can you let me know one thing?" "Anything." "Am I getting married...to the one I truly love?" Christiana placed her hand on Deanna's shoulder. "Yes, you are." Deanna smiled, and turned back to the mirror. "Well, I better go. See ya out there, sis." "Alright, C.C." Deanna took a deep breath after Chris left.

"My god, you look beautiful." Deanna turned around, and saw Kevin, standing before her, wearing a black and red suit. "Kevin...hey." "That's all you gotta say is hey? Where's the hug?" Deanna walked up to him, and hugged him. "Deanna, I..." "Don't say anything." "You're gorgeous." "Thank you." As Deanna looked away, Kevin placed his hands on her shoulders. "It should be me waiting for you at the aisle." Deanna turned to look at him. "I'm sorry that it isn't, Kevin." Kevin touched her face with his thumb. "I know. You don't have to be sorry. This is what you wanted. He's your one and only. I understand that." "Thank you, Kevin." Kevin was walking towards the door, but then turned around to face Deanna. "I just want to tell you one thing." "What is it?" "That I love you, and that if anything goes wrong..." Kevin walked up to her, and held her hands. "I will be there. I'll always be there for you." Deanna smiled at him. "I...I love you, Deanna." "Kevin..." He placed a finger to her lips. "Don't say anything..." Kevin leaned in, and gave her a soft kiss. As Kevin pulled away, he stepped back a little, turned around, and walked out the door, closing it behind him. "Well," began Deanna. "It's Now or Never."

Friends and family were at the pews, waiting for the wedding to begin. AJ and Brian stood by Nick at the front of the alter. "So, how do I look, guys?" "Nick," began A.J. "For the 99th time...you...look...FINE!" AJ's voice echoed throughout the whole church. Everyone looked at AJ like he was crazy. Well, frankly, he is. "What? Why is everybody lookin' at me like that?" AJ's girlfriend, Gracianne, walked to him, and lead him off the alter. "Come on, Bone. How about we sit down?" AJ looked down, walking away. "Man, I didn't do shit and shit. Now I'll miss the wedding, and I can't get no cake and pie and shit...Shit...this is not fair." Everyone at the pews were laughing. "God, he's stupid," Christiana exclaimed. "So, Frack," began Brian. "Are you ok? Are you ready for this moment?" Nick looked up at Brian, and smiled. "Yeah, Frick. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. A very long time." "IT'S ABOUT TIME!" Everyone turned to AJ. "What?"

'Once there was a time
Love was just a myth
It just wasn't foreign
Or it didn't exist
'Til the day you came into my life
And forced me to think twice
I didn't have too much
No, I wasn't rich
You made me believe someday
I'd be more than this
That's why until this day I'm still your man
'Cause you made me understand...
That 'Love Is'...
Kisses in a beanbag chair. The two of us with no one there...'

As the song called "Love Is" filled the church, Deanna came down the aisle, holding a bouquet of white and pink roses. Nick looked up and saw his future bride, gracefully coming to him. "My god..." Nick was speechless. He didn't know what to say. As she made it to Nick, they held hands, and he lifted her veil.

"Dearly beloved," began the priest. "We are gathered here today to have Nickolas Carter, and Deanna Jones in Holy Matrimony." Deanna and Nick were still holding hands, smiling at each other. Each giving glances of love. "Now, if there's anyone here that do not wish for these two to become wed, let them speak now, or forever hold their peace." Kevin looked up at Deanna, and smiled. "I love you..." was what he mouthed out to her. Deanna just smiled at him.

"Nickolas, do you take Deanna to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold until death do you part?" "Wait, Father," began Nick. "Death should never come to us. Nothing in this whole entire world can come and break us. Deanna, as you come into my world, I will always honor you, and cherish you, for as long as I live. I promise you that." Deanna looked at Nick with tears in her eyes. "Nick..." she said silently. "That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. I will do my best to please you, and to love you. I always want to be by your side, and to care for you...until our dying day...I love you." And with that, Nick placed the ring on her finger, whereas she did the same.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." Nick and Deanna were crying, holding each others hand tightly. "You may kiss the bride." Nick wrapped his arms around his new bride, and passionately kissed her. The pew section erupted with cheers and applause. Nick took her hand, and led her out the church at a darting pace. The crowd ran after them, throwing the usual rice, and flower pedals. Deanna threw the bouquet up in the air, and it landed in Christiana's hands. Chris looked around, and saw Howie stand by her. "Well," began Howie. "It's your turn." Howie grabbed her, and kissed her deeply.

At the end, the two newlyweds got in the limo and drove off. Now they await the next chapter of their lives.

'Waking up to see your face
Or kissing in the morning rain.
The only thing that keeps me sane
At the end of the day is that I Got You.'