- Text Size +

 

 

“I’m glad that it’s okay that I sit here to chat with you.” AJ told Faye. “You just reminded me of my cousin.” He watched as Faye only smiled and sets aside the magazine she’s reading. He easily convinced Rhiz to change seats with him for a while because he wanted to know Faye more. He didn’t know why but he thinks that she has a problem. He didn’t know why he wants to help. Maybe, she just really reminded him of his cousin, Julia. And he missed his cousin because she's in Orlando right now and recuperating from a vehicular accident.

“I’m glad Rhiz is okay with this. I hope she doesn’t have any heart problems.”

“Don’t worry. Nick is sleeping. That’s my friend. He’s also part of the group and he hates flying. He tries to catch up some sleep because I think he went out with some of his buddies last night.” AJ opened a pack of M&Ms he brought along for her. “How many months are you pregnant?”

“Three.” Faye sighed heavily.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Faye looked at him. “Okay. I know, we just met.” AJ added. “But maybe I can somehow give you advice. I’d like to be your friend. Don’t worry about anything more. I have a girlfriend back home and I love her.”

She hesitantly bit her lower lip. AJ noticed that she’s about to cry. Something’s really wrong. “I’m three months pregnant and my family doesn’t know. They might disown me if they found out that the father of this baby ran away from his responsibility with me.”

AJ frowned. That bastard, whoever that man was! “Faye, hush.” He takes her hand. “Why won’t your parents accept you? It’s not that you aborted it or something.” Faye began telling him about her conservative family and how they try to protect the family’s reputation. Being the accidental mother that she calls herself now, Faye thinks that her family will not accept her and the baby and she will only put them to shame.

“I wished that my sister, Anna, is with me. I need her. You know, my sister is one of the strongest people I’ve ever known. I missed her.” Her voice trembled.

AJ gathered her close to him and embraced her. “It’s going to be alright, Faye. Trust me. And believe in God.” He began telling her about his story in dealing with his addiction and his journey to revitalize himself and renew his faith.



~~~~



“Hey.” AJ smiled to Faye when he saw her at the arrival area of the international airport in Manila. They already arrived and although the Boys are now being rushed towards their hotel service, AJ takes one last chance to bid goodbye to his newfound friend. “Good luck.” He hugs her. “It will be alright. Trust Him.”

Faye smiled. “Thanks.”

AJ nodded and followed his bodyguard towards where their group is. They heard screams from the outside. “Is that ours?” His excitement surged from within as he heard the loud noise and seemingly, there’s a band playing their song outside too. He turns around and found the curious stares of the people to them. Okay, they knew them. This is far different from the reception they had from the last time they were in Manila.

“Most likely. Nancy just met the representatives of Sony-BMG and the head coordinator of the fan club.” Howie smiled. They tried to listen to what the head of security were instructing them about their route towards the waiting transportation outside the arrival area. It must be serious.

“I was informed that the security here was doubled because there’s another VIP with us in our flight.” Jim, the head security, said. He smiled. “Ready?”

AJ only nodded and turned around. He saw Faye walking out of the arrival area and smiled to him. He smiled back and the next thing he knew, he’s being told to move to go out too. It seemed like chaos outside. There are so many fans, waving their banners to them. There’s a marching band playing their song. It was some sort of a festival. His mind is in blur. Nick nudged him and smiled. The younger one likes the reception and so did he. There were women, dressed in some sort of a national costume, and put flower necklaces on them. There were also some people who were introduced to them as representatives of the recording company and the fan club but he forgot their names.

AJ pointed to Nick where Faye is. He introduced the woman to him during the flight. “She’s really pretty.” Nick tells him.

“Yes. She told me that you’re cute and made sure that I tell that to you.” AJ chuckled.

Nick watched as she was escorted by some men in uniforms. “Oh, she has bodyguards too? Who is she here?” Then his eyes widened when as soon as the car door was shut, it exploded. Everyone scrambled into safety. Even they were immediately pushed back inside the arrival area for protection by their bodyguards. But Nick’s eyes widened when he saw AJ struggled to let go and ran outside. He heard him yelling.

“Save her! Save her! She’s pregnant!” Nick heard him and ran towards his friend but AJ’s bodyguards beat him to it. AJ tried to go to the car but was stopped. He keeps on shouting Faye’s name. The airport was in tragedy. The car exploded once again. “Oh my God! Faye!”

 

Chapter End Notes:

thank you for reading. ;) mwah!