- Text Size +


"Oh my god." I sighed as we sat down in the tuxedo rental company, waiting on Nick. "I'm tired, and I didn't try on a single dress. I know you have got to totally exhausted." We had spent hours with her trying on different dresses.

"I am so flipping tired." Mel said leaning her head back against the back of the chair. "At least I got it nailed down to those two dresses. But just think Thursday is your day." She said grinning an evil grin.

"Oh god. I forgot. Can't I come in jeans or something."

"Sure if you want to sit outside." Mel said laughing.

"Works for me."

"JENNIFER!" She said slapping my arm.

"Fine fine. I'll dress up." I grinned she knew I was lying. I loved the whole process. I sighed and leaned forward and rested my head on my hand.

We both jumped as Mel's cell rang.

"Hello." I could only hear one side of the conversation, and from what I heard, it didn't sound good. "Oh no. Okay. I will see what I can do."

"What?" I asked as Mel as she hung up.

"I totally forgot to go to the florist. If I don't order before they close today, the stuff won't be here in time."

"Okay, I'll handle which ever one you want me to. We talked about which flowers you wanted, and you have them all written down, or I can stay here and help with Nick."

"No, no I need to be here with Nick. Lord knows I need to be here with him. He's not looking forward to this fitting. Okay here. Here is all my information that I've written down," She handed me her day planner. "I think everything is in there."

"Mel, I know you. We have talked about this. Everything I need is in the ‘all powerful day planner' and if not I do have a cell phone ya know."

"I know. Thank you so much." She said laughing.

"Your welcome. I'll see you in a little while. I should be back before this is all done. If not call me and I will come pick you up." I said as I started walking to the front of the store.

"Okay. Thank you again."

I turned and looked back at her, "That's what friends are here for." I waved as I walked out into the sunlight.




Melissa looked up as Nick and Aj walked into the store. Mel watched as Aj's face fell when he didn't see Jenn.

"Hey," Nick kissed Mel as he neared her. His eyes asked the unasked question.

"She had to go to the florist for me. I totally forgot that today was the dead-line for ordering the flowers."

"Oh." Nick said and turned to Aj. "Well since you're here, you might as well be fitted too."

"Yeah, I guess." Aj sat down slowly beside Mel as Nick went into the dressing room with the suits that Mel had picked out for him.



"Hey," Mel said as she looked at Aj.

He looked up at her and she could see how disappointed he was. "Hey."

"If you want to go to the florist you can go."

"We came in one car, I think it would be best if waited." He looked at Mel, "Is she mad?"

"No, scared you don't love her. But not mad."

"What?"

"Yeah she thinks you are calling her to ask her where she wants you to send her stuff." She grinned at Aj's shocked expression.

"God, did I mess up that bad? Bad enough that she thinks I don't love her?" He said rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand.

"No, she's scared Aj. I think that if you had waited any longer it might have been too long. I think she's getting ready to shut out the pain-"Mel started, but was interrupted by Aj.

"And in the process shut me out too." Aj sighed and looked up as Nick came out of the dressing room.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




I looked at my watched as I opened the door to the florist's shop. 20 minutes to spare.

"Hi I'm here for Melissa Barnes and Nick Carter." I said to the woman behind the counter.

"Ah yes, I just happened to remember that she said to call her if she hadn't come in by now."

"Yes, everything is running together today." I said smiling.

"Very understandable. Do you know exactly what she wants?"

"Yes, I believe that everything is written down in here."

"Very good. Let's get started then." She said as she motioned me toward a table covered in patterns and flowers.



Almost an hour later, I had almost finished up everything at the florist, when we realized that the only thing we didn't have was the color of the flower petals for the flower girls.

"Of all the things to forget." I said to the florist laughing.

"You would be surprised at what we forget at this time." She said smiling.

"Let me call and see what Melissa wants." I said as I dialed Mel's cell number.



I rang at least 3 times before I heard Nick answer. "Lo."

"Hey Nick, is Mel available? I need to ask her a quick question."

"Yeah hang on." I heard him call Mel's name, and it hit me, If they are at a fitting for Nick, why is Nick answering the phone... I waited until Mel picked up the phone.

"Hello."

"Hey, I thought Nick was being fitted, why is he answering your phone?" I asked and received silence an answer. "Mel?"

"Well you know how it is."

"Whatever, listen I need to know what color you want for the flower girls flowers."

"Oh god I knew I was forgetting something. Make them the same color as the bridesmaids flowers." I could hear people talking in the background but couldn't make out what was being said. Something was going on, and I knew I would figure it out soon enough,

"Okay, I will talk to you in a few minutes." I said as I hung up. I looked back up at the florist, "She wants them to be the same color as the bridesmaids flowers."

"Okay very good, I think that is everything."

"Thank you so much for fitting us in." I said as I stood.

"Your welcome and thanks for coming on in. I'll call the number on the contacts when they come in."

"Okay thank you." I said as I walked out back into the bring sunlight. "Now to figure out what is going on with Mel." Surely Nick hasn't got cold feet. I laughed at my rambling thought. I knew better. I shook my head and pulled out of the parking lot heading back to the tuxedo rental place. I dialed Mel's cell as I made my way into traffic.

"Hello."

"Hey, I'm done and I'm heading toward you."

"Oh well, we are done we are heading back to the house." She said a little too quickly.

"Melissa Barnes you tell me right now. What is going on?"

"What are you talking about." She answered me and I knew she was lying to me.

"Melissa stop playing around we both know when you are lying. What is wrong."

"Nothing. I swear nothing is wrong." She said sighing.

"Fine, don't tell me. But I will find out what it is. I'll talk to you when you get home." I was frustrated. I knew something was wrong, and I hate to worry about something and not even know what I'm worrying about.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Mel sighed as she looked up at Nick. "She knows. She knows something is up." Nick sighed and looked at Aj as he exited the dressing room in his own clothes.

"What?" He stopped as he noticed both of them looking at him, "What's wrong?"

"She knows something is going on." Nick said as he turned heading out to the truck. "I just hope she doesn't figure it out and leave before we can get there."

"She won't." Mel said hoping she was right. Jenn could be very stubborn and extremely skittish.