- Text Size +
"And Kevin came out?" "Yeah…I can’t believe her! Why would she hurt Howie like that?" Nick sits on the couch next to Deanna, rubbing his temples. "I don’t know…I mean, he surely moved on quick after he found out about you and I." Deanna got up, and walked to the phone. Nick looks over at her, and gets up as well.

"Deanna, what are you doing?" "I’m calling Howie…he deserves to know abou—"Nick takes the phone from her hand, and sits it back in its holster. "Nick, why did you do that?" "Deanna, it’s much better for Howie to find out, than for someone to actually tell him the news. Just let everything take course, ok?"

Nick was right. She didn’t want to start anything on Chrissie’s behalf. "I’m gonna head for bed, baby. You comin’?" Nick walks to her, and kisses her lips. "You bet I am…it’s been a long day…" Nick takes Deanna’s hand, and walk up the stairs together.

It was a cool, sunny, Saturday afternoon. Deanna and Nick arrived at Howie’s club, Sudden Erotica. Howie and Christiana were behind the counter, doing paperwork. As Howie walked away from the counter, he’s met by the couple. "Hey, guys!" Howie exclaimed. Chrissie looks up, and sees them talking to Howie…her stomach churning. "Oh God…" she thought. "Please…PLEASE don’t say a word…" The gang walked to the bar, and sat on the stools, chatting away.

"So, Howie, why are we here?" "To see nekkid babes, right?" Everyone turned to see AJ standing by the doorway, shades tilted to his nose. "No, Alex…I just wanted to have a little get together with my closest friends. How long has it been, exactly?" "Going on 4 years, I think," stated Deanna, taking a sip of her Bloody Mary. "Man…long time, eh? How’s married life?" "Perfect, as always…" said Nick, holding Deanna’s hand, kissing it.

As Deanna blushed to a near crimson red, she noticed that AJ wasn’t alone. "BRIAN! BRING YOUR ASS!" "Boy, don’t yell at me! Damn…" Just then, a man walked into the club, and walked over to everyone. "Brian, what’s up, man?" Nick and Brian exchanged high fives, hugging. Deanna had gotten a closer look at him.

He stood at least 5’7, and he wore a black t-shirt and blue jeans. His hair was blonde, and somewhat curly. He had a beard that was visible, but went perfectly with his thin, yet slightly puckered lips. He also had on a silver cross necklace that glistened with the hanging chandelier of the club. Secretly, she examines this stranger. Though he was one of Nick’s closest friends, she had never been introduced to him. She bit her lower lip while he was walking towards her, sitting next to her.

"I don’t think we’ve met. What’s your name?" "It’s…it’s Deanna…" Brian smiled at her, seeing her shyness. "I like that name. You’re a lucky man, Nicky Boy." Nick just looks at him. "Don’t call me Nicky Boy…please." Deanna takes another swig of her drink, looking at Brian. "God, he’s delicious looking…" she thought. She once again bit her lip, trying to look away…and can’t.

Nick noticed this. "Babe. Babe?" She still looked at him, intrigued by his physique and good looks. "DEE!" Deanna jumps in her seat, quickly turning to Nick. "Huh?" Nick saw that she was in a daze, but brushed it off. He walks to her, and wrapped his arm around her, whispering in her ear. "What do you say we get out of here…I feel like playing a game…"

Deanna turns to him, and weakly smiled. "As much as I want to, I’m not really in the mood for it…maybe later." Nick drew back slightly, looking at her oddly. "Um…ok…I’m gonna go…" Nick gets up, and walks out the club, absentmindedly leaving her.

"Nick, come back!"

Nick stopped, looked back at her from shoulder view, and continued to walk out, getting in his Durango, driving off.

"What the hell?" Christiana walked to Deanna, and placed her hands on her shoulders. "Maybe he didn’t feel too good." "Maybe you should mind your own business," Deanna snapped back. "Deanna…" she leaned down to her knees, away from Howie’s hearing range.

"Please, don’t be like this. Forget what you saw last night, and—""How in the Hell am I gonna forget? You’re a heartbreaker!" Howie, AJ, and Brian turned around, looking at the two. Christiana swallowed, looking at her supposed fiancée. "Tell him." Deanna mouthed to her. AJ and Brian looked at each other, wondering what they missed. Deanna walked to the door with Brian following her.

"Um, are you alright?" She turned to him, and was met by his lustrous sky blue eyes. "I’m fine…it’s just…I’m fine…" "It’s alright, you don’t have to talk about it. Listen, do you want me to drive you home?" "Could you?" Brian smiled at her and walked out of the club, getting in his car. She gets in, sitting next to him, rubbing the interior of the car. "Nice ride, Rok." He turns to her, leaning in a little. "Please…call me Brian." Deanna blushed, hoping that he didn’t see. Brian started the car, and drove to her house.

As Brian parked the car in the driveway, he looks at her. "So, how long have you been married to Nick?" "A little over 3 years…three happy ones…heh…" She didn’t know why she turned into a ditzy school girl right in front of him. She felt totally embarrassed. Deanna and Brian walked to the door. They turned to look at each other. "Thanks for driving me home." "Now, you go and talk to Nick. He’s usually not like this at all…" "You’re right. I will. Thanks again."

Deanna turned to the door, and unlocked it, walking in. Upon entering, she saw Nick sitting on the couch, watching TV in thinking mode. "Hey, baby…" she said, walking to him, sitting down. "Hey." He said in a near cold tone. "Ok…" she takes the remote from him. This caused him to look at her face.

"What is wrong? Why are you giving me the cold shoulder, and not only that….why did you walk out on me at the club?" Nick sighs, and says, "I have a lot on my mind, that’s all." "A lot on your mind, huh? Bullshit. You ditched me like I’m some sort of ho or something. I didn’t deserve that shit, Nickolas. Now tell me..." she gets closer in his face. "What’s...wrong?"

Nick gets up, and walks to the window, placing his hand on the glass. "Why did you turn me down? You never did that..." "We have sex every night. Can’t we just give it a rest for a while?" "No, Dee, I don’t wanna give it a rest. Come on..." Nick walks to her, and grasps the sides of her arms. "You know you want to..." he said in a deep, sexual voice with a hint of longing.

"Nick...please..." "Please what..." He leans down, and nibbles her earlobe, then buries his face into her neck. "Nick, stop." she said sternly. He quickly springs back up, looking into her eyes. "Deanna, what the fuck?" he said, with slight anger in his voice. "Didn’t I say I don’t want to? Are you that hard of hearing?"

Nick presses her against the wall, his gaze beginning to become very serious. "Maybe I am...maybe what you’re saying to me is going in one ear and out the other...Come on, Deanna...I know you want it..." Deanna pushes him away, looking at him in disgust. "Is that why you married me? Just to get your rocks off at every chance you get?"

Nick just stood there, looking down at the ground. "You know that’s not true...I married you because I love you...it’s just that we need to–" "Slow down on sex. And I agree. I’m going out." "Deanna, that’s not what I– Deanna!" "I'm ending this conversation, Nick...don't wait up on me." Deanna slams the door after walking out. "Damn it!"

"How long has this been going on?!" shouted Howie from his office, talking to Christiana. She had just broke the news to him about her adulterous affair with Kevin, and Howie was, of course, not pleased.

"I said..." he grabbed her arm, pulling her to him. "How long?!" "Three years..." she said in a whisper. "What was that?" "We had a three year affair, alright?! I’m sorry Howi—" Howie pushed her away, and turned his back to her. "I can’t believe you did this to me, Christiana...what have I done to deserve this shit?" As Christiana was about to place her hand on his shoulder, he snatches away from her. "Don’t you dare touch me, you...you whore!"

Christiana just stood there in shock. Howard Dorough, the one person that loved her more than life itself, called her the one name that he would never utter to her.

"What...what did you call me?" "You heard what I said...why don’t you go and be with him, since you’ve been his slut for 3 years–""THAT’S ENOUGH!" Howie and Christiana turned around, and saw Kevin standing in the doorway. "That is enough, Howie. You know damn well that she’s not a whore...you even calling her that is an insult to you and her! You owe her an apology. Today."

Kevin walks to Howie, staring down at him. Christiana holds her arm, looking away at the two men. "Never." "I said..." Kevin grabs Howie by the chest of the shirt, and pulls him close. "Apologize." "YOU are the one that owes me an apology, you backstabber! You were supposed to be my friend, and you sleep with my fiancée?" Kevin lets him go slowly, and steps back. "You told him?"

She looks at him behind the desk. "You can thank Deanna for that." As she starts to walk off, Howie stops her. "Wait just a Goddamn minute. Give me the ring back." "Howie, we can–" "GIVE ME THE RING!" Ever so slowly, her heart began to break.

"Howard...Querido...please..." "No. I’m done with you. I want you out of my club...and out of my life." She walks to him, and places the 18 carat gold diamond ring in the palm of his hand.

"You...were my everything, Christiana...the one person that I thought I could trust...and honor...and it’s been destroyed for three years behind my back. I’ll see to it that every little piece of shit that’s at my complex is out by nightfall." "Howie, you can’t do this–" "I can, and I will!" he shouted. "Now...get out. Both of you." Christiana ran out the office with Kevin at her coattail. He tried to catch up to her.

"Christiana, wait a sec..." She turns to him. "Kevin...I want to be alone, ok?" "But--" "Please...leave me be a while..." Kevin surrendered, and slowly walked away from her, heading to his car, driving away from Sudden Erotica. Christiana walked past AJ. He noticed the fact that she was wiping away her tears, and had to know what was the matter. He gets up, grabs her arm, stopping her from opening the door.

"Chrissie, what's going on?" he said with the sound of concern cradled in his voice. "Me and Howie just broke up. I..." AJ turns her around, and holds the sides of her arms, rubbing them softly. "He what? Why?" "Because I was unfaithful to him. Because I'm a whore...because I'm Kevin's slut..." "No no..." he takes his shades off, and looks into her eyes. "You are none of those things, understand? How long has your thing with Kevin been?" "Three years..."

"Ouch. You two need to work this out." "He won't listen." "Then I'll talk to--" "I just told you: he won't listen. He's pissed beyond recognition, and he doesn't want to talk to anyone...I never wanted it to be like this...what happened between Kevin and I just...happened...out of the blue...I need to go..." As she was about to open the door, AJ tugs at her arm. "I don't want you to go anywhere by yourself, C." "AJ, I'm a--"

"Grown woman. I know that. But this is L.A. ...in the dead of night. Trust me?" Christiana looks down, then back up, smiling at him. "There's that smile I'm lookin' for. Wanna come over to my house, or...?" "Sure. I'd love to come by...since I..." "What?" "Since I have nowhere else to go..." As Christiana started to lose it all over again, AJ embraces her, smoothing her back. "It's gonna be alright, Christiana...everything will be fine..." She clings onto AJ's t-shirt, and cries her heart out.