- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Whenever you come across the word "Tabh", the word is pronounced 'Tive' (common rule in Irish Gaelic.)
“Avy, you haven't touched your food. What's the matter?” How can I tell Reline about what happened to me the other day? How can I tell her about Dwaine never leaving my domicile? Why am I asking these questions as if she never even saw what happened previously?

“Huh? Oh, nothing, Relly...” she just looks at me knowing that something is clearly wrong with me. “Tell me, Avy.” “Reline, there's nothing the matter. Trust m---” “Avangellina. ..” I surrender. I flatten the palms of my hands on the table, and sigh heavily. “Alright...I' ll tell you.” I take another deep breath then look up at her face.

“Remember what happened the other night with Anya?” “Yeah...?” “Well, remember when he said that he left, and would never come back? Well, it turns out that he did...” Reline gave me a shocked expression. “You mean, that Dwaine Ciscough guy?” “YES...he never left, and he came to me yesterday morning. At first he was--” I silence myself, and wait for a young couple to pass us by. “Maybe we should talk about this outside?” I request. “Good idea.”

“So, he gave you a preposition?” “Yeah. He says that if I really meant for him to leave, then I would say it on my own time; when I'm ready.” “And what did you say?” “I told him to leave, and never come back.” “And did he?” “Yeah...” “Well, good...” as we continued walking back into the Cafe, I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time: guilt. A part of me wanted him to leave me alone, and yet...the other half wanted him to stay. Why am I torn between caring and avoiding something that has since died?

“Avangellina? Are you ok?” I turn to her and give her a fake smile. “Yeah, I'm good. Um, can you drive me home? I suddenly don't feel good...” “Sure thing, cous.” We head out to my car, and we both get in going back home. I look out the window and place my hand over the glass as she drove us back.

“Looks as if you have a lot on your mind,” she says to me while still paying attention to the road. “Yeah...a lot.” We drove past this flower grove that looked very familiar to me...have I been here before? I know I haven't recently but...something is telling me that I have. “This grove...” I began. “I think I've seen this place before. Have we been here?” She looks at me as if I was a bit insane.. “No, we haven't, girly. Are you sure you're ok?” I don't utter a word to her as I continue to look out the window. I don't feel him around me, but as I said before, I feel guilty for letting him go without thoroughly explaining himself.

We finally arrive at our apartment complex, and get out the car. “Avy, are you sure you--” “Reline, I'll be fine, ok? I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night.I'm just gonna go inside, and take a short nap. Don't worry about me, ok?” she lightly nodded and walked to the back entrance to her abode quietly. I let out a worrisome sigh and turn to walk into my living room. I collapsed onto the couch, and take off my shoes. The seat hugs me, and I reply by closing my eyes, instantly drifting off to sleep.



I open my eyes and find myself in a vast garden with stone sculptures as far as the eye can see. I begin to walk around, and I'm instantly taken aback by the beautiful yet alluring sight. From complete inspection, I see that it was the grove that I saw while going back home. I look down at myself and notice that I'm wearing a white evening gown with the skirt cut long. The top part of the gown was designed like a corset: white satin and lace nearly revealing my chest. My hair was long, though in reality it's shoulder length. I then realized that I wasn't the only one in this orchard...

“Avangellina. ..”

He's come back...

“We meet again, my dear.”

I turn around once more, and I see Dwaine standing in front of me wearing his Renaissance clothes, but of a different color. He took his hat off, and placed it to his chest, bowing to me. “You've returned,” I say to him as he regained his posture. “Are you surprised?” he asks me, meeting up with me for we were several feet away from one another. He takes my hand, and intertwining it with his. I became lost in his honey brown eyes lustering in the sunlight.

“Why are you in my dreams?” “Because I knew that what you said, you never meant it. I felt that you wanted me to stay a while...and that you care for me.” That was true. “Dwaine...I know you, and yet I don't know you...tell me that's crazy?” “It isn't to me...You will know the answer to your confusion in due time. Just please, let me be there for you.” I take my hand and caress his face lightly. “Dwaine, I don't know if I should--” “Just...do what's in your heart, my dear.” Do what's in my heart, huh? What is with these ultimatums he's giving me? That's easier said than done at this point. “Can...can you please give me some time to think? Please?” “I shall give you all the time in the world, Avangellina. ..I promise you that...” he walked up to me, and touched my face again. “Until we meet again...”

And I woke up.

I spring up from the couch, and look around trying to find him, but he was nowhere to be found. I run my hands agiainst my face, and let out a muffled groan. “I knew he'd be back...” I thought. I plop back down on the couch, and felt something crinkle as I did so. Underneath me, there was a folded note with purple wax with a Celtic cross imprint holding it closed. I quickly opened it up, and read what's inside.

“Alas, my love, you do me wrong, to cast me off discourteously. In fact, you have done nothing of the sort. I stole these lyrics from him, because no King can hold such a love as mine. His 'love' for Anne is mediocre compared to what I hold true. The question is this: do you love me like I love you so dearly? If you do, meet me tonight, and we shall rendezvous. We can do whatever you desire, and I shall do what I can to make you happy.

I do not know if you have knowledge of this, but I am an artist: I create lovely portraits for a living, but none of them can compare to you. You're beauty captivates me. If I may, could I please capture you into a white sheet of paper, and paint your astonishing, radiant beauty? I would be the most gracious if you'd let me. I will be at the Tabh Terrace halfway to the stroke of midnight. I hope to see you there, and that I may see your beloved face again.”

Yours hopefully entirely,

D.

I read the letter over again. “Why did he send this to me?” I thought to myself. “You will know the answer to your confusion in due time...” that thought lingered around my mind for quite some time. “This could be a clue or something,” I say to no one but myself. I look at the letter again, and look at the name: Tabh Terrace.

What is that? I say...my mind was in clear thought once more...the word “Tabh” is too close to the word “Tabu”, so that's probably where it---wait.. Why am I even TRYING to figure out a place that's obviously in ruins by now? But honestly, at the same time, I want to find him again. I know exactly where Tabu is; a friend of mine runs the place. Maybe he's there...just maybe...

“Forgive me father, for I haven't a sin, but a confession.” “What is your confession, child?” She clasps onto her rosary, and looks down at the confession box floor. “Well, I have a friend, and she is in dire need of assistance,” she began.

“I see...is she a lady of the evening?” “No, Father, nothing like that...you see, she has a spirit living in her home, and every time she tries to rid of it, the spirit comes back.” “I understand.. .is she of the Catholic faith?” “No, she isnt, Father. I was wondering if you could send someone to perform an exorcism, and get rid of whatever it is that's running her life?” the Father looked up and stayed silent in thought. “It is not that simple, my child. You see, I have to notify the Vatican, and I have to gain permission in order for an exorcism to take pla--”

“Please....do whatever it takes to rid of this matter...I am in fear of what it might do next.. He's already in control of her...” “I will do what I can...rest assured.” “Thank you, Father.” she crosses herself, and turn to leave the booth. She puts on her rosary, and walks down the aisle towards the tall front doors of the Saint Agosto Roman Catholic Church.

“I will get you help, Avangellina. ..” she thought to herself. “One way or another. I will not let him control you this way...NEVER.”