- Text Size +

 

 

Anna held her breath when she heard that response. Intin told her once about Nick’s sisters, where they are and what they are doing and how their brother played his role to them very well. Nick might have told them about her and they are now trying to get to know their brother’s girlfriend.

“Are you still there?” BJ asked.

“Yes, I’m here. Hi, I’m Anna.” She bit her lower lip. What do they want from her?

“I know, Nick told me. Actually, he told me a lot about you ever since he came back here. How are you?” There was cheerfulness in BJ’s voice. Anna held her guard. As Intin told her, Nick’s sisters were very fond of their brothers and how they became protective of Nick since the last scandal he had from his ex-girlfriend.

“I’m fine, doing well. And you? How are you and your sisters? I just got through talking with Nick before you called. I’m surprised.” She admitted.

“We’re fine.” BJ said on the other line. “Nick’s in the studio with the guys. I’ll be meeting him tomorrow because we’re flying to Florida to see Angel and Aaron.”

“How did you get my number?”

“I took it from Nick’s phone when he wasn’t around.” There was a chuckle on the other line. “I was curious,” was the direct reply. “My brother’s talking a lot about you and he had this stupid look and a mushy grin on his face. I and my sisters and Aaron already knew about you and as Nick told us, we promised not to tell anyone. Are you sure about this, Anna? I mean, it’s a long-distance relationship plus you’re from different cultures. Don’t you find it hard?”

“No. I love your brother.”

“I’m a very frank person, Anna. I hope you’re sincere. I hope that you’re far from the women he’s dated in the past. He had enough and we’re not going to let it happen again. Excuse me but I’m just concerned…”

“It’s okay. I understand. Nick and I were actually just talking about it earlier. He said that he learned a lot from the past and that he cared a lot about me. I feel the same way, too. And I’m not going after anything about him, like his fame or money. I’m just a simple person, BJ. My happiness lies in the simplicity of things. My parents may have deprived me the feeling of being in a family but I won’t let it get into me. If they don’t like me, I’ll move on with my life. Nick gives me the feeling of having someone who cares about me and I appreciate it so much. I’m not a fan, BJ.”

“Yeah, he told me that particularly,” BJ added.

“Yes, and I’ve told him on the first time that he said that he likes me a lot that I’m far from his league.”

“That’s crazy. That’s unfair, Anna. What league are you talking about? Nick may be a celebrity here but he’s just like any other person. I know that. I’m his sister.”

“Yes, I know. Nick got mad when I said that. You can’t blame me, BJ. We’re different. I’m just some unknown girl and he’s this big-shot celebrity. We’re of different cultures. I tried to explain it to him and he understood. We tried to get to know each other when he asked me out for dinner. From there, I came to realize that yeah, he’s just like any other ordinary man.”

“How are you going to see each other again? I heard that you have a job that always keeps you busy.”

“We don’t know, BJ, actually. Right now, we’re just taking baby steps at a time in this relationship. We’re still trying to get to know more about each other. We understand each other and both our situation. As Nick said, maybe in the right time, we’ll see each other again. But for now, we’re trying to be content that we have each other, we cared a lot for each other even though we’re far apart. As weird as it may be, we’re content on this kind of relationship right now.” Anna didn’t know where she get the courage to tell that to Nick’s sister but she thinks that BJ has the right to know to real deal about their relationship. It may sound weird and unusual for some people but she and Nick were contented in this arrangement for now. They didn’t know what the future holds for them; they’re not looking forward for anything yet. To have each other is the only thing that is important for now.

“Well, I hope things will work out well for you and Nick. And I hope we can meet you someday. The pictures in his phone are not enough,” BJ chuckled. Anna blushed. Nick’s sister can be a little naughty when she wants to.

“He showed it to you?”

“We sneaked on his phone and looked at you.” BJ replied. “Angel, being Nick’s favorite sister,” there’s another chuckle on that, “wants to see you and will fly to your country if only she could. She’s protective over Nick, more than we do. Be careful of her.”

“Did she get my number, too?”

“Yes.”

“Then I’ll wait for the time that she’ll call me.” Anna chuckled. She didn’t know why she’s enjoying this conversation with BJ as the time goes by. Maybe because Nick’s sister made her feel comfortable but still there’s an insinuation that she’s also being protective of her brother and at the same time, she showed respect to their relationship. She appreciates that. She hopes that the rest of Nick’s siblings would be like BJ so that when the media finds out about her, there are people she can turn to for advices on how to deal with them. Being in a relationship with Nick is a big risk but she will try to overcome whatever hardships that will come their way. She would like to be ready for that.



~~~



Nick was laughing when he and his friends went out of a restaurant in LA. They were immediately met by the waiting paparazzi outside and flashes of light started. Nick sighed inwardly. This is one of the things that he doesn’t want Anna to go through but he knew that once they learn about her, she will receive a great deal of attention whether she likes it or not. For now, he’s happy that they were still able to keep their relationship a secret.

“Hi, Nick.” One paparazzo said as the cameras flicked.

“How’s the new album going?”

“Fine,” he only replied with a smile. He stopped with his friends as they waited for their other companion who was still inside the restaurant. Two fans came and asked for his autograph and pictures in which he complied. He smiled at them after that. His friend finally came out of the restaurant and they started towards his car. The paparazzi continue to take pictures of him. He knew it will worsen when he saw a familiar car stopped in front of him. The rider must have not seen him as she went out of the car. Laila Newton, his last girlfriend, who only went out with him to get attention from the media for her plans to be famous.

Laila was surprised to see him when she went out of her car. She looked at Nick for a moment and before she knew it, Nick turned away and walked with his friends. She heard him laughing with them, as if she’s being laughed at. The paparazzi continually took pictures of her. Others followed Nick to his car.

“How does it feel seeing her again, Nick?”

“No comment,” Nick smiled to them and went to the driver’s seat. It actually doesn’t matter to him if he saw Laila again, together with her new boyfriend, a film producer. This is one of those moments when he wished he could tell the world about his girlfriend but he chose not to. Anna deserves her privacy and he wanted it that way.