- Text Size +

Christmas was two days away now.  Nick found himself with a permanent houseguest.   But he also found that he was really enjoying her company.  He was teaching her the everyday livings of a “human”.  She was an eager student and quick learner.   They had grown extremely close during these days.  It scared Nick.  He hadn’t feel this way towards a woman in a long time.  Not since Beth.  Later in that afternoon he found her in the living room. 

“Sera, I need to go out for a bit.  You ok to be here alone for a while?” he asked her. 

“Yes, I will be fine.  I will just listen to that box on the shelf....the...st e re o..” she slowly pronounced. 

“Good!  That was good! That’s right, that’s a stereo”  he told her.   He loved that she loves music so much.  It’s one of many things they had in common. Little did Nick know her name, Seraphiel, means teaches song. 

“Ok, I’ll be back in just a little bit” he told her. 

He grabbed his keys and headed out the door.  He wanted to go out and buy a tree and buy her a few presents for her “first” Christmas.  He drove to the mall and parked his car and went shopping.

Three hours later he was pulling back into his driveway.  He unpacked all his gifts and put them in the garage for now.  He had them all wrapped at the mall so that’s one thing he didn’t have to do.  He sucked at it anyways.  He hauled the tree he had purchased into the house.  Setting it down in the living room he call out for Sera. 

“Sera!” he yelled.  “Where are you?”

Nick searched the whole house without a trace of her.  He was beginning to get worried until he saw a note on the fridge. 

Nick,
   I left you this note so that you wouldn’t worry about me.  I have been called back and I had to go.  I just wanted to thank you for being so kind to me.  I don’t know if I will ever see you again but just know this, I will never forget you. 

Sera

Nick just starred at the note after reading it.  He couldn’t believe it.  It was like some cruel joke.  God was definatly punishing him for something.  In a fit of rage he threw the tree out in the front yard and flew up the stairs to his bedroom.  Finally, not knowing what to do next he stripped down and just went to bed. 

The next day he was too depressed to even get out of bed.  He hadn’t slept much the night before.  He just kept trying to think of what he has possibly done for this to be happening to him.  He had finally realized he had fallen in love with Sera.  He spend the whole day in bed only getting up to use the bathroom.  The phone rang a few times but he just let the answering machine get it.  He didn’t feel like talking to anyone.  Finally, it was night again.  Tomorrow was Christmas day.  He thought to himself ‘I’ll just spend tomorrow like I did today’.