- Text Size +
"Mommy! Mommy!" shouted little Cassie, jumping up and down on Nick and Deanna’s bed. "Come on! We gotta go to da zoo!! DA ZOO!" Deanna was the first to wake up, while Nick was still enjoying the fine life of slumber. Cassie crawled on top of him, and shook him. "Psst…Daddy…Daaaaddddy…." He was still sleep. It seemed like nothing was going to wake him up, until… "DADDY!!!" Nick sprung up, and looked around. "WHAT IS IT!? Is there something wrong?!"

Deanna and Cassie laughed at his actions, and tried to calm him down. "No, baby, Cassie wanted you to wake up. It’s past 11." "For real?" Nick looks at his alarm clock, and groans. "Damn…" Cassie gasps, covering her mouth with both hands. "Daddy…bad langee!" Nick picked her up, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You are so adorable, you know that? Daddy’s sawwy, Baby Girl," said Nick in a baby voice. "Daddy, I i’ 3 year old. I not a baby no mo’." said Cassie, smiling big.

Nick laughs, still holding her. "And that you are. So, you’re too old to go to the zoo today?" "NO!" Cassie said, and laughs hugging him tight. "I wanna see da pandas…" Deanna gets up, and walks to the bathroom, getting ready. Nick gets up, still holding Cassie. "Alright, alright…let’s go." "YAY!" Nick, Deanna and Cassie were walking down the sidewalk, heading to the car. "Come on! Slowpokes…" Nick and Deanna look at each other, smiling, then held hands.

"Have I ever told you lately that I love you?" "Yes, you do…" said Deanna, leaning in. "More and more each day…" Nick and Deanna shared a tender kiss in the middle of the driveway. Cassie was growing more and more impatient. "COME ON!" she shouted, jumping up and down. "WE GOTTA GO!" Nick and Deanna looked down, and walked to the car, both holding Cassie’s little hands. Deanna placed little Cassie in her booster seat, and got in sitting by Nick in the front seat. "Can we sing "99 Bobbles"? "She is so adorable…I’m glad we created her…" "So am I…"

Deanna smiled at him, then turned to her daughter. "We sure can, honey. You start it—" "99 bobbles ob pop on da wall. 99 bobbles ob pop…" Deanna and Nick joined in. They continued to sing the song all the way to the zoo. Nick, Deanna and little Cassie were at the zoo, looking around, seeing the incredible animals. Cassie was on Nick’s back, eating a strawberry ice cream cone.

"Wanna see the pandas?" "YES!" Nick puts Cassie down, and she runs to the lion, making faces. The lion looked at her as if she was insane. She pretended to roar, much to her parents’ awe. They were proud to create something so beautiful, and so wonderful. After staying at the zoo for at least a few hours, the Carter family walked back to the parking lot, getting in the car. Nick strapped Cassie in the backseat.

"Nick, I can’t drive back…my feet are killing me. Can you drive?" Nick smiled, kissing her on the cheek. "Alright, babe. Ready to go home, honey kitten? ""You bet!" Nick, Deanna and Cassie arrived home. Nick took Cassie up to her room, sleeping in his arms. Deanna sat down, and placed the back of her head on the couch. As she sighed, the phone rang.

"Hello?" "Hey, Dee? It’s Chrissie.""Hey, girl! What’s up?" "Nothing much, I was wondering if you’re up for a little get together tomorrow night?" "I have to see if someone’s free to watch Cassie. I’ll call to let you know. How’s Howie?" "Uh…Howie?" "Yeah…you’re fiancée?"
"Oh! He’s fine, I guess." "You guess? Chrissie, what’s going on?" "I’ll talk to you later." After that was said, Chrissie hung up.

Deanna felt that something wasn’t right, so she decided to go over her house. "Nicky? I’m going over to Chrissie’s house, ok?" "Alright, baby! Be careful!" Deanna grabbed her car keys, and walked out the door, getting in her car, driving to her apartment. Chrissie walks out of the kitchen with a can of whipped cream and a bowl of strawberries. "There, all set." "Is everything prepared, babe?" "Yeah!" she shouted back. As Chrissie lit the red candles on the table, the doorbell rang. "Goddamnit…" She wrapped up her robe, and rushed to the door.

Upon opening it, she saw Deanna standing there, much to her surprise. "Deanna, what are you doing here?" Deanna’s eyebrow rose in suspicion. "Um…I came by to see my best friend in the world. Why did you hang up on me like that?" "Dee, we can talk about this later. Right now, I’m kinda in a middle of something…" "Oh…OH! Hey…you were about to get your freak on with Howie, right?" "Uh…yeah…now you have to go."

"Chrissie, what’s going on in there?" As Deanna was moving back to the door, someone came out of the bathroom with a towel around their waist, wet from the head down, and it wasn’t Howie.

Deanna stood there with her mouth open, looking at Chrissie, and back at Kevin. "Chrissie…what the hell is going on?" "Maybe I should go…" said Kevin, starting to walk to the bedroom. "No. You stay. Deanna, don’t you dare tell a soul about me and Kevin." "Chrissie, how could you do this to Howie? He hasn’t done a thing wrong to you, and you cheat on him?"

"Dee, it’s complicated to explain, alright? Please, just don’t te—""Dorough has the absolute right to know about what you’ve done…I can’t believe you…"

Deanna storms out the house, and slams the door. Chrissie stays where she is, looking down at the carpeted floor. She didn’t want it to come to this. She didn’t want anyone to find out…not even her best friend. "Don’t worry, Chrissie…Deanna won’t rat you out. You’re her best friend, and she would never do that." "I hope not, Kevin…" Chrissie stated. "I certainly hope not…"