- Text Size +
It was the moment of truth. He had to do this. He had no other choice. “Kevin...?” Alex began. “Yeah, Dawg?” “Can you hold on to me? Please?” “Yeah, bro. Anytime...” As they all got out of the limo, Kevin held Alex up, for he was weakened. “Well,” began Howie, “We’re here...Are you ready, AJ?”

Alex looked up at Howie, and shook his head. “Howie...I was never ready for things like this. I’m here to say goodbye to the one person that made me feel alive...Things like that you’re not ready for.” “She’s in a better place though, Bone.” said Nick, closing the door of the car, looking at Alex. Alex looked at Nick, and walked to him. “How dare you?” “How dare I what?” “How DARE you say that to me? I have had it up to here with this ‘she’s in a better place’ bullshit! Julia’s gone! She’s never coming back to me....Why would you even say that?!“ "Gee...sorry, man.” “Just...get away from me...”

As Alex walked away from Nick and the rest of the guys, he walked up to the house. “Oh God...” he said to himself. “I can’t do this...I just can’t...I’m not ready for this....I just...” He felt a hand upon his shoulder. He turned around, and he saw his mother. “Mom...” “Dear heart...You have to. Even though it’s very hard to let someone go...but...you can do this...don’t let Julia down...” Alexander looked up at the sky, in search for an answer. “What will I do…?” Alexander thought. He said a silent prayer to the heavens, and then to Julia. “Ok, mom…I’ll do it. For Julia…”

The church fell silent. There was no noise coming from anywhere. The only thing that you could hear was sounds of friends and family shedding tears of sadness. “J, are you sure that you can do this?” asked AJ’s close friend, Kris. “Yeah. I can. I have to. Even though it’s going to be harder down the road…I can do this.” “I know you can, Bone. She’ll e very happy that you did.” Kris gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, and walked out of the room. Alexander stood against a wall, and looked up. “Julia…This is only a temporary vacation. I will see you again someday…I know I will.”


Friends and family sat at the pews of the church. They awaited Alex to come and read out his eulogy. It was painful for him to do this, but he was going to be alright. He knew in his heart that he’ll see her again. As he walked towards the podium, he cleared his throat, and everyone listened.

“Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming. Julia Gauthier meant the world to me. When we first met, I knew that we would be forever…but forever was sliced in half by death. When I found out that she perished… my world collapsed. I thought that I would never be the same again without her. She was the life of everything. She was the jewel of everyone’s lives. Why am I saying ‘was’? Let me rephrase. She is the life of everything. She is the jewel of our lives…she’s just…” Alexander tried to hold back tears. “She’s just the best thing that ever happened to me. Julia is with the heavens now, singing a beautiful song with the angels.” Alexander looked down at the podium for a second, and then looked back up at the people. “I know that we will see each other again…Thank you.”

Alexander had a bouquet of red and white roses, and placed them outside the coffin. He saw her embedded within the glass coffin, eyes closed, forever resting in peace. Her skin was of a rosy porcelain; maybe it was set naturally… or maybe not.

An hour later, everyone got ready to leave the church. Nick ran up to Alex. “Yo, J! Wait!” Alexander turned around, and saw him. “What?” “J…I just want to say…that I’m sorry for what I said.” “Nick…don’t worry about it. It’s fine. I’m not mad anymore.” Nick smiled at him, and hugged him.

After Alex said goodbye to everyone, he got in his Range Rover, and drove off.


“…Alex…? Alexander…” Alex woke up, and saw Julia. He couldn’t believe it. His one true love wasn’t dead after all. He knew deep within that it was a cruel joke. “Julia! You’re alive!” Julia shook her head at him. “I’m not alive. I’m still deceased.” “I don’t understand…how—“ Alex looked over to his right, and saw a destroyed car, and policemen surrounding it.

There was a limp body lying underneath the car. “No…that can’t be…I’m dead?” “I’m afraid so, Alex…but I’m sending you back. This is not your time yet.” Alex walked to her, and held her hands. “But Julia…I need you…I want to be with you, for always…” “And you will…but this is not your time. We will meet again. I guarantee it…” After that was said, Julia gave him a sweet kiss.

“Until we meet again, Alex…I love you.”