- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay this chapter came out sooner than I thought, of course once again I have to thank Kristal for helping me out as much as she does...hell soon I might have to turn it over to her...lol!! Hope you like.

Did I just hear right? She said that awful ‘L’ word, damn her and her fucking attachment problem. I spring up, backing away, and nodding my head. I can’t help, but chuckle nervously “Crys…” the look in her eyes, is really making it difficult for me to say, what I have to say.

There is a nasty flutter in my stomach, my palms are sweating, there is a really hot rush running up and down my body and the truth…well I’d like to…run right out of here and never see her again. That would be the simplest solution to all this bullshit, because that’s what this is. Love…what the fuck is that? I have no idea really, but I’ll tell you what...I don't want any part of it. Hell, I just might pass out right now.

“Jack…are you alright?” she stands up, not even bothering to cover up. She places a hand on my face again, sending a tingling sensation through my skin. “It’s ok Jack…to feel loved…” she looks me deep in the eyes, and I’m hypnotized, I can’t move, talk, or think. I watch as she leans in slowly towards me, then her lips cover mine, I don’t fight It, I just close my eyes.

Damn, her lips tastes so good, and the warmth of her body against mine, makes me want her so badly, like I’ve never wanted anyone before. I feel the flutter grow stronger, my heart is racing, my breathing is elevated and I know junior is wide awake.

Suddenly I snap out of this trance, that this woman has put me in. Who the hell does she think she is? I wont fall for all this bullshit, love doesn’t exist and I don’t need it in my life. I just want to get back to the house, kill Howie, The Richardson’s and go back to my normal fucking life. Is that too much to ask for. I grab her sides tight, to the point that she yelps against my mouth, then I pull her away.

“Ow Jack!” she grabs my wrists, trying to pry my hands from gripping her sides. “Your hurting me Jack.” she looks down at my chest, biting on her lip.

“Listen to me kid…you are to never…ever…say those words to me again.” she just stares at me, her eyes full of confusion. I jerk her out of her trance “Crystal…are you listening to me.”

“I said you‘re hurting me, Jack!” she looks up at me, with sadness in her eyes. Why in the fuck does she do that shit to me? My brain is working double time, to calm the damn flutters she gives me, when she does that shit. How the fucking hell can one person, a kid, have such an impact on me? It’s really annoying. My grip must have stayed firm on her hips, as my mind was drifting, because her voice snaps me back, from my thoughts. “Just…because you’re not used to someone loving you…doesn’t give you the right to be such an asshole. Or to hurt me, JACK!” She squirms and my fingers release and I raise up my hands, letting her know I wont do it again.

“I…I’m…” My heart and my brain aren’t in sync at the moment. My heart is telling me to care and apologize, but my brain is telling me that I don’t give a shit, and there is no need for apologies. “Just don’t say that again.” my voice, is flat, I actually want to kick my ass, for sounding so fucking troubled by all this.

I’ve made her cry, once again, but this time it really looks like I’ve done it. “You don’t have…to worry…” she chokes on her words, “I will NEVER say those words again…because you obviously don’t deserve them.” she storms away, turns off the light and jumps into the bed, pulling the covers over herself.

I stand in the dark, just listening to her sniffle. I would like to say ‘fuck her and her feelings’ but somehow I just can’t. There is this unexplainable aching in my chest and I’m pretty sure it’s anything but fucking normal…cause I’ve never had it before. I shuffle the bag for my hoodie, and my gun, I have to get out of here and take a walk.

Each one of these houses looks the same, the only thing that changes is the color and the car parked in the driveway. Speaking of cars parked in the driveway, I eye a brand new black and silver motorcycle, a helmet hangs from the handlebar. Oh yeah, this is what will be taking us home later tonight, I make way back to the house and sit on the porch puffing on a cigarette. Once I’m done, I sink into the rough chair and close my eyes, just for a second, it’s not like I can fall asleep on this hard ass thing.

The lights of a car passing by, shine in my eyes and wakes me from my uncomfortable slumber on the whicker chair. “Fuck” I mumble, noticing that the car is a black Lincoln, with tinted windows, I watch as it cruises down the street. Who the hell could it be now? I enter the house and walk slowly down the hall towards the room, the door opens with out a creak. Placing my bag over my shoulder I watch the kid sleeping. Maybe I should leave her here, she‘ll be better off. She can get Nick to pick her up, we are only an hour away. I put my hand on the door, then I look back again. God damn it…

I shake her lightly “Crystal…you have to get up. We have to leave right now” I speak softly as I continue to shake her.

“Mhm…” she groans and turns around to look at me startled “What? Jack…” she sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. “What the hell are you doing?”

“No time for questions Crys…we have to go. They are circling the neighborhood, I know they are still looking for us. Come on!!” I pull her up.

Pulling her arm from my grip, she glares at me “Jack…it’s really late. Who is following us? Well, whoever it is...probably doesn't even know which house we are in…plus I don’t have any…”

I grab her hand and yank her off the bed, dragging her behind me “I don’t have time for bullshit, we have to get the hell out of here. Unless you want a bullet in your head? If you do, then go ahead and stay here, but I sure as hell pass on that one.” I storm down the hallway and out the front door. “You stay here and keep an eye out for the black Lincoln. If you see it…um…Can you whistle?”

She nods with a roll of her eyes “Your going to make me stand out here in the cold…” she looks down at herself. I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to keep from laughing and staring at her legs and the pink underwear peaking under her shirt. Ok, so I’m already staring. “Like this…Jack”

“I think it’s a good look for you.” I wiggle my eyebrows playfully and shove my bag into her hands. “Whistle if you see it”

“You are such a jerk!!!” she crosses her arms and sits on the pavement “Well hurry the hell up, before my ass goes numb.”

I nod and start down the street to where the motorcycle is, I look around once again, all the lights are out. When I saw the clock in the house, it was already midnight. Which means, that everyone in a quiet and nice neighborhood have to be fast asleep by now. I look around once again, grabbing hold of a handlebar in each of my hands. I kick the brake loose and push it out the driveway and down the street.

Quickly she stands up, her mouth falls open "Where in the hell did you get that? Great, now we are motorcycle jacking someone..." she whispers as I prop the bike up with the brake. I'm not going to bother answering her lame ass questions, I've got to figure out how to hotwire a motorcycle. With a deep sigh I scoot under the bike and begin to look around. "Now what are you...um…Jack?”

Sure, I’m in the middle of trying to save our asses and she’s gotta start her fucking yapping. I don’t even know what the fuck I’m doing here, “Not now, Crys” I respond, in a harsh tone.

“But…Jack…”

Jesus…fucking…Why?…Why does she do this? “I said not now! This isn’t the time, damn it” I catch her eyes, and give her a scowl, as my fingers fiddle, blindly with the wires.

She lets out a loud huff, “You know what…fine!” Thank God…if there IS a God. I reach up to rip the wire I think will work, when I’m startled by the bike bouncing once, and the engine revving in my ear. I sit up startled, to see her sitting on the bike, looking down at me with a smug grin, plastered on her face.

I gradually get back on my feet and scratch the back of my neck. So the dumb fuck owner, left the keys in the ignition! Shit…then that makes me a dumb fuck for not noticing. Just great! “Don’t even…“ I hand her the bag as I take my seat in front of her.

“Um Jack…you know how to drive…ride…a motorcycle right?”

My hand curls around the handlebar and I rev the engine once again. Now, we don't have to let her know that I did, indeed, crash a motorcycle once, it's not like I'm going to try and pop a wheelie or do some kind of dangerous stunt. "Yeah I do...so...just hold on." The air is caught in my throat as I feel her arms snake around my waist, taking a tight hold on me, actually that is too damn tight. "Shit woman!! Ease up..." I snap.

"I'm sorry...I'm just really nervous about riding on a stolen motorcycle, with someone who is a jerk, and to top it off, in my underwear. so sue me if I'm a bit on the edge...sheesh." I feel her hold loosen slowly, then in an instant, her hand brushes against my chest sending a mind boggling hot rush up and down my entire body. My eyes close as I take in the feeling, I'm glad she can't see the stupid look, I must have on my face.

I look around once again, the street is deserted and there isn't a soul in sight. That still doesn't put me at ease, I have an odd feeling that wherever we go there is trouble waiting for us. Someone is watching our every move and right about now, I have no idea who the fuck it is. Am I on someone's list? I know, I've already broken a couple of rules...maybe Don has decided it's time to get rid of me. Well...whoever the fuck it is, I'm not going down so easily. Not without a fight.

My grip remains tight, on the handlebars as we head out of the neighborhood and safely onto to the main road. I can feel the kid shaking like a fucking leaf against my body. The cool air must be getting to her…and I’m not surprised. Without thinking twice, I pull off the road, onto the graveled shoulder and cut the engine.

“What are we doing Jack? I thought we had to…“

I hold my hand up to silence her, as I maneuver the bike into a safe position. We hop off, and I peel off my hoodie. Bunching it up, so that she can put her arms into it. She stands there, just staring at me in a bit of confusion, which causes me to roll my eyes. “Come on, damn it, we don’t have all fucking night Crys.“ I cock a brow and hold the hoodie up, again.

My eyes watch her, as she slips her arms into the hoodie, then I take a step closer, to help her pull it over her head. Our eyes lock for only a moment and my instincts kick in “Uh…your…” I clear my throat, “Your…shivering was…getting on my damn nerves.” I clench my jaw and mount the bike again.

She says nothing as she climbs on, behind me. I rev the engine and start down the road again. I suddenly feel her head against my shoulder and her arms slink back around me, tightly…I don’t snap at her. Don’t ask me why…I just don’t.

The action actually reminds me that I’m not the only one in danger anymore, that someone is out to get her too. I just don’t know who’s behind it all, but I do know one thing…as long as I’m alive, no one will hurt her…no one.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you Kris!! *Hugs*