- Text Size +
** Flashback **

2000

Nick and I were invited to AJ's house for a party. I hesitated at first afraid of what my boyfriends friends would think of me.

"Don't worry they are gonna love you," Nick said placing a tender kiss on my forehead

"I know it's just I've never met any of your friends before let alone your 'brothers'."

"Well thats cause I wanted you all to myself," he teased pulling me close to him smiling down at me. I couldn't help but laugh

"Ok I'll go, where are we going again?"

"AJ's he's throwing a pool party."

"Oh...," she looked down. He knew what she was thinking, she never did feel comfortable in a bathing suit let alone being in one around his friends.

"Baby can you forget your insecurities for one day please? For me? These guys are like family, and I'll make sure nobody teases you ok?," he said pressing his forehead against mine

"Ok Nicky."

"Now..," he pulled away and pushed me in the direction of the stairs "Go put that bathing suit on and let's go." I looked back at him and smiled going upstairs.


Half an hour later we arrived at AJ's house, it was nice. It sat by itself no other houses really surrounded it except for one a few blocks down. I felt the car stop and saw Nick get out, he opened my door and helped me out. I took his hand as we walked up the gravel pathway to the back of the house.

"Sup' guys?," Nick said opening the gate

"Nick what's up man?," AJ said coming towards him hugging him "Glad you could make it."

As AJ let Nick go he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the backyard.

"Guys...," he began "this is my girlfriend Deanna."

I smiled weakly.

"Hi the names Kevin Nick's told us so much about you," he said shaking my hand. "Hey cous come over here and meet Nick's girlfriend."

"Be there in a min---whoa...," when he saw her he was mesmerized. To him she was beautiful, but deep down he knew he didn't have a chance seeing as she was with Nick.

"Hey I'm Brian," he said in his southern accent

"Hi. I'm Deanna Nick's girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you, you really lucked out Nick she's a dime."

Nick smiled and pulled me to him "Don't I know it," he softly kissed me and walked over to where his friends were. Leaving me standing there with Brian.


"So...um...how long have you been with Nick?"

"A year."

Nick came back over and pulled me with him "Come on baby I'm starving."

"Bye Brian nice to meet you," I said as I followed Nick. He made me a plate and himself one and we sat at the table.

"It's so good to see you happy Kaos," Howie spoke up

"Thanks D she makes me happy," he said taking my hand bringing it to his mouth and lightly kissing it, I smiled.

After we ate we sat around and talked for a while and I met Howie's and Kevin's wives. They were so nice. And now I sat on the edge of the pool watching Nick swim and play with Kevin's son Devin.

"You coming in?," Nick asked as he swam to me

"In a little bit."

"Come on baby I brought you here to have a good time not for you to sit around and look so down."

"Alright...," I stood up and pulled my shirt and shorts off and sat back down. Nick brought his hands to my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders as he helped me in the pool.

"Cold?"

"A little," I said looking up at him. I touched his face and leaned him forward softly kissing him.

Brian watched from the patio, watched as his best friend and his girlfriend kissed, with maybe a hint of jealousy? That's when he realized that he was in love with his best friends girlfriend.


Kevin's wife Chris walked to him and sat next to him, his eyes were fixed on the pool and the couple that was in it.

"B-Rok you ok?"

"Huh?," he said looking up at her "Oh yeah just fine."

"Is it just me or have you been distracted since Nick and his girlfriend got here?"

"Yeah...distracted..."

"Brian talk to me." "Chris I can't, it's personal."

"Ok then," she put her hand on his shoulder and got up. He just met the girl, how could he develop feelings for her so quickly he didn't know.

Seeing her with Nick made him jealous, he wished it was him she was holding, him she was kissing, him she was giggling with. He sighed 'maybe in another lifetime' he mumbled to himself.