- Text Size +
"He fought it...he FUCKING FOUGHT IT!" Crow, Nighthawk, and Raven backed away from their master, who has been disappointed for the last time. His eyes were no longer that hue of sea green, but a strong saturation of blood red. "That's IT! If I cannot get that Dorough bastard to bring her to me...then I shall bring her here myself..." "We'll come with you, Master--" "NO! This is between me, and Dorough. No outside intrusions, got it?!" The brood bowed to their master, and slowly walked away. He turns back to the ball, takes it, and smashes it to the ground. "You will rue the day you crossed paths with me, Howard...oh....mark my words...you WILL rue this day..."

I am in a cab, going to the airport. I've decided to go home to Orlando, and stay with my family. I have no money to tide me over. Look at me, a 28 year old man living off his elders.

I have no other choice but to do so. I lay my head on the seat, turning my head sideways. A radio program was interrupted, for there was a special news bulletin. "There has been a kidnapping in the suburb of La Gavia. An 17 year old woman named Mariela Gonzales was taken from her home around midnight tonight. Police have been searching, but has come up with nothing. We will keep you posted on any updates we have." My body sat straight up. "Driver, turn around!" The driver stopped instantly, and swerved around, heading back to La Gavia. It wasn't long until I arrived back to my second home. I got out of the cab, and told him to wait for me. Lety and Armando were on the stoop holding each other. "Howie!" shouted Lety, with a mixed tone of happiness and sadness. She rushed towards me, and gave me the biggest and warmest embraces I have ever received.

"M'ija...she's gone!" she lets me go, but she holds both the sides of my arms. "You are our only hope now...you have to find her, and bring her back home!" I look down at the dirt ground, biting my lower lip. "I'll try to find her...I can't promise anything." "Please, Seņor Dorough..." Armando came down the steps. I can tell that his body is very weak, because he nearly dragged his heavy body to me. "Please, find my daughter...I cannot trust anyone else...the Police can't do anything. They don't care that one of our kind is missing...they never do...so please..." he takes out a picture of Mariela when she was very young, about 6. "Find her...before it's too late..." I take the photo, and almost instantly, the voice of the priest rings through my mind. "...you cannot run away from your troubles. You must go to them, and fight against them." I couldn't tear away from the photo. I couldn't let the people that took me in as their own child down. I refuse to do that. I finally look up at Lety, then at Armando. "I will find her. Put all of your faith in me." "We always have, my child...we always have..." Lety takes me in yet another embrace, kissing both of my cheeks. She lightly pushes me back. "Go...go find her..."

"Where...where am I...?" I wake up to a dark and foul dungeon like room. I'm chained to a dingy, moss ridden gray brick wall. My body, weak, my head, spinning. I look around me, and I see skeletons, bones and skulls. I was disgusted at the sight. How did I get here? All I can remember is lying on my bed, and the next thing I knew, everything went horribly black. I'm scared for my life now...I have to prepare myself to die.

I hear footsteps in the distance. They become louder, my heart skipping beats. The door of my chamber opens, and I look up, seeing three big men standing there wearing black cloaks. They unveiled themselves: two of them had blonde hair and blue eyes, and the other with long, dark hair, and dark green eyes.

I remembered him, and only him. "What do you want with me?" I struggled to say, for I was so weak. The tall one walks up to me, and holds my face in his hands, our eyes meeting. "Your sweet blood, my dear. You see, we need you in order for us to become immortal, and conquer the world. Your blood will make us whole. And not only that..." He leans into me. "I want you to be my virgin queen..." As he was about to kiss my lips, I spit in his face. This caused retaliation, by punching me in my stomach. My upper body hanging from the wall. "Take her down, and bring her to the orchard. It's time." he wipes the saliva from his cheek, and gives me a cold stare. The two blondes take me down, and drag my limp and newly unconscious body away to another location. "Please, God..." my thoughts echo in my mind. "Help me...please..."

My body jerked, for I thought I heard Mariela's voice ringing in my head. "Help me...I'm so scared...Howie..." She's in dire trouble. I can feel it. I have to keep searching for her. I can't stop. I won't stop. She's the only thing I have left that's absolutely right to me, and I cannot let her slip away...not again.