- Text Size +

 

 

Anna frowned as her friend, Intin, dragged her inside the Renaissance Hotel. She was told that her friend is going to meet some international artist at the hotel in which she doesn’t have any idea who. Intin also asked her if she could write a feature about these people on the magazine she works for. They were classmates, way back in college. “I’m a travel journalist, Intin. I write about places not people.” She continued trying to tell her friend. But being the persistent person that she is, Intin ignored her quiet pleas not to take her to the hotel.

“They’re great. Just wait until you hear them sing tonight. I got special passes for you. Once you meet and hear them, you’ll like them.” Intin said. There were lots of media in the lobby who were also probably there for these people.

“Who are these people anyway?”

“Backstreet Boys.”

Anna stopped. She stepped back. “Do you realize who they are? They’re the people who were with my sister before she died.” She groaned. “No, Intin. Don’t do this to me. It’s been really hard.”

“That’s why I’m taking you here. I want you to meet AJ. He’s a nice guy. And I know he’d like to meet the sister. He’s been really devastated from what happened.”

“There’s no need to remind me that. I saw his expression on TV. Please, Intin…” She tried to step back but her friend only gave her a pleading look too. Intin was about to speak when they heard someone calling her. It was a woman with short blonde hair.

“Nancy, hi.” Intin shook hands with the newcomer. “I would like you to meet Anna Gomez. She’s the travel journalist that I promised you who will give the briefing about the Boys’ excursion in El Hombre Island.”

“Hi, Anna. It’s nice to meet you. The Boys are preparing for their video shoot later and we need this travel briefing to get over with. They are busy in a fan conference at the function room right now.” Nancy pulled her towards the elevators. “They are excited for a private getaway, especially Nick Carter. Intin arranged a wonderful tour package and with her presentation today, she promised me to bring you along. I believe that she mentioned your expertise aside from the fact that you’re Faye’s sister.”

“Yes, I am.” Anna glanced quickly to her friend who only smiled. “Uh, is it okay if Intin and I would have a quick briefing before the presentation? It seemed nerve-wracking considering that the gentlemen seemed very excited about the side trip. We’d like to polish some things first.”

“Oh, okay.” Nancy glanced at her watch. “We’ll be waiting for you at the conference room in fifteen minutes.”

“That would be nice. Thank you so much.” Anna sweetly replied. When Nancy left, she turned to glare at Intin. “Are you nuts? You want me to present an itinerary that I don’t have any idea about?” They walked towards the nearby café inside the hotel. “Give me the details and I’d like to review it first. You owe me, Intin, big time.”

“I know you can do this. You’re the only person I know that can present a tour package to them without getting nervous. I know I can’t do it by myself, considering that I might stutter merely just by seeing Nick’s face. You know it already, Anna. I don’t want to mess up.”

“Do you think I won’t?” Anna sighed. Her mobile phone rang.

“Yes. I believe in your confidence. I’m excellent with the documentation as you are with the presentation. We were a team in college, remember?” Intin stopped talking when Anna answered the call from her phone. She watched as her friend frowned and argued with someone over the phone. When the call ended, Anna shakes her head endlessly. “Anything wrong?”

“I can’t believe this! Is this some kind of a divine intervention?” Anna exclaimed that the people nearby turned to her in curiosity. She sighed.

Intin shrugged. “What about?”

“My boss wanted me to go to Palawan, too. And she even happened to learn about you and this project of yours. She asked me if I can get a hold of some sort of an interview with these men on that island.”

Intin’s eyes widened. “No way! The Boys wanted privacy. They will surely disagree. Did you know that even Kevin and Brian’s family would be arriving tomorrow just to spend this private getaway with them? Anna…”

“I know. This is a problem.” Anna bit her lower lip. “We just can’t tell them about this. I’m not part of your plans. I understand that. I don’t want to give you problems, too.” She takes the Boys’ itinerary to Palawan from Intin. She reads the details. “Do you think it would be effective if I hinted something about going there too as part of my job?”

“Maybe you can say it as part of your presentation.” Intin stared at Anna. Both of them smiled at each other. “We can do this, Anna. Oh, thank you very much for helping me on this. And I envy you for spending a few days with my favorite Boys. I wish I can go but I got so much work here.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll update you with pictures.” Anna turns back to the itinerary in her hand. “Come on. Let’s get this project started.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

please read and review. thank you. ;)