- Text Size +

 

 

 

Nick is only silent as Anna tells the driver the directions to the place she's staying. When things are done, she settled back to her seat and closed her eyes. She pulled the jacket that Kristin has given her, closer around her.

"Can you lower the air conditioning?" Nick asks the driver. She opened her eyes. "Thank you, sir." Anna turned to him and found him looking at her. "Are you okay now?" He softly asks her.

"It's a bit warmer now. Thank you."

"I haven't asked you yet. How are you?"

"I'm fine. And you? You really grew thin."

"I'm fine. And don't worry. I eat well and I do exercise." When she only stared at him, he continued. "You used to ask me about that, Anna. You were concerned about my health when you heard the rumor that I'm bulimic." He chuckled. "That's really funny, you know. I'm far from that. I love to eat."

Anna smiled. "You actually looked different, Nick."

"I looked different today," Nick corrected her. "You may ask AJ and the other guys about that." Anna didn't say anything. Nick started to trace her face lightly with his fingers. "I miss you, Anna."

"Nick, believe me when I say that I miss you, too." She tells him.

Nick pulled her closer to him for a warm embrace. Anna closed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him. She loves this man but she didn't know how to say it. She didn't even know how to tell him if there is a chance between them again. He doesn't show any hint about that.

When Nick tries to kiss her, she turned away. "Nick, I'm sick. You might catch it."

Nick sighed as he pulled away from her. "I'm free for the rest of the day. Let me take care of you, Anna."



~~~



"What happened to you?" AJ asks when he spotted Nick walking down the hall. He just came out from his room. They can hear the noise coming from the inside.

"What's going on in there?" Nick asks him instead.

"I'm having a party. The rest of the gang is there. It's not everyday that I get to have the biggest suite, you know."

Nick smiled. The party won't be any problem since they occupy the whole floor of that hotel. No one will complain. But he didn't expect AJ to be throwing a party just because he happened to have the biggest suite. "I'll go to my room. Goodnight, AJ."

"Huh?" That wasn't expected from Nick. He always goes to AJ’s parties. "What happened to you? How is Anna?"

"I took care of her until her friend arrived. She's sick. Then I helped her pack her things to bring to LA tomorrow."

"Are you together again?"

Nick shakes his head. "I don't know if I'm ready for that now, J."

"Did she ask you about that?" AJ asks.

"No.”

“Nick, do you still feel something for her?” AJ started to get irritated. He felt that he has a special connection with Anna since he’s the closest person that Faye has been with before she died and she told him great things about her sister. He felt as if she entrusted him to look after Anna now that she’s gone. He felt like an older brother to Anna and it angers him that Nick obviously still wanted Anna back but he’s holding on to something. And AJ feels that Anna still have feelings towards his friend. But of course, she’s a woman and she won’t let do the confession first with regards to her feelings. He learned that a long time ago.

“Yes...” Nick was surprised when AJ suddenly grabbed the neckline of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. “Hey!”

“Nick, that’s Faye’s sister and you know how her death deeply affects me. Now, I don’t want you messing it up with her sister! Anna is a good person. If you like her, tell her. If you don’t, tell her. Please, don’t make things hard for her. She suffered enough.” AJ let go of him. “The next time I do something for Anna’s sake, I’m going to make your nose bleed, Nick. Do what you have to do. Be a man.”

Nick drew a deep breath as he watched AJ walked back towards his room. He saw the door was open and Kevin looking at him. “I’m not the only one being a big brother here, Nick.” Kevin said then went inside. AJ didn’t turn around as he close the door behind him.

Nick stood alone in the hall. He’s afraid that’s why he couldn’t tell Anna about his feelings. When he saw her again today, hope surged for a chance with her again. But it seems like it’s easier to say it than do it. There are many things to consider: his family, his career, his fans and the media. He wanted his family, every one of them, to like her. He doesn’t have a problem with the management because it’s not part of his contract with them that they will meddle about their private relationships. He wanted his fans to accept Anna, on the other hand. He remembered Marcus telling him earlier that she was about to get picked on by some fans just in time that the bodyguard showed up. And last, he wanted the media to respect his privacy and that they will leave Anna alone.

He didn’t tell AJ, and Anna, that he talked to their manager before he went back to the hotel. He asked Kenneth and Jared if he can go home to LA on Thanksgiving. He wanted to spend more time with her. He wanted to get the right time to overcome the fact that he’s afraid in confessing his feelings. He didn’t have that luxury of time right now, especially when they are on tour and promoting their new album. He checked on their schedule and that they have an evening show on the day after. He planned to take the earliest flight by the next day. He talked about his plans to them and it was impossible. It’s the peak season and the flights from New York to LA, vice versa, are full. He wasn’t given the permission then. He’s expecting it but then, he tried his chance earlier. Still, the management said no.

Nick bit his lower lip as he slowly walked towards his room. He already cancelled his schedule with Aaron and Angel. He’s thankful that the two understand, especially Angel. He’s going to deal with them later. Right now, he wanted to be alone.



~~~



“Wait...” Nick drew a deep breath as he wears his jogging pants and draped the bath towel over his shoulder. He just came out from the shower when there were consecutive knocks on the door. “Who are you?” He opened the door and his mouth fell open.

“Surprise!”

He stared at the newcomer. “Julie?” He was more surprised when she stepped closer and gave him a full kiss in the mouth.