- Text Size +
Meanwhile, Deanna walks down the street with her hands in her pockets. "Fucker...sometimes I wonder why I even married him..." Deanna stops at a house, and sits on the stoop. Her knees were to her chest, and her arms were wrapped around her legs.

The wind began to howl, and it pierced through Deanna's thin jacket. She held herself tightly, trying to keep warm, but with no luck. She decided, thanks to the cold weather, to go back home, and face yet another argument with Nick. As she got up off the stoop, she sees someone through the screened window. A faint, 'God, it's so damn cold' was heard after the window was closed.

She got a closer look at the person while walking to the porch window. It was Nick's best confidant: Brian. "Brian?" He stops at the window, and sees Deanna standing at the door, shivering. As he opened the door, and gasps. "What are you doing out here? It's nearly 20 degrees out there!" "I...I needed to get away...f---from Nick, and..." "Say no more...come in here..."

Deanna, still shivering, walked into the house, and closed the door. She sat down, immediately taking off the cold, thin jacket. Brian walks back into the living room, and walks to her, wrapping a wool, electric blanket around her.

"Thank you..." "What were you doing out there?" "Me and Nick had a fight, so I left. It was abou--" "Sex?" Deanna looked up at him. "How did you know?" "He tells me every little tidbit about you not givin' him any in a while. How pissed he gets when he doesn't get any sex at all...childish. It's like a little boy wantin' sugar everyday." "I can't believe he tells you these things..."

Deanna holds her face in her hands, sighing heavily. Brian sits next to her, taking her hands away from her face. "Don't let him get to you, Dee. From what I see it...he only wants you for one thing..." "But there are times when he's never like that. Why is he like this now?" "Ain't no tellin'," he concluded with a slight thick Southern drawl.

"Do you wanna spend the night here?" "No...no, maybe I should talk it all out, like you sai--" "Please..." Brian places a hand on her knee, and rubs it. "Forget for one night that you're upset at your husband, and relax..." Deanna looks up, and meets his radiant, blue eyes once again. That alone calmed her down. She takes off the blanket, and turns it off. "You've done too much for me already, Bri."

"This is how I always am for the people I care for. I'mma show you to your room, ok?" "Thank you..." Brian and Deanna stood by a door, looking at one another. "Thanks again for this. I wasn't really in the mood of seeing him tonight." "Quite understandable. Now, you go and rest, and I'll see you in the mornin', ok?" "Alright...goodnight, Brian..."

Deanna leans up, and kisses him on the cheek. As she draws back, she looks into his eyes, immediately lost in the blue orbs. She turns to open the door, but he grabs her hand, pulling him to her. "Deanna...I..." "Yes...Brian...?" Seconds later, he started to lean in to softly kiss her, hopefully making all, or some of her problems, vanish without a trace.

He stops, leaning back to his position. "Goodnight, Deanna." He slowly lets her hand go. She looks down at her hand, then at him, staring at him in wonder. Deanna then turns around, and opens the door, walking in, closing the door behind her.

She sets her back against the door. Her heart was pounding hard. Her blood rushing through her veins in a frenzy. She never felt like this before...not even with Nick. "Do I have feelings for Brian?" She asked herself. She didn't want to think nothing of it.

Maybe, she thought, all of today's events have finally caught up to her, and have made her delusional.

Or maybe, or even possibly, she does have feelings for Brian...but does she want them within her? On that same night, Deanna and Brian couldn't sleep. They both tossed and turned, only to wake up in the middle of the night.

Their thoughts crept into their minds while they slept, and all they could do was ponder. Brian gets up, and walks to the door. Deanna gets out of bed, and opens her door, walking across the hall, standing in front of Brian's door. "Why in the hell am I here?" she thought. "I don't know what's gotten into me..."

Deanna absentmindedly placed her hand on the door, and on the other side, so did Brian. "What has she done to me?" Brian thought. He wouldn't dare fall for his best friend's wife. He couldn't. Even though he had met her for a brief time, it felt to him as if he'd known her all of his life.

Deanna and Brian stood against the door for a long time, caressing the wood of it. They both turn around, propping up against it. They both lean back up, and get back into bed, snuggling against their sheets, falling asleep. Nick sits on the couch, impatiently waiting for his wife to call. Cassie, rubbing her eyes, came downstairs.

"Daddy?" she said sleepily. "Where's Mommy?" "Mommy went out for a while." "When will she be back? She didn't read me my bedtime story..." Nick sighs under his breath, then turns to his daughter. "I don't know when she'll be back. Now, go back to sleep..." "But Daddy..." "Go. Now."

Cassie walked slowly up the stairs, looking sad as she went. Nick threw his head onto the couch, huffing. "Why isn't she calling me...?" Nick takes the phone out of its holster, and calls Deanna's cell. No answer. Nick became to get even more impatient. Every time she crosses his mind, he becomes enraged. "Deanna...where the hell are you...?" It was the very next day, and Deanna woke up from her deep slumber.

For a long while, she hadn't slept that good, because she was always up all night thanks to Nick's hormones. She didn't understand him at times. She loves him, from the bottom of her heart, but there are some times where you have to draw the line on CONSTANT love making. "A woman can get tired...and sore..." she thought while getting out of bed. Upon walking to the door, and opening it, she smelled coffee brewing downstairs in the kitchen.

She inhaled the earthy aroma, and headed down the steps. She saw Brian in the kitchen, starting breakfast in nothing but a black tank, and black jeans. She bit her lower lip while walking in. "Good morning, Rok..." "Mornin' to you too, Dee..." he said in his infamous Southern drawl.

"Would you like some coffee? Maybe breakfast?" "I would love some coffee, but I can't stay for breakfast." Brian sat a blue coffee mug down, and poured some coffee into it. The steam smacked her dead in the face.

"Is that Columbian?" "If Folgers is Columbian, then I guess so." Deanna laughed at his comment, and sipped some of her coffee, and sighed. "This is delicious..." Brian sat across from her, and folded his hands. "Do you have to go back?" Deanna looked up, and met his vibrant blue eyes again.

"Unfortunately, I have to go back...I have a daughter to tend to...and a long argument ahead, but I'll try to avoid that from ever happening..." "That's good. Want me to drive you there?" "That would be great, Brian...thank you..." Brian drove Deanna back to her house. She looked out the window, looking at the front door.

"I don't know what I'll be met with once I open that door..." She said, turning to Brian, who held her hand, clasping it lightly. "Nothin' serious, I hope. Just tell him you were with me. He can trust me." "Thanks again, Brian...for taking me in...For everything..."

Deanna leaned in, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. As she pulled back, their eyes met again, love beginning to form in each orb. As they were leaning in to kiss one another, Deanna pulls back. "I’ve got to go..."

Brian slowly nods, and turned back to the street, starting the car after she got out, and drove off. Without her knowing, Nick was looking out the window from their bedroom. "That bitch..." he muttered to himself, walking away from the window, closing the blinds.