- Text Size +

 

 

 

“What do you think is going on?” Kevin asked Howie when he gets out of his hotel room and found the latter in the hall.

Howie looked at him. “They’re still probably talking. It wasn’t long since we arrived anyway.”

Kevin sighed. “I’m just thinking about those two, you know.” They turned when the door from Nick’s room opened and he came out with a look of worry in his face.

“What happened?” Kevin and Howie almost asked at once.

Nick ran his fingers through his hair. “I need a doctor. Anna is sick.”

In an instant, Kevin and Howie moved. Kevin went back to his room to get his wife while Howie followed Nick. Anna is sitting on the sofa and she looked up when they entered. “Oh my... I told Nick that I can manage to go home. I have to go home. Don’t bother about me anymore.”

Howie ignored what she said and felt her forehead. “We will make sure that you’ll be home safe.” He sits beside her. “How are you, Anna? It’s been a long time.” Just as he said that, the door opened again and Kevin and his wife entered.

Anna wondered before why would Intin and her friends go gaga over these men. Now, she knows. They are very nice and caring people. They won’t leave anyone out of trouble and will help anyone as much as they can. And being talented is a given trait plus the obvious fact that their presence can make any woman go weak-kneed because of their good looks.

“I’m fine-“

“She’s trembling from the cold weather,” Nick cut in. “I don’t want her to go out there alone and cold.”

“We can take a car service from the hotel to take Anna home,” Kevin says.

“Can’t you stay here, at least for tonight?” It was Kristin.

“I have a flight tomorrow.” Anna replied. She sniffed.

“Flight? Are you going home to Manila?” Nick asked, almost in a panic.

Anna turned to him. “I’ll just go to my uncle for Thanksgiving, Nick. I’m not going home yet.”

“Where?” He asks her again.

“LA,” she tells him.

“LA? On Thanksgiving?” Nick exclaimed. He won’t be back in LA until next week and he wants to be with her. He thought he can be with her now that he’s in New York but she’s leaving tomorrow to go to the place he now calls home and then when he gets back there, she’s probably back to New York then. They won’t see each other. It’s frustrating.

“Yes, and so?” Anna shakes her head. She hates it when it’s obvious that he still cares for her and he won’t say anything about it or confirming it. And now, he’d expect her to say something about her travel plans to LA.

“Yeah. Why, Nick? What’s wrong with that?” Kristin asked him with a frown. “You act as if she’s still your girlfriend.”

Nick didn’t say anything. He turned around and went out of the room. Anna stood up. “I’m so sorry that I’ve been a bother to all of you. I have to go now.” She’s disappointed that Nick didn’t do or say anything when Kristin questioned him. There’s really no chance to hope for anything now. Nick made his choice to hold back and let her go. She’ll do the same thing.

“We won’t let you go unless we take you home.” Howie said.

“Yes. Howie is right.” Kevin said, too. Anna wanted to protest that they shouldn’t bother about her but the look from Kevin stopped her. She may not know them well but she can feel when is the right time to do or say something around them, especially now. They’re not going to accept any protest from her; they simply wanted to help and were concerned of her. Today, the three elder people only wanted her to do as they say for her own sake.

“Thank you.” She followed Kristin towards the door. When they opened it, Nick is just about to come in. She met his look.

“The front desk has already prepared a car. I’ll take it from here. I’ll take Anna home.” Nick told them. Anna missed the glare from the other three that they have given Nick. When she turned to them, they are smiling.

“Thanks for the concern,” she accepted the hugs and kisses from the three. In the next moment, she’s walking with Nick down the hall towards the elevator.