- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
No Worries
"Come on," Nick said pulling her into the house

"Nick I can't I have to go pick up Mel."

"No you don't," he said pulling her close to him wrapping his arms around her waist

"But..."

"No buts, she's with Brian and Leigh she'll be fine. Don't worry she is in good hands. This is our night," he said bringing his hands up to her face holding her in place kissing her passionately.

She sighed against his kiss, its been a long time since he kissed her like that. Not breaking the kiss his hands left her face and slide back down to her waist resting on her hips. Their kiss intensified as they both backed up towards the sofa. She fell back first, with Nick on top of her. He looked down at her face catching his breath from their kiss they had shared just moments before.

"God I love you," he said tracing her lips with his thumb

"And I love you," she replied gazing into his bright blue eyes giving him a smile a rather sexy smile at that. He knelt down and kissed her moving ever so slowly towards her neck.

"Nick," she moaned closing her eyes "You still remember all my hot spots."

"Of course I do, How could I forget. Now," he said getting up off of her standing up "Why don't we take this upstairs and I can show ya what else I remember," he said giving that famous Carter grin holding out his hand. She looked up at him and smiled putting her hand in his as he led her upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Days had passed since that night. Nick was dealing with alot between the new album and a relationship. A relationship that he knew would last. So he went to his bandmates to ask for their approval and advice. Yes approval. The more he thought about it the more it had become clear to him and there was no life without Dee in it.

And he wanted her to be in his life always and forever. Thats why he was going to ask her to marry him. He had went to the jewelry store earlier that day and picked out the ring. It was beautiful and he knew she would love it. It was a simple silver band with three diamonds, the middle one in the shape of a heart. He also had it inscribed with the words : to our love that was once lost but never forgotten. Which was true because even though she had left there was no denying that he hadn't forgotten about her.

He had planned a party for the event and asked the guys to come. They had arrived at Dee's house just as Nick had asked. She was still at his house with him. He told her it was a party for one of the guys. Moments later they arrived. Nick walked in first followed by Dee. They were greeted with hugs from the guys, even a hug from Baylee who was playing with Mel when they arrived. It was nearing 8:00 and Nick wanted to get this over with. He tapped his glass and spoke.

"I'd like to make a toast to the most beautiful woman in this room," he said looking at her which made her blush.
He put his glass down and took her hand in his "You've made me the happiest man alive and I don't want to ever be without you again."

"Oh Nick...," she said smiling

"Wait baby I'm not finished," he said before taking a deep breath.

'Ok Nick this is it'
he said to himself as he got down on one knee pulling out the ring box.

"Deanna I love you more than life itself and I wanna be there for you and Mel always," he said letting go of her hand "So...Deanna will you marry me?," he said opening the box. She couldn't help the tears that came then though they were happy tears.

"Deanna?," Nick asked when she didn't speak.

She nodded her head and said "Yes, yes Nick I'll marry you," she said still crying. he put the ring on her finger as she kissed and hugged him.

"Oh!! It's so beautiful," Howie said grabbing a tissue

"Yeah D. TEARJERKER MOMENT!!," AJ yelled making Nick and Dee look at him and burst out laughing.