- Text Size +
Damn, I’m getting too old for this shit. I groaned as my body ached after sitting for so long.
I pulled my sunglasses down over my eyes as I walked into the psychotically bright car rental company.
“Welcome to Hertz. How may I help you?” The lady behind the counter asked a little too loudly.
Either I was really moody or this place was really getting on my nerves. “I need to rent a truck.”
“Okay, what are you looking for?” She asked her hand hovering above the keyboard like she was preparing to cast a spell.
“An Escalade if you have one.”
“Yes, I believe we do.” She said nodding. Yeah she was annoying the hell out of me. “What name am I putting this under?”
“Alex McLean.”
“Alex M-c-l-e-a-n?” I nodded. How hard was it to spell McLean? God I was grouchy. I seriously needed a smoke. I answered as I needed to but attempted to get the hell out of there as quickly as I could.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I sighed as I climbed behind the wheel and started the truck, I pulled out my cell and called Nick’s cell.
“Lo.”
“Hey Nick. I’m here and I’m on my way.”
“Okay, the girls just left. They are going to look at wedding dresses.”
“Okay what time are they coming back?”
“I don’t know. I have to meet them at the tux place, today is my fitting apparently.” Nick grumbled something under this breath. I didn’t have to ask, I knew he hated fittings.
“Okay, well I’m going to go to the hotel first, take a nap and then I will be over.” I said yawning, 4 am wake ups were a thing of the past for me, or at least I thought they were.
“Okay that sounds good. I’m leaving here at 2.”
“Okay, I’ll be there around 1 then.”
“Okay, talk to you then.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Nick sighed and picked up the home phone. He dialed Mel’s cell.
“Hello.”
“Hey baby.”
“Hey, whatcha doin’?” Mel asked hearing the odd tone in Nick’s voice.
“I have something to tell you that Jenn doesn’t need to know right now.” Nick said sitting down at his desk.
“Well, Aj is in Nashville.”
“WHAT?! Shit.” Nick chuckled, Melissa very seldom ever cussed. Nick could hear Jenn saying something in the back ground. “Oh nothing. Just some stupid letter from a fan.” Nick laughed, Melissa couldn’t lie if her life depended on it. “So Nick,” She let her voice trail off.
“He’s heading to his hotel but he said he would be here around 1.”
“Okay, well I will see you around 2:30 at the tux place right?”
“Yeah, do you want me to bring Aj?”
“God I don’t know. I will figure it out and I will let you know.” Mel said looking over at Jenn.
“Okay, love you.”
“Love you too. Bye.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“What is going on?” I asked Mel as she closed her cell.
“Nothing just some stuff has come up. Nothing to worry about.” Mel said looking out the window at the scenery passed by.
“Anything I can help with?” I was worried by her tone of voice.
“No, I think it will work itself out.” Mel looked back at me and smiled. I knew something was up but I also knew Mel wouldn’t tell me until she was ready.
“Okay.” I said as I entered the turn lane.