- Text Size +
Story Notes:
NOTE: this was previously known as Change of Heart, but I changed the title for the sake of Halloween. :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is rated R for strong language and brief nudity.
"She's the one," stated a man in a black cloak. 4 other men walked to him, looking at a crystal ball being restrained by a Demon's claw. "Young...virtuous. Just right. Nighthawk, I need you to go down there, and bring her to us." One of the cloaked men unveiled himself. His eyes were a crystal ice blue, and his hair was of a dark blonde color. "Yes, Master." His hands were enclosed together as he walked away from the other clansmen. "Master?" asked a second member of the Dark Clan. "How much blood are you willing to spill for immortality?" The tallest member of the Clan walks to him, unveiling himself, his striking green eyes staring down at him. "As much as it takes. I crave to live forever, Blackwing. Do you want to live forever, and feed on blood every chance you get?" The short one held his head down, and said softly, "Yes, Master..." "Good. I have a special assignment for you..." "Does it involve murdering women?" "Are you questioning me, Blackwing?" "I just don't understand why you're doing this to our opposite gender..." The leader slapped him hard across the face. "You dare question me? Are you weakening before me? Are you?!" He held his face with both his hands. "This is our destiny, Blackwing. I cannot tolerate weakness...you know what we do to the weak when they cross our paths...don't you?" The short one's brown eyes twinkled, then dulled as he looked down at the dirt ground once again. "Forgive me, Sire. I shall question you no more..." The master pushed him away, and walked off, disappearing into the darkness. Blackwing looked to the sky, and saw nothing but utter darkness. He sits on the ground, wondering why he joined this clan of evil. He had to sacrifice his Roman Catholic faith for the trials of evil and murder. He hated the fact of taking ones life for blood. It wasn't him.

"Please, don't hurt me! I'll give you money...let go of me!" Two blonde men dragged in a young woman, scared for her life. She didn't put up much of a struggle, since she was then thrown to a parlor floor like garbage. Her long, red hair scattered over her face, her wrists were bruised by their mighty grips. While she was trying to crawl backward away from them, the two blondes picked her up again. "What are you going to do with me...?" Nighthawk walks slowly behind her, ripping her dress off, revealing her naked body. She quickly covered herself after she stood naked before them. "Please...I'll give you anything you want..." "Oh, believe me..." the tall Clansman walked druidly to her. "You have everything we want." Blackwing couldn't watch. He turned his head away, a pained look on his pale, mocha face. "Why aren't you lookin', Blackwing?" said a man walking to him, holding a wine glass full of blood. "I can't watch, Crow...I just can't...I want it to stop..." "Well, it can't just stop, B...this is who we are..." The man had a Gothic personality, wearing a black tank top, with black torn jeans. He had tattoos all over his arms, and he wore shades and braids. "I didn't think it would be like this..." "Well, get used to it, man...just sit back, and enjoy the ride..." Crow hands him a glass of blood for him to drink. "Chilled, just how you like it..." Blackwing took the glass, and twisted it in his hand. He stood up, and threw it against the wall, the mixture of broken glass and blood sated upon the pearl colored floor. Blackwing stormed out of the room, but was then stopped by the bloodcurdling screech of their victim. He slowly turned around, only to find her on the floor, lifeless. He looks up, and sees his master, Nighthawk, and Raven smiling with their fangs erect, her blood drenched on their faces. "Blackwing..." the Master said. "Come join us for the feast." He turned back, and held his head down, balling his hands into fists. "Blackwing, come to us, now!" "I'm not hungry..." he said in an ethereal voice, and walked off. Blackwing wiped a lone tear from his face, saddened at the fact of another dead woman stretched across the floor. He still couldn't understand it. All he ever wanted is to live forever, but he didn't want to like this. At this point, he would rather die than to sit around and listen to the screaming of women night after night.

There Blackwing sat, alone. He sits atop an abandoned building, his elbows rested on his thighs, his arms dangling downward. He was in deep thought. He didn't know what to do now. His head looks up towards the full moon, his long, brown hair flown with the cool, gentle breeze in the night sky. "Blackwing..." Blackwing turned, and got up, seeing his Master walking toward him. He didn't wear his usual ensemble this time; he wore a black long sleeved shirt, and black dress pants. His hair was not as long as Blackwing's, but it too flown with the wind. "A beautiful night, eh, wing?" "How could you say that? What possessed you to say that, huh?" "Why are you getting defensive, Dorough? This is what you wanted, am I right?" "I'm starting to go back on what I said, Kevin...I wanted to have immortality...but never like this...you know that...or are you blind by that little hope that you'll be God?" "Hey! I wanted power, and--" "That's just it! With you, it's always power, and for that, blood is on your hands, and I can't take this anymore!"

Kevin yanked him close to his chest."You listen to me, Dorough...you will abide by my rules, my regulations, and you will kneel before me...is that understood?" he pushes him back, making him stumble slightly. "Now...bow to your master...now!" He quickly gets on his knees, his hands to the floor, as is his face. "Please, forgive me, Sire..." Kevin throws a piece of paper by his hands, and walks off with only one thing to say, "Your assignment". As he looked up slowly, he sees that he has gone. He looks down, picking up the old piece of paper. He sits Indian style on the building floor, reading it. Upon reading it, he was disgusted at the contents of the assignment. He gets up, and looks up at the sky once more. "God, please forgive me...for I know not of what I am doing..."