- Text Size +

 

 

Nick couldn’t complain when he saw the itinerary for next week. Kevin and Howie got to talk with the coordinators of the fan club and amazingly, they found a hotel that can sponsor their accommodations. Furthermore, a couple of fans were able to provide a tour package for them on a getaway trip to an exotic island in the country upon their request. He read the details once again. They have interviews with MTV Asia and an intimate concert with the fans in an exclusive venue. The intimate concert will be taped and will be produced as another home video for sale. There will also be a fan conference at some hotel’s function room and afterwards, a getaway trip to a private island at the south of Manila.

He’s going to the beach. A private island without any media is pretty interesting for him. He wanted that kind of seclusion.

“You’re not yet packed.” Aaron noticed his brother and the paper Nick is holding in his hand. He’s going to take care of the house while Nick is away.

“I will do that later.” Nick takes out his mobile phone and began dialing numbers.

“By the way, Sue called. She’s wishing you a happy trip.” Aaron said as he sits on one of the couches and concentrated on his pint of ice cream.

“How did she know I’m leaving?” Sue is one of his close friends and just like Jean, others thought they went out. What’s the matter in going together in some award show? He only wanted to go, and so did Sue. And they agreed to come together. Geez. What’s wrong with these people?

Aaron rolled his eyes. “Duh, news? Nancy made it sure that your trip to Asia for a video taping will be heard by everyone. I heard Paris was so ticked because you got more project than she does now.” He smirked. “She never got enough of that competition with you. But who’d last longer if one started in a sex video scam anyway? Everyone got tired of her and her publicity gimmicks.”

“That’s what you call Karma.” Nick added. Somebody answered on the other line. “Yo, Brent. Let’s go party tonight…”



~~~



“Where’s that kid?” Howie frowned as he looked at his watch. If there’s one thing that he hates, it’s tardiness. Being the businessman that he is, he’s keen when it comes to professionalism and punctuality. That’s one of the things that make the Backstreet Boys the last boy band standing, as AJ carefully put it.

“Nick’s coming, don’t worry.” Kevin muttered but silently prayed that their youngest friend would come sooner. It’s the last call for boarding time. They all got settled on a Northwest Airlines flight to Manila in first class section. Everyone’s complete except Nick.

Howie turned when AJ yelped as he accidentally dropped his PDA. A flight attendant was in immediate rescue to pick it up. “Thank you so much,” he heard AJ says and silently cursed when he saw his PDA’s cover went loose.

“Would you like me to help you with that, Sir?” The same female flight attendant asked him.

AJ looked up. “Do you know how to fix this?”

“I’m into gadgets and small technologies and I have one exactly like yours.” The attendant muttered her thanks when AJ gave her his PDA. She quickly did something on it and the PDA went back to its normal function. “Here it is, Sir.”

“Thank you. You’re amazing. Too bad, I already had a girlfriend.” AJ shakes her hand.

“I’ve got a boyfriend, too.” The attendant excused herself and turned to the other people in the first class to check on their seatbelts and personal hand carry.

“She’s good.” AJ told Howie. He takes one last look at the flight attendant.

Howie smiled and heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Nick running inside and collapsing beside AJ’s seat. Brian, who’s sitting in front of the two, turned to him. “You made it, Nick! Give me five.” Nick smiled and slapped high fives with his best friend. Howie rolled his eyes. He buckled his seatbelt and turned to the laptop in front of him. He couldn’t understand why Nick would not even work hard to show interest in this project but then, Nick never liked to go to this part of the world either. Howie sighed once again.

“You almost didn’t make it, man. What took you so long?” AJ whispered to Nick as the plane began to taxi on the runway. “Howie’s pissed again.”

“He always is.” Nick said. “Anyway, get this.” He smirked as he gets something from his backpack. AJ laughed. “What?”

“What are you doing with those travel guides? What’s the sudden interest with the Philippines?”

“The beaches, man!” Nick excitedly said. His seatmate raised an eyebrow. “What? You’re pissed when I don’t show interest. Now that I’m looking forward to it, you’re giving me that look. What am I supposed to do now?”

AJ shakes his head. “No, it’s alright, Nick. I just can’t understand your frame of mind sometimes. Anyway, I got to tell you about this lovely flight attendant.” He looked around and saw none. Oh, the plane is ascending. That’s why. She’s buckled on her seat too. “She’s not here. You should meet her…”