- Text Size +
Me and Howie were walking through our grove without a care in the world. We were holding hands, looking at one another with smiles on our faces. “I love you,” he says to me softly. “And I love you, too, Howie...” I say to him. We stopped walking and share a few sweet kisses right next to the creek.

Describe the moment, and not use the word 'romantic'. You can't, can you? Thought so. As we broke away from each other, I say, “We're going to be late for dinner at Reline's...” “We can stay a little while longer, can we?” He gave me a little sad look and I just had to surrender. “Yes, we can...”

We lie on the grass looking at the starfilled sky. “Isn't this universe outstanding?” he asks me, still looking up. I look over at him and smile, “Yes, it is...Never have I seen such a wonderful night like this...wait, yes, I have...” Howie sat up, looking me over in wonder. “Really? When?” “Our first date, silly...it was on that beautiful night that we professed our love for one another...” he scooted closer to me, and kisses my cheek. “And we shall have more beautiful nights like that, Avangellina....for as long as we both shall live.” “I'm so glad that you found me...do I call you Dwaine or Howie?”

“Just Howie, for I have Dwaine's spirit within me.” I had to ask him this, because frankly, it HAD to be answered.. “Did Dwaine tell you about your life? That you were here on Earth before?” Howie nodded, saying that he, too, came to him in a dream. “I didn't want to believe it at first, but then he showed me everything. My life just got interesting, you know?” “Yes, I do...” I look down at my watch, and see that it's almost 8. “We should be heading back...” “You're right, Love. We don't want your cousin chewing our heads off...”

We stood up, and we stand face to face. “Let's make this our secret hideaway. Our safe haven. That way, whenever we'll feel stressed, or upset, we'll know where to turn.” I look at him and nod in affirmation. “That's a great plan, Dorough...” He takes my hands, and places them on his chest. “And also, remember one thing, that you will always be in here. “ “I'll always remember...” we share another tender kiss afterwards, which lasted almost forever. Our lips parted, and we walk back to the car and get in, driving to the direction of my house.

“Is everything ready, Father Calapeglia?” “Yes. Everything is all set in the den.” Reline and Father Calapeglia were preparing for the exorcism. She clasped onto her rosary that was around her neck as she watched him make a Holy Water circle, and bless the house while reading an excerpt from the Bible. “Bless this house, and everything in it, O Lord,” he said, and repeated so throughout the entire house.

“This has got to work, Father.” “This will work, Child. Light the incense.” “Yes, Father,” she said, and she obeyed. In all four corners of the room, she lit each anointment incense, the scent instantly overtook the apartment. “Now, it is blessed with His spirit. Nothing shall go wrong.” She crossed herself, and thanked the Father again for everything he's done. Little did they both know, that they will soon do more harm than good.