- Text Size +
I was a night person what could I say. I loved everything about the dark, I guess you could call me a modern day vampire.

Vampire?

Is there even such a thing? I'd like to believe there is.

It was mid October and I was walking the streets, or rather wandering. I was bored and decided on a walk, being out at night just calmed me down. Where I lived I didn't have to worry about anything happening, which was a good thing. I walked along the outside of the local park. During the day it was filled with kids, couples, and whatever else. But at night it was peaceful, calm, and thats what I liked best. I pushed open the gate and walked in. The cold breeze got to me so I zipped up my jacket and stuffed my hands into my pockets. There much better.

The street lamps illuminated the pathways, and the only sound you could hear were crickets chirping and the occasional bustle of wind flowing through the trees. I looked up at the sky as I walked, the stars were twinkling above me. I walked a little further and sat on a bench by the fountain stationed in the middle of the park.

He was lurking in the shadows searching for his next meal when he spotted her. Sitting on a bench all alone, easy target. She quickly turned when she thought she heard something but thought nothing of it and turned back around. He saw her face then, he'd never seen anything so beautiful in his life. But that's the last thing he needed another mouth to feed, another victim to teach, he didn't want that. But something inside him didn't want to hurt her she was too perfect something he never had in his former life , before he was changed. Now this is how he spent his nights lurking in the dark searching for his next target.

He came from behind the bush he was hiding and went to walk to her when she got up and started to walk up the pathway once more. In the blink of an eye he transported himself further up the pathway so he could catch up with her. I wasn't watching where I was going and walked right into someone. I looked up scared at what I might see, but that feeling quickly faded when I was met with the blue eyes of the stranger standing in front of me.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's alright." He said keeping his eyes fixated on her neck "No harm done."

"I guess I should be going." I quickly walked past him and felt him grab my arm

"No wait." I just looked at him "I won't hurt you, what is someone as pretty as you walking in the dark all alone?"

"I love the nighttime, just like a vampire would." I smiled hoping he would get the joke

"You believe in them?"

"I wouldn't say believe, but I would like to think there are some out there. It would just be amazing to see what they see."

"Would you like to find out?"

"What? Would I like to find out, are you telling me there are Vampires out there?"

"Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, in fact." He pulled his hoodie down and looked at me "I am one."

"Oh my god..." I stepped back not truely believing that the man in front of me was one of the creatures I was fascinated with. "Your for real? This isn't an early Halloween prank?"

"No I'm serious."

"Then to answer your question yes."

"Then what are we waiting for?" He reached out his hand and I took it and flinched

"Your hand is so cold."

"I know but I'm feeling it warm up." He smiled then.

We walked up the pathway and out of the park as Nick put his hoodie back over his head concealing himself.

"Why do you hide yourself?"

"So I don't get noticed, when you are what I am you tend to keep away from large crowds and stay low if you know what I mean."

"Oh I see. So do you have um...ya know...?"

"Fangs? Yes but you can only see them when I'm about to feed other than that they stay hidden."

"What's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"Being a vampire, what's it like?"

"I'm not trying to sound mean here..." He said as we walked out of the park and up the sidewalk "But why do you wanna know?"

"I dunno..." I shrugged "I guess I've always found these kind of things fascinating and I always wanted to know what it was like."

"Well I guess you could say it's a lot like being human only you can't go out in the sunlight, you sleep all day and only come out at night when you need to feed other than that they are basically the same."

I didn't see him as a threat, he was still pretty normal considering what's happened to him. I looked at him as we darted across the street to an abandoned building on the other side. I looked up at the building, windows with shattered glass, doors boarded up.

"You...you live here?"

"Not really live more like sleep, and you sure do ask alot of questions."

"I'm sorry if I'm nagging you it's just..." I looked down

Nick put his finger under my chin and lifted my face "It's alright your just curious, why couldn't I have met you when I was human?"

"I don't know."

I looked into his eyes as he leaned in and softly kissed me. He pulled away and looked up and down the street then pulled me into the alley by the building.

"Where are we going?"

"Just hold on and don't let go." He said wrapping his arms around me as I did the same transporting us inside

When I opened my eyes we were inside a dark room illuminated by a single candle. Nick turned me to look at him.

"What's your name?" He asked running his thumb across my lips

"De--Deanna..." I stuttered looking up at him

He smiled and kissed me again then pulled back to look at me "I'm Nick. So Deanna you want to see what I see?"

"Yes."

"You want to leave this world and be born again into mine?"

"Yes, Nick."

"Do you want to be my companion, my lover for all eternity?"

I contemplated it for a moment, I didn't really have much in my life at the moment, I looked up at Nick. He was willing to take me from this world and bring me into another, another world with him.

"Yes."

Nick pulled me to him and kissed me again pushing my jacket off, once it was off I wrapped my arms around his neck. In response to this he picked me up and pinned me against the wall with my legs tightly around his waist. He then moved to my neck kissing lightly, his fangs started to come down and I felt the tip of them on the base of my neck and moaned. But Nick resisted the temptation to bite.

"In due time my love, In due time..."

"Nick please..."

"First I'm going to make you mine, you want that don't you?"

I nodded my head in response. He carried me to the couch and layed me on it. He then quickly removed his jacket and shirt laying on top of me. I looked up at him running my hand through his hair.

"Make me yours Nick."

He sat up and unbuttoned his pants and I took off my clothes. He layed his naked body on top of mine as I grabbed his shoulders. He trailed his hand down my leg wrapping it around his waist. Nick steadied himself and looked down at me as he slid slowly into me. I looked at him the whole time. He began to move as I threw my head back.

"Nick...oh my god..."

"I know..."

He leant down and kissed me again and I ran my tongue across his fangs which caused him to moan. I could see his eyes turning a dark blue and his fangs becoming apparent. He forgot to mention that they show when he gets a little worked up. I'll defintiely have to keep that in mind. He bit his bottom lip groaning, I reached up and ran my fingers over them. He pinned me down and went faster kissing my neck again. I put my hands on his back as he went faster.

"Oh god..." I moaned as I felt my release coming.

Nick was becoming more aroused, I could tell. His eyes were now a dark shade of navy and his fangs were drawn all the way down and he was growling in a low voice. He looked down at me as I moaned one last time releasing around him. Nick followed me shortly after growling, as he exploded inside me he quickly sat me up and sank his fangs into my neck.

"Ohhh..." I moaned faintly closing my eyes and gripped his hair as he drank from me

I felt the blood run down my neck as I held onto him. When he was done he looked down at me again my eyes were closed, he knew he couldn't have drank too much. He would know if he did. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm better than alright my love." I said sweetly smiling up at him

He licked his lips "Your mine now and Forever."

"Now and Forever." I repeated kissing him

Hours later we walk hand in hand through the park in which he found me, that night changed so many things for me a new life, a new love, a new look on the world. And all I had to do was wander in the dark for him to find me.