- Text Size +
"My assignment was to go to Spain, find a woman, make her fall for me, and partake of her blood. All the other female victims that they hunted were not pure. Believe me, they can tell. I was to go and find a sweet, virgin girl for them to feast upon, but I can't do it. I refuse to be a pawn for murder again. I tire of waking up every day, hearing the shrieks of women being ravaged by the teeth of my enemies. I don't want to be a part of that life any longer. All I need is for someone, anyone, to show me the way to break these restraints around my heart, and free my soul...but they are not here. I don't deserve living like this forever. I'd rather die than to be something crazed, civilian mobs want to kill. I wish to be human again. Simple as that.

I arrive at Madrid, the pathways and streets are impregnated with people. Never have I seen so many people in one area before. I am able to walk the day, but my eyes are too sensitive to the sun, so I wear shades. The warm, summer breeze flows through my hair, and I close my eyes, taking it in. The rays of the sun wrapping me up in its warm, yellow blanket. So many people: tourists, families young and old, and children at play. I missed seeing scenes like this. For the majority of my life, I've been stuck in an old, abandoned warehouse called the Bloodrave. I hate that place. It's filled with the lost, murdered souls who are dying to be free, and with the people whom I thought were my allies. I want to believe that I will not return to that horrid place again, but since we're bound by blood, they'll always find me.

I took a cab to La Gavia, a world famous housing in Spain. I was to go there, and find a woman, but I would rather not. This country is peaceful, and I'm not in the mood to find anyone that's destined to die. It was said that La Gavia was haunted, but I don't sense anything evil in the building, though I haven't even gone in yet. The house was enormous, 1/3 of the population could live in it. It was white, and it had green and radish colored vines surrounding it. There was a gold dome that sat atop the building. I walked up the steps, and saw that one of the doors of La Gavia was open. Not knowing that people were in the home, I walked in, looking around. I took my shades off, and saw a glorious living room. In it were religious items as far as the eye can see. You would say that since I'm a vampire, I can't tolerate crosses, holy water, statues of the Virgin Mary and plaques of Jesus Christ, but that's not true. Since I was a Roman Catholic, and still am, they are items that hold a special place in my heart. I walk towards a little table next to a luxurious loveseat, and see a small statue of Jesus Christ. I picked it up, and smoothed it with my fingers. It was beautiful. As I put it down, I look around some more, amazed by all the sites I have missed seeing when I was a young one. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" I quickly turned around in fear, and ran out the door. Upon running out, and of fear of being chased, I tripped over a step, and came tumbling down, landing on my back...

"Sir...are you alright?" I awoke at the sound of a middle aged woman. I sat up slowly, but stopped, for I felt pain shoot through my entire body. I look around, and I find myself lying on the loveseat that I've seen before. "Sir?" I look back up at the woman, who was a bit on the heavy side with a blue flower dress and a sea green apron on. "Yes...I'm fine...I didn't know people lived here...I thought it was abandoned." "Well, it's not, you trespasser!" "Armando! silencio!" He stood down, looking down at me. "Please, forgive me. I'm new here. I'm from America, and--" "You don't have to say anything more, child...Mariela, bring our guest some apple tea." "No, please, you've done enough, honest." Just then, a young woman came into the living room holding a saucer with a wooden cup of tea and two cubes of sugar. I looked up at her, and was met with gorgeous light brown eyes. "Here is your tea, sir..." I take the saucer and cup from her dainty hands, and smiled at her. "Thank you, my dear," I said, before taking a sip. This caused her to blush, and run out the room. "Have I upset her?" "No, our daughter is very shy. Do you need anything more?" "No, I am fine for now...but thank you so much." As they walked out the door, I put the cup on the table, laid my head down on a pillow, and sighed happily, drifting off to sleep.

For the first time ever, I actually slept peacefully throughout the day, and by nightfall, I recuperated. My body was healed, and I felt rejuvenated by positive energy. I get up from the loveseat, and walked outside to the balcony of La Gavia. The moon was out. Oh, how I missed its magical luster. All of my nights staying in a dingy, blood-ridden building have been erased by this night, embraced by the light of the moon. I look out and see headlights passing by, and people heading home, or their usual destinations. Street lights of light orange to pure white were stretched out as far as the eye can see, illuminating the streets and sidewalks.

My arms folded over the balconyr17;s banister, as I continued to look on. I turn to the east side of the house, and see the young woman in her chambers, on her knees, saying her prayers. I looked away, but then my eyes drew back to her. Her hair was a shiny light brown, accented with auburn highlights. Her skin was a light to a medium mocha color, and it looked ever so perfect. She was not too short, and not too tall; she was just so. Her face was shaped like a heart, as was her plump light pink lips. She crosses herself, and gets up, putting her rosary back into her dresser drawer. She looked out her window, and sees me. We immediately make eye contact, until she adjusted her blinds. She is now a silhouette. Her body moved to a lamp, and switched it off. A smile creeps upon my face. Is it possible to find happiness from another or just simple solace? Maybe, but I know I am starting to enjoy seeing her day after day.