- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Wedding
Deanna stood in front of the long mirror admiring herself, she had to admit she looked good beautiful in fact. This day could not have come soon enough, in just a matter of minutes her and Nick were going to be husband and wife. She finally did something right, resurrecting a love that she thought was gone. She heard someone come in and she looked up and saw Nick. She quickly turned to face him.

"Nick you can't see me, it's bad luck," she scurried behind the partition in the dressing room

"I wanted to see you, you look beautiful."

She came from behind her sheild to look at him. "Thank you now go...," she said trying to shoo him out.

"Wait just a minute," he said grabbing her hands "You wouldn't be trying to get rid of me now would you?"

"No of course not, I could never do that." She looked up into his eyes those mesmerizing blue eyes.

"Ok I'll go," he said bringing her hand to his mouth kissing it "Don't keep me waiting."

"I'm not planning on it." She smiled as he looked back at her smiling closing the door.

The days following up to this day were so stressful. She must have seen at least a thousand dresses before she finally chose one. Then she couldn't think of what colors she wanted, or how many bridesmaids, the list just goes on. But today she wasn't nervous, she didn't have that butterfly feeling in her stomach. This was right, Nick and her were meant to be. She drapped the veil over her face, grabbed her bouquet and opened the door.


"Ready hun?," AJ asked linking her arm with his

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The doors opened and the music played. Nick looked down the aisle at her gracefully coming to him, she looked like an angel, she was his angel. He smiled as she looked down smiling, then looked back at him. When she made it to Nick, AJ lifted her veil and kissed her cheek. She placed her hand in Nicks as the preacher started.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join this man and woman in holy matrimony. If anybody has any reason why this couple should not be wed let him speak now," he said looking out at the people in the pews "Or forever hold his peace..."

There was a short pause before he continued.

"I believe the couple has written their own vows which each will now recite."

Brian handed Nick a piece of paper and he unfolded it.

"Deanna...," he began looking at her briefly then adverted his gaze back to the paper in his hands "When we met it was love at first sight. Throughout the years we have been through so much, and those things have only made us stronger."

He paused again and looked at her giving her a smile.

"My world changed when you came into my life, it changed when you left, and it changed again when you came back into it. Deanna I've always loved you, hoped that you would come back to me, and with the help of some friends you did. And for that I thank you, I thank you for loving me, for being a dear friend, and for giving me our daughter Melanie. You two are the jewels in my life and without you I don't know what I'd do."

He looked at her again handing the paper to Brian, he took her hands in his.

"With that said all I have left to say is that I love you." He smiled as her eyes welled with tears.


She handed her bouquet to Leighanne and wiped her eyes taking the paper.

"Nick...," she started looking at him "It has been my dream to find a good man to take care of me and I found that in you." She smiled at him before continuing "You believed in me when others didn't, protected me when people misjudged me, but most of all you loved me. And for that I'm very grateful to be able to call you my husband. I promise to always be honest with you, be there for you, and to love you as much as you love me."

Nick just looked at her as she spoke, the words drowned out by her beauty.

"I love you Nick so much." She placed her hand in his again and smiled.

Brian handed Nick the ring and he placed it on her finger.

"With this ring I promise to love you always," he said bringing her hand to his mouth kissing it as she smiled. She took his ring from Leighanne placing it on his finger.

"With this ring I hold you to that promise."

He just smiled. "I now pronouce you husband and wife," he said looking from Nick to her then back at Nick "You may kiss the bride." Nick walked to her and cupped her face deeply kissing her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. The pews erupted in applause as Nick picked her up as she giggled.

"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Carter." She kissed him as he carried her down the aisle.

Later on that night in the safety of their hotel room Deanna and Nick were snuggled together under the covers. She had her head on his cheat and his hand was buried in her hair stroking softly. She sighed happily.

"This is the happiest day of my life."

"I know baby mine too."

"Nick...?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too. I'll always love you," he said laying on top of her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck looking up at him "Always?"

"Always." Nick leant down and softly kissed her as she closed her eyes.

Nick and Deanna are still together and their love is stronger than ever.