- Text Size +

 

 

Anna stared at the mobile phone that her friend let her borrow to her. Her friend, Lisa, knew about her plan on trying to see Nick at the Rockefeller Center. Lisa will pick her up in an hour and she left the phone to Anna for easy contact. When Nick left earlier, Marcus already know what to do. He took her to a black car and brought her to Four Seasons Hotel where she was told that the Boys are staying. Now, she’s in a suite, sitting quietly in a sofa. The place is clean, far from what she heard from Intin that Nick is the messy one. The housekeeper probably cleaned the room.

She dialed Lisa’s number. Her friend answered it on the first ring. “Lisa, I’m at the Four Seasons.”

“What are you doing there?”

“One of their bodyguards saw me, as well as Nick and AJ. I was taken here and he told me not to leave.”

“Aren’t you? Am I still going to pick you up or that depends on what will happen later?” Lisa asks.

Anna drew a deep breath. “I’m nervous. It’s been a long time and Nick seemed not to like it when he saw me.”

“Are you sure?”

“I don’t know...” She bit her lower lip. She glanced at the closed door. It’s been a torment to just sit down and wait and not knowing what will happen when Nick comes back and talks with her. Her heart beats fast when she heard faint footsteps at the hall. “Wait, someone’s coming. I’ll talk to you later. Don’t pick me up here. I’ll just go home later.” As soon as she ended the call, the door opened and she saw a young woman and a man come inside. They stopped with their conversation when they saw her.

“What are you doing here?” Angel asks.

“Nick asked me to wait for him here.” Anna replied. She stood up and walked towards them. She extended her hand for a handshake. “Hi, my name is Anna.”

Angel stared at her hand and back to her while Aaron shakes his head and took Anna’s hand. “My name is Aaron and this is my twin, Angel. It’s nice to have finally met you.”

“Likewise,” Anna tried to smile.

“Yeah, me too,” Angel said, taking her hand and shook it. She studied Anna. “What happened?”

"It's a long and complicated story." Anna replied. "But just to make things short, I made my dad and my uncle be convicted for the death of my sister, and among other things. Everyone feasted on me and I need to get away from that. My friend here offered me a job and a temporary place to live. I didn’t get the chance to tell Nick because things happened so fast. I tried a few times but wasn’t able to reach him until I finally got here. I haven’t had enough money that I really have to work hard, plus the fact that my phone was stolen at the airport when I got here.”

The two only stared at her. It was Aaron who first spoke.

“Well, that was still a long story,” he smiled to her. “Did you already eat?”

“I’m not hungry. Thank you for asking.” They turned when they heard voices at the corridor. Anna already anticipated that the Boys’ party has arrived. She braced herself for the forthcoming confrontation as her heart beats faster. “They must have already arrived. Why are you here?” She turned the question to the twins.

“Nick brought us here and he invited us for dinner.” Angel replied. “We’re just waiting for him to come back.”

Anna shivered from the cold weather again and she tried to hide it. But Aaron and Angel noticed that and exchanged looks. “He’s a good brother. He tells me a lot about you and how he cares for each one of you.” Anna tells the two. “You’re lucky to have him.”

“You should have been lucky, too.” Aaron said, “but things get in the way and you can’t even give Nick the chance to take care of you.”

Anna looked at the twins. “Yes, I know that. I should’ve been lucky.” She said, almost in a whisper. They turned when the door opened and Nick is on the door.

“Okay, out, you, two, for a while,” Nick tells Angel and Aaron. But Angel didn’t budge as she only stood on the side, fidgeting and biting her lower lip. Nick glared at her. “Angel, please.” She hesitated for a while before going to Aaron. The twins followed their brother and went out of the room. He saw the people outside looking at him with curiosity. He doesn’t care.

“Nick, I think she’s sick. I mean, fever.” Angel tells him.

Nick didn’t say anything as he closed and locked the door. “What are you doing here?” He asks Anna.

Anna felt intimidated by the way Nick’s presence has brought the awkward mood in the room. He’s near yet seemed so far and unreachable. “I only came to see you, even from afar. I’m not expecting to be entertained and be brought here or whatsoever.”

Nick didn’t say anything as he only stood within a distance from her, his arms akimbo.

Anan didn’t like the silence between them. “I hope you’ll say anything. I don’t know why you wanted me to be here. I’m so sorry, Nick, for the things I’ve done and neglecting the relationship that we’ve had.”

There was still silence. They stared at each other for a while. “What’s wrong with you?” Nick asked.

“Huh?”

Nick sighed. “You looked sick.” Actually, she looked pale.

”Oh, I’m just getting out of it. I’m fine.” Anna pulled her jacket closer. “I don’t see any reason to stay here anymore. I’m leaving. It’s been nice seeing you again.” She tried not to cry. She bit her lower lip.

Nick watched as she stepped closer and hugged him. I love you, Anna thought silently as her body touched his. She felt his warmth as he held her close, his fingers ran through her hair. She closed her eyes. She’s still sniffing from her colds, her eyes moist and her temperature warm. She sighed. She wanted to lie down and rest. She really should be going now.

“You’re not well, Anna,” Nick says. He looked down to her and checked on her clothes. Beneath the jacket were layers of shirts just to keep her warm. She’s not used to this cold weather, he thought in concern.

“I’m fine.” Anna pulled away. “Thanks for listening.” She said softly. Nick noticed how she tried to conceal her tremble.

“Anna, don’t be stubborn now. You’re not fine. You’re cold. You’re trembling.” He stopped talking when she looked up to him.

“I’m sorry. I know it’ll be too much. I’m just really cold.” Anna quietly said. She shivered.

“Ssshh...” Nick nodded as he gestured her towards the nearby sofa. This is one of the things that he wanted to do for her – taking care of her. For months of being away from each other and keeping the feelings to himself, he realized that nothing changed. He still has this special feeling for her, this deep emotion that Kevin and Brian reminded him more often. He is still deeply in love with Anna.