- Text Size +
"Momma!," Chris screamed when he saw me

"Hey Chris," I said picking him up

"Where's your Daddy?"

"He's...he's upstairs."

I put him down and headed upstairs. "Brian.."

"Hey honey," he kissed my cheek and returned to what he was doing

"Going somewhere?"

"Yeah I gotta go out of town for a few days."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah baby everything is fine it's just I'm gonna visit my family and..."

"Why don't I go with you?"

"You wanna come with me?"

"I mean sure I am your wife right and I've never met your parents seeing as we had a very small wedding and I'd love to meet them."

"Ok then, do you wanna bring Chris and Gracie along?"

"Of course they should meet their grandkids right?"

He laughed a little "Right."

"Well I tell you what you start packing and I'll call the airline and reserve three more seats ok?"

"Ok," he kissed me and walked out of the room.

I went to the closet and pulled down a suitcase and put it on the bed.

"Oh shit...I'd better call Nick and tell him I'm leaving."

I looked out into the hall to make sure noone was there and shut and locked the door. I picked up the phone and called Nick.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby."

"Hey yourself, where are you?"

"I'm at a friends listen I'm going to be out of town for a few days at a friends house, her family is having some problems and she wants me to go with her."

"Oh ok...," I heard his voice drop

"Aww baby it's only a few days."

"But me and Mel are gonna miss you."

"I know but think about all the fun we'll have once I get home."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh...now I gotta go. Love you and tell Mel the same."

"Ok I will, Love you too." I quickly hung up and went and unlocked the door

'How much longer am I gonna be able to pull this off.'
I thought as I grabbed some clothes and put them in the suitcase.


We were packed and ready to go.

"Momma," Chris started "where we goin'?"

"We're going to meet grandma and grandpa."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

Chris started clapping "Yay!"

I picked Gracie up and Brian grabbed Chris and we got into the car and drove to the airport. The plane had taken off, I fell asleep but Brian was wide awake. He felt his phone vibrating.

"Hello?"

"Hey B sup' man?"

"Oh hey Frack what's up?"

"I was thinking we could get together and hang out since my fiancee's out of town."

"Is she now? Well I wish I could, but I'm on a plane headed to Kentucky."

"Oh...weird dontcha think?"

"What's weird?"

"You and my fiancee' leaving town the exact same time."

"Yeah it is a little I guess, hey Dee's here wanna talk to her?"

"Sure..."

"Baby it's Nick he wants to talk to you," I woke up and shook my head 'no'.

"She must not be feeling too good, I woke her up."

"Sorry...and another thing have you noticed that your wifes name and my fiancee's name are the same?"

"Yeah I've noticed that maybe they're related."

"Could be..."

"And come to think of it I've never met your wife."

"Well I've never met your fiancee' maybe we should set up a date and get together."

"Yeah we could do that look I gotta go."

"Alright Frack I'll call ya when I get back."

"Ok bye."

Brian hung up and rested his head on the headrest. Nick did have something, it was kinda strange that him and his bestfriend had women in their lives with the same name.


Before we knew it we were in Kentucky. His parents lived in this big house on top of a hill, it was beautiful.

"You know it's beautiful out here," I said looking out the window of the cab

"I know maybe we should move up here," he smiled and grabbed my hand. I just smiled back. We pulled up to the house and Brian's mom was standing at the door to greet her son

"Hi Mom," he said as she embraced him in a tight hug

"Hey Baby it's good to see you, and who's this lovely young lady?"

"Momma this is my wife Deanna and our kids Gracie and..," he looked around for Chris.

"Grandma!," he yelled running to her

"Why hello there aren't you a spitting image of your Daddy," she said pinching his cheeks. He just giggled.

"Where are my manners come on in HAROLD!," Jackie yelled "YOUR SONS HERE!"

"Hey Dad," he said as his Dad walked to him and hugged

"It's good to see you."

"It's good to see you too."

"And who might this be?"

"I'm Brian's wife Deanna it's nice to meet you," I said reaching out my hand but he hugged me

"Bout time my son found a good woman and settled down."

Maybe this was a bad idea, his parents seemed to like me so much and I was betraying him. This could get ugly.