- Text Size +
I slowly get up, and stumble a little, which caused Sangre to turn around. "Still won't stay down, huh?" Upon approaching him, slowly, he fires another green ball to my chest. I collapse on one knee, holding my chest tight. In pain, I look up. "Have...have you no heart, Kevin? Have you no soul? Have you no knowledge of what you do?" "I have intelligence...but as for a soul and a heart..." he raises up his hand, a red, glowing ball of energy eluding from his hand. "I have none." The orb enveloped me, and it felt as if everything in my body was collapsing into itself. My bones were being squeezed, nearly breaking. I am being suffocated, destroyed by this man of evil power. I have truly lost. My peripheral vision sought Mariela laid out on the floor, lifeless it seemed. I drop to the ground. "You...what did you do to her?" "You don't have to worry about your little whore anymore, Dorough..." Another orb eludes from his hands, bigger than before. "Because you won't be around to see to her...watch out for her...and love her..."

A white flash of light came from the sky in an instant. It separates Howard and Sangre, but pushes him against the wall. "You dare touch my Anointed?" asked the Light, getting brighter. "What are you? I have unfinished business to tend to!!" "Your reign on Earth has expired, evil being. You are to be banished from here, and cast down to Hell." "NO! Leave me! Go back to your Pedestal!" Sangre was then levitated from the ground, and the Light went within him. "No...NO! PLEASE!!!" Suddenly, the Light entered Howard, and it too lifted him up. His feet were together, his hands halfway lifted. He was in the stance of an angel. "No more bloodshed..." his hands released a powerful white orb, crushing Sangre's chest. "No more pain..." another powerful orb rams through his chest, a bellow coming from deep within the Vampire Lord. "No...More...NO MORE!!!" His hands, all of a sudden, became elongated, white blades, slicing a cross on his chest.

With one last bellow, and a bigger flash of the bright, white light, Sangre, the Vampire Lord, was destroyed. For good.

Epilogue

The sun crept over the vast, plush green field where the Bloodrave used to be. I feel the sting of the sun's warm rays on my skin...my mocha skin.

I slowly open my eyes, and looked to the left of me. I see Mariela, Brian and Nick on the ground, still unconscious. I sit up and look at my hands, and all around me.

The Bloodrave was gone. The infirmary for murder is now gone.

Back to Hell where it belonged.

"Howie...?" I quickly turn around, and see Mariela sitting up, holding her head. I run to her, and hold her close to me. "Mariela...are you alright?" She touches my face, and smiles. "You...you are saved..." "What?" "I saw everything...God saved you. He went into you, and He helped you destroy him..."

God? Saved me?

"She's right..." I look up, and see Brian walking toward me. "You're alive!" "He revived me, and He has taken away our curse, and gave us our souls back." "You mean...?" "We're no longer in the clutches of Sangre, the Vampire Lord...we are free. We are no long Night Walkers."

We are no longer Vampires. It was the best news I have heard ever in life. But truthfully, after everything blew over, and my life has changed, the best news I have heard in a long time...I was told to be married to Mariela Gonzales. Yes, you heard correctly. Mariela and I will soon be esposo y esposa, husband and wife. She is the true jewel in my life, right next to my Lord, Jesus Christ. She is someone that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life, and until my dying day. Exchanging our wedding vows never sounded to good to me. Our love for one another, purified in the eyes of our Lord, and in His house. We are now joined together, not by blood, oh, no. By our souls, intertwined by His faithful hands.


Never have I been so happy in all my life. Never have I have been so glorified by Him in all of my life. I can truly live again. I can truly be a devout Roman Catholic again, and most of all, I can truly be human again.