- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Looking For Her
She had just left work and she was on her way to the babysitters to pick up her daughter. She was working two jobs just to get by. Every penny either went towards her house or towards her daughter Melanie. She was going to be 1 soon, she was growing up so fast. She wouldn't dare ask Mel's father for help, even though he wouldn't hesitate. But she couldn't, she wouldn't. She had never told him about Mel, she left thinking it was the right thing to do at the time. He was too young to be a father, well if you consider 25 being young.

His singing career was going so well, and she couldn't be the one to mess that up. 'Besides' she thought as she pulled into the driveway to the babysitters 'He probably has forgotten all about me.' But little did she know that he was thinking about her, she is all he ever thinks about. Ever since the day she left.

As they made their way into the hotel the other four talked amongst each other thinking of how they could find her. 'That bus ride had been too long' he thought to himself as he opened the door to his suite. 'Another night alone' he thought as he fell on the bed quickly falling asleep, thinking of her yet again. The other four were setting out with their plan to find HER.

"Where should we start looking?," AJ asked as the other three sat down at a table by the window in the corner of the room

"I don't know J, why don't we look in the phone book. She might be listed," Brian spoke up

"Ok let's go with that," Kevin said getting up from the table grabbing the phone book "Ok let's see," he said sitting back down opening the book "J...J...J," he said skimming each line "Ah ha! Jones," he said after he found it "This has to be her, it's the only Deanna Jones in here. Here D you call," Kevin said pushing the book on front of him

"Ok," he said picking up the phone dialing her number.

Ring....Ring....Ring....Ri--

"Hello?," the voice on the other end answered

"Hi, can I speak to Dee?," Howie said using the nickname they had given her.

"This is she.Wait a minute,D is that you?"

"Yeah how did you know?"

"I just did and your one of the few people who call me Dee. Are you guys in town?"

"Actually yeah but that's not why I'm calling."

"Oh god, Is this about Nick? Is he ok?"

"Oh yeah he's fine, well....not really."

"Oh I see, would this have anything to do with why I left?"

"Yeah it does. Why did you leave Dee?"

"I can't get into it over the phone."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Nick is a wreck, all he talks about is you. How could you just leave without at least saying goodbye?"

"D I told you I can't get into it, it's complicated."

"Look we wanna see you, Nick wants to see you. Why don't you you come to the hotel tomorrow? I'll let the bodyguard know your coming."

"I don't know if I can face him."

"Dee whatever it is I'm sure he'll understand."

"D I gotta go, I'll see ya tomorrow ok?"

"Ok Dee take care."

"I will, bye."

"Bye."

"Well...?," AJ spoke up as Howie hung up the phone

"Is she coming?"

"Yeah but she wouldn't tell me."

"I'm sure she'll fill us in tomorrow."

"I hope so not just for our sakes but for Nicks," Howie said sitting back in his chair.