- Text Size +

 

 

Jessa blinked a few times as she came back to reality. She’s daydreaming again. She should stop thinking about Nick. It’s just a crush, nothing more and nothing less. She will never see him again. He already moved on and is now living with his family, which includes Daphne and Tania, in Florida. She, on the other hand, should focus more on the business she started. A spa business that’s beginning to get known, thanks to Laura Carter who once visited her and promised to recommend her business to her friends. It wasn’t long enough to wait because she found herself already catering her service to socialites, celebrities and just purely rich people. By word of mouth, her customers grew. They said that they liked her service. They were comfortable just upon stepping into the homely ambiance of her spa. It overwhelmed her with such a great feeling. She got her dream job and she’s earning a lot from it now.

There was a quiet noise at the reception area that caught her attention. Probably, another famous person has dropped by for a spa. She walked out of her office but stopped when she saw who came.

Nick Carter.

Nick smiled at her as he removed his aviator shades. He’s looking good with his pink golf shirt tucked in nicely-fit jeans. His hair disheveled, looking as if he just got out of the bed but it looks charming on him. “Hi, Jessa.”

Her heart seemed to palpitate just at the mere mention of her name. His full attention is on her and she saw her employees’ look of jealousy. “Hi, what are you doing here? I thought you’re in Florida.” She said. He walked towards her. “Your mom told me,” she quickly added. She’s interested to know what’s going on in his life and luckily, he has a mother who is religiously keeping tabs about him to her. She didn’t ask for it but Laura Carter always does it whenever she’s around for a spa and she knew why. The old woman still had hopes that she will end up with her son.

“I flew in to visit Mom,” Nick replied, “and you.” He now stood before her. “It’s almost noon. Come on, let’s have lunch.”

“Me?”

Nick looked around and winked at the women in the reception. “Is there any other Jessa here aside from her?”

Cindy, the redhead at the reception’s desk, replied. “Nah, our boss is the only one. You can take her out, Sir. We know she’d love to.”

Jessa didn’t get the chance to glare at her employee-slash-friend. Nick has already turned back to her. “Come on, Jessa. Let’s go for lunch.”

“Okay,” she replied. “I’ll just go and get my bag.” She went back in her office. She took time to brush her hair and apply some light lipstick and spray on a few amount of her perfume. When she got out, Nick is talking with her co-workers, even laughing with them. He turned to her and offered his hand.

“Let’s go.”



~~~



“I’m glad that you finally pursued on the business that you want,” Nick said to her before putting food in his mouth. They end up in an outdoor restaurant along the boulevard where celebrities frequently dined. She felt so special at the way he treated her. He pulled the chair for her. He conspired with some restaurant staff to get a bouquet of flowers for her. And his look never wavered from her. Why is he doing this? She doesn’t know. The important thing now is that she felt special.

“That’s what I’ve wanted ever since. Thanks to your job offer, I was able to save enough to start with this,” Jessa answered. “How’s Daphne? Is she in Florida?”

“She’s going to school now there. Someone’s looking after her while I’m here. You should’ve seen her,” he chuckled. “In such a young age, I never thought that a kid can be that smart.”

She caught his words, someone’s looking after her. That’s Tania, for sure. Nick looked so happy having a complete family now. “She always is.” She says. “How about you? How are you?”

Nick placed the glass of water down after drinking it. “I’m fine.” His face turned serious. “Listen, Jessa. I’m sorry about what I’ve said back in the hospital. That’s really not good and I regret what I’ve said. I’m so sorry. I really shouldn’t have said that.”

Sometimes, love can make it easy to forgive and forget, just like what she had with Nick. It doesn’t matter anymore on whatever it was said and done in the past. But still, she had to show him who should get the respect out of that situation no matter how much she feels so deeply for him. “Yeah, that was really hurtful, Nick.”

“I’m honestly asking for forgiveness now, Jessa. You know, I’d do anything so that we can go back to what we were. You’re a nice woman, a good friend and I don’t want to lose you.”

She stared at him. “It’s alright, Nick. I understand.” There was a moment of awkward silence between them. They continued eating. After lunch, Nick invited her someplace else. She went with him, thinking that this is the only time that they can be together. Probably tomorrow or in a few days, he will go back to Florida and only time will tell when he will see her again. She realized that he took her to a house that is situated overlooking the sea.

“This is a great house.” She said as she stood in the balcony facing the blue ocean. “Whose house is this?”

“Do you like it?” Nick replied instead.

“Yes, this is beautiful and I love the ocean view. I can sit here all day, with a book and an iced tea. That would be great.” She turned and smiled at him.

“I was thinking about buying this.”

“What about your house in the Hills?”

Nick smiled as he folded his arms across his chest. “That is actually Mom’s. I have my own house but I sold it years ago when Daphne was about to be born. Tania left that time and I wanted to stay at Mom’s because I need her support in being a parent.” He walked near. “So, do you think that this is a good house?”

“Yes. But why are you asking me? You’re the one who’ll buy it and live here, not me.” She held her breath when he is nearer than he’s not supposed to be.

“Okay, I’ll buy it then.” He closed the gap between them and kissed her. Her eyes widened in surprise but as the kiss goes longer and deeper, she gave in. Her arms wrapped around his neck. Nick’s arms were caressing her all over. She didn’t know what happened but it seemed mutual. They wanted something more than this kiss. It ended and they stared at each other for a while. “Can we…?” he started to ask her.

Her eyes were dazed with a passion that is only meant for him. It seemed to be the reply to his question because he bents down to kiss her again. This time, it’s sweeter and more promising. They were caught up in that moment, never thinking of any consequences that it may entail afterwards. Nick took her in his arms and they found the nearby bedroom.



~~~



Jessa woke up in the darkness. She can feel Nick’s soft breathing on her nape as his arms were wrapped on her body. They were naked, together in a bed. Nick spooned behind her. She lost count on the times they made love but she remembered how each time has been a wonderful feeling for her. She felt loved. She felt special. Nick has been a great lover and though she thought she can’t do it anymore, he has the power to awaken her desires more. If only he is hers…

Her eyes grew wide open at that thought. Geez, she messed it up with a married man. And although she didn’t notice a wedding band in his finger, it would just be easy to take it off and do what he did to her hours ago. She doesn’t want to be a home-wrecker. This is not her.

Slowly, she rose from the bed, trying as much as she could to avoid Nick from waking up. When she hit the floor, she quickly dressed up. She takes one last glance at Nick’s sleeping form. He looked angelic when he’s asleep. She fought the urge to drop a kiss on his pouted lips. She quietly went out of the room and out of the house. There’s no need to stay there any more. She didn’t intend to let things happen between them. She wanted it. But she doesn’t want to ruin his family by indulging herself with the fantasies of him. She should avoid him as much as she could even if that means not to see him anymore.



~~~



Nick woke up and his first instinct is to pull the woman in the bed beside him and to make love to her again. It’s a dream that he wanted for so long. He realized how she means so much to him and when he saw her again, he missed her a lot that he couldn’t wait to get her all by himself. He wanted to talk to her about lots of things. But most of all, he wanted to open up himself to her. He never thought that he would feel this way to someone.

He opened his eyes when he couldn’t reach her beside him. She’s not in the bed. There wasn’t any note when he looked around. Did Jessa leave him?

He left the bed – his bed, for he already bought the house from his friend, AJ. He is planning to go back to California on one final note: he wanted to settle down and Jessa is the one. He hasn’t told Daphne about it yet. He brought Jessa to the house to know if she likes it. It’s important that she likes the house that may be hers in the future. He’s planning to give this to her. It’s only one among the things that he wanted to do once he returns to California. He will bring his father’s business here too. Miami, though it is near the ocean and the place is nice, is still not a home for him. He wanted to go back to LA where he practically grew up.

He quickly showered and dressed up. He’s going to the spa to look for her. But damn, he doesn’t even know where she lives if it happens that she’s not there. He’s sure of that. Jessa is running away from him and she will not go to the spa if she doesn’t want to be found. That’s the only place he knew where he can find her.

He slammed his car door as soon as he got inside. He placed his head on the wheel and drew a deep breath. “Jessa, why are you making this hard for us?”

Well, it's his fault anyway. He should have told her that he is in love with her when he had the opportunity.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

please read and review. thank you. ;) mwah!