- Text Size +
“Let’s bring out our first guest, shall we?” I asked the audience and received excited cheers, in response. Looking down at my cards, I looked at the first name. “Let’s welcome Brandon Bair, to the stage!” I swept my arm, through the air, toward the door on the left of the stage. The short, black haired, man strolled onto the stage, waving.

“Hi, Nick.” He smiled widely, as he took a seat in the chair. So far, it was the only chair on the stage.

“Hello. So tell us, you have a secret that you have been hiding from your wife, correct?” I questioned, with a raised eyebrow. I already knew the answer, to this, but this was a show. I had a part to play, too, you know…it’s not just the crew that has a job to do. That organized symphony, of chaos, surrounded around me and I was almost like the soloist. I played an instrument, like everyone else, I just happened to get the spotlight.

“OOOOOOOOO!!!” The crowd chimed, behind me.

“Yes, Nick, I do.” The man became a bit timid, fiddling with his hands. “I’m…I’m really a woman, Nick.” I widened my eyes, looking out at the crowd that was gasping.

“You’re a woman?” I asked, in order to make him…her…clarify. It was the usual routine…always ask a question to make the person restate, what they just said.

“Yes, Nick. I am a woman and my wife doesn’t know.”

“Okay, so how have you been able to keep this secret?” I walked through the crowd, as I spoke to my guest.

“Well, we only have sex at night, in the dark and I never undress, in front of her.”

“Hmm. How long have you been married?” My questions roll, off my tongue, without a problem. We’ve had guests, and episodes, like this before, that’s why Al blew it off as the same old shit.

“It’s been almost three years.” The crowd gasped. I walked up beside a younger woman, who had her hand raised.

“You have a question, sweetheart?” I smirk at her, holding out the microphone.

“Um yeah, what is your real name, and have you ever considered having a sex reassignment surgery?” Her voice made me smile. Hmmm…I might have security keep her, after the show. I shook the thought from my head, winked at her, and turned my attention back to the guest.

“I was born Brandy Marie,” the guest answered. “I have thought about getting the surgery, but I have never been able to afford it.”

“Why do you want to tell your wife, now?” I asked, trying to move the show along, so that everything would get fit in.

“We’ve been talking about starting a family, and since I am not really a man…we can’t exactly do that. I asked her about adopting but she really wants her own. We’ve been fighting like crazy, all the time and I am just sick of it. I want to come clean.”

“Alright…let’s send you backstage and we’ll bring out your wife!” I smiled, as my guest stood and left the stage. After the stage was cleared, I spoke again “Let’s bring out Brandon’s wife, Melissa. Melissa! Come on out!” I waved my hand towards the door on the opposite side of the stage, as I stepped up the stairs. I greeted the woman as she hugged me. “So, Melissa, do you know why you are here today?” I asked, sitting in the chair, next to her, and crossing my legs.

“Um…I was told that my husband has a secret.” She answered, looking out over the crowd. Her hands rested in her lap, and I could tell her nerves were a little high.

“Do you have any idea, what it is, Melissa?”

“Not a clue.”

“Well, we’re going to bring him out…right after this short break!” I smiled into the camera.

“Aaaaand we’re clear!” Kevin shouted. Suddenly, I was rushed, by the same people as before. They touched up my make up, fixed my hair and straightened my clothes. I walked to the side of the stage, where Al was waiting.

“Nice, Carter.”

“Thanks, Al. Same old shit.” I shrugged, bumping knuckles with the shorter, older man. He handed me fresh cue cards and went right into his little babble.

“Alright…your thought…”

“Um…be true to yourself?” I question, referring to my guests all lying about their gender and keeping secrets.

“Good…work with that. The immi still didn’t show, we’re skipping over, so draw for time.” Al instructed, wiping something off my shoulder.

“Got it.” I nodded my head, as I heard Kevin shout for positions.

“You got it kid…ready…” Al started, anticipating the next voice.

“In…3…2…1…” Kevin counted off, before pointing at me, for my cue.

“Welcome back, to the Nick Carter Show!” I flashed my signature and walked back up, onto the stage. “Before the break, we were talking to this lovely lady. Melissa…are you ready to find out your husband’s big secret?” I sat back down next to her, in the seat that would soon occupy her ‘husband’.

“I don’t know…I’m so nervous!” Her eyes widened, for added effect. You know…we try not to stage these shows, but people know the Nick Cater Show and they know what happens on it. So…when they come on the show, they automatically fall into the parts.

“Well, I guess it’s time to bring him on out. Brandon!” I shouted, standing up and walking back into the audience. “Come on out!” I yelled, again, pointing my finger to the door. Brandon walked out on the stage and the crowd booed.

“Alright…alright…let’s calm down!” I motioned for the crowd to settle down and, like usual, they obeyed. “Brandon, are you ready to reveal your secret, to your wife?” I asked, standing towards the back, of the audience.

“Yeah…” taking a deep breath, my guest nodded, “I think I am.”

“Okay, then, go ahead.” I nodded, giving ‘him’ the cue, to continue.

“Lissa, baby…you know I love you, with everything in me, but, I haven’t been completely honest with you.” Turning towards each other, they stared, Melissa waiting for the reveal.

“What is it?”

“I…I’m really…a woman. I was born Brandy Marie.” The secret was out and the shock was evident on Melissa’s face. I rubbed my chin, waiting for the response. She stood up, slapping her ‘husband’ across the face.

“HOW DARE YOU LIE TO ME, LIKE THAT?!?” She screamed, both of them now standing.

“Baby…”

“Don’t you ‘baby’ me!” She shoved the other woman, who shoved back. I smirked as the cat fight began. “Are you serious? How did you hide this from me?”

“We’ve always had sex in the dark…I just used a strap on.” Melissa’s jaw hit the floor, and she lunged at Brandy, ripping her shirt and revealing the woman’s breasts. It was beyond me, how people could hide this sort of thing, but hey…it made for a damn good show!

“Ni…ick! Ni…ick! Ni…ick!” The audience chanted my name, as the fight, on stage, progressed.

“Alright…alright…sit down!” I ordered the guests. Like usual, they didn’t listen. It’s funny how the audience always listens, but the guests never due…then again, that’s what makes the show so interesting! A chair flew across the stage, landing with a thud. Brian and other security members rushed onto the stage, in their ‘Nick Carter Show’ shirts that had their names across the back. Brian and Jake restrained Melissa as Q and Bubba restrained Brandy.

“You BITCH!” Melissa struggled against Brian and Jake, her shirt and pants now torn some, too.

“You’re the whore! You cheated on me!” Brandy screamed, kicking the security.

“You’re a fucking WOMAN, so it doesn’t count!” The security was now sitting the two women down, on opposite sides of the stage.

“We’ll continue talking with Brandy and Melissa…after the break.” I grinned at the camera.

“Ni…ick! Ni…ick! Ni…ick!” The crowd’s chanting revived, loudly.

“Aaaaand we’re clear!” I let out a huffed sigh, as Kevin called us clear.

“Alright, everyone calm down and sit down!” I ordered, walking up the steps, onto the stage. Everyone listened, this time, and sat down. The studio was filled with hushed talking, as I made my way over to Al.

“Good draw.” He smirked, giving me a nod. I looked, at him, waiting for him to start his ramble. The small crowd surrounded me again, fixing me up, as Al continued. “Alright. Wrap it and move.” He handed my fresh cues, and I quickly looked them over.

“Lying never gets you ahead…be true to yourself, and those who really love you, will accept it?” I offered, looking to Al for confirmation.

“Not bad, Carter. Not bad. Ready…” He gave me a light push, and I walked onto the stage, standing in the middle.

“In…3…2…1!” Kevin called out, motioning my cue, again.

“Welcome back!” I grinned. “Let’s welcome out our next guest, Roberto Lopez! Come on out here, Roberto!” The man came out and took a seat. “So…tell us your story, Roberto.”

“Well…I have been keeping a secret, from my wife. I was really born a woman, but I’ve had a gender reassignment surgery.” This guest seemed more open, than the last.

“Well…well…well…” I walked through the crowd, “you were born a woman? Why are you coming out with this, now?”

“Yes, I was and…I just…I feel bad for hiding it from her…and I want her to know the truth.” I nodded, as I made my way over to a guy that had his hand raised.

“Yes? You have a question?” I asked, motioning for him to stand.

“Yeah…since your dick is from a surgery…can you nut?” He asked, tilting his head, causing the audience to snicker.. I pursed my lips; trying not to bust out laughing…didn’t HE have a way with words?!?

“No…I do not produce sperm,” came a simple answer, as the guy sat back down.

“Okay, Roberto…we’re going to send you backstage and bring out your wife.” I watched the guest stand and leave, before shouting for the other guest to enter. Looking down, at the card in my hand, I call out, “Come on, and let’s welcome Erika Lopez!” I walked up, to greet the woman, and took a seat next to her. “So, Erika, my dear…why are you here today?” I smirked at her and then at the camera.

“I have a secret, Nick.” She replied, causing the audience to gasp.

“What is your secret, Erika?” I ask her, softly. I cross one leg, over the other, and look at her closely.

“Well…for almost the entire 8 years we’ve been married…I’ve been cheating on my husband.” She let out a long sigh, looking at me, through the corner of her eye.

“Erika, hun, you’ve been cheating? Is that all?” I ask, glancing at the cue card, in my hand. The audience gasped, again.

“Yes…for about 7 years. And, no, Nick…we have three daughters and…I’m not sure if they are his.” She blushed.

“Ooooooooh!” The audience responded, as if they had rehearsed.

“Shall we bring your husband back out here? Are you ready to reveal, to him, your secret, Erika?” I asked, standing to my feet. I ran a hand through my hair, as I looked to her.

“Yes, Nick…I’m ready.” She nodded, hesitantly.

“Okay, then…Roberto…why don’t you come on, back, out here!” I stepped, off the stage and, back, into the audience. They all stood up and chanted, as Roberto re-entered. After everyone was sitting down, I continued on. “So…both of you have a secret. Erika, let’s start with you.” I sat down, in the front row. Crossing one leg, over the other, I let one arm drape over my chest, microphone in hand, and propped my other elbow on top of it, letting my chin rest in my hand.

“Roberto…” she fiddled with her hands, staring at the floor. “I have been cheating on you, for most of our marriage and…I’m not sure if the girls are yours.” She let out a deep, shaky breath, carefully looking up to Roberto.

“I know…” Roberto drew in a deep breath, himself. “I know this because…I was born a woman. My penis is from a gender reassignment surgery and I am unable to have children.” Silence filled the stage, as the audience looked on, in anticipation.

“I have a little surprise, myself.” I speak up, not moving. “We have a special guest here, today…well…sort of. Let’s bring to the stage, Erika’s lover…” I drew in a breath, raising my voice, “…AND the show’s producer…Kevin Richardson!!!” I smile widely, standing up and holding out my hand, directing everyone’s attention, to Kevin, as he makes his was onto the set.

“Ni…ick! Ni…ick! Ni…ick!” The audience went nuts! I watched on as a fight broke out, immediately. I had been, a bit, shocked myself, when I heard about this part. I would have never expected Kevin to agree to this! Evidently, he wanted to do it, because he loved Erika, and wanted her to himself. I guess this was supposed to prove that, or something.

“You asshole!” Roberto screamed, as the audience continued to chant, and the security rushed to the stage. Kevin and Roberto were in a full out brawl, rolling on the floor. Punches were flying in every direction, as Erika stood crying.

“Ni…ick! Ni…ick! Ni…ick!” The chants got louder, and more enthused, as the two of them continued trying to beat on each other. Brian and Q were holding onto Kevin’s arms as Jake held Roberto, by the waist, with Bubba standing between them all.

“We’re going to take a quick break. When we get back, we will reveal the results of a paternity test, for Erika’s children. Don’t go anywhere!” I raised my brows, not knowing who the heck was gonna clear us.

“Alright! We’re cleared!” Al screamed, from the side of the stage. “Break it up, now! We’re on commercial, people…save it for the cameras! Come on back, smooth talker.” He nodded me, towards him. I quickly sprinted up the steps, as security and stage crews worked on getting things re-set, for after the break.

“What a show!” I snickered, walking up to Al.

“Yeah…not bad for having a no-show, on the bill. Alright, we’re cutting close, now. You’re gonna read and limit then go straight to the step thought…that’s when Kev is gonna pop it, you’ll shoot the look.”

“N.P.” I grinned, bumping knuckles with Brian and Q, as they walked by. I looked out, to see Kevin, on the stage, sitting with the other guests. His legs and arms were crossed, a serious look, on his face. Al handed me two big manila envelopes and I got into position, as he called it.

“We’re back in...3…2…1…” Al pointed at me.

“Hey, we’re back!” I smiled, turning to the guests. “I have the results, Erika…are you ready?”

“Yes, Nick.” She nodded. We, all, already knew that Roberto couldn’t be the father, but…was Kevin the real father, or was there someone else? I opened the seal, on the first envelope, pulling out the papers.

“On all three children…Roberto Lopez…there is a 99.9% chance you are…NOT the father.” He just nodded, as I tossed the envelope, to the floor, in front of me. I set to work on the other envelope, and pulled out its contents. “In the case of all three children…Kevin Richardson…there is a 99.9% chance you…ARE the father.”

“Ni…ick! Ni…ick! Ni…ick!” The audience was to its feet, chanting, and shaking their fists. Another fight broke out on stage, as I sat on the step.

“Today’s thought…remember to always be true to who you are. Those who truly love you, will always stick by you. Take care and…”

“ERIKA…WILL YOU MARRY ME???” Kevin’s screaming voice boomed, over everything. I turned, to look, behind me. Erika stood frozen. “Divorce him…her…it…whatever…and marry me! Please!”

“Yes, Kevin!” tears trickled down her cheeks, as I turned back to the camera.

“…we’ll see you next time on…The Nick Carter Show!”