- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to KevinsChickadee for the help with this chapter, she helped unblock my writers block. :D
I layed in bed with Brian that night tossing and turning, I just couldn't sleep. I missed Nick, I missed him alot. I didn't know what to do. I felt Brian stir behind me.

"Deanna? What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep. I'm gonna get some warm milk..." Brian held my hand.

"Or maybe...a midnight snack...?" He looked at me with those fiery blue eyes of his.

But I wasn't in the mood. As much as I want to...believe me, who wouldn't want to? But I wasn't there. I got out of bed, and went to the kitchen. As I heated a cup of milk in the microwave, I picked up the phone on the wall, and called Nick.


I didn't expect him to pick up so quickly.


"Hello?"

"Hey Nick...How are you?"

"I'm good...Missing something though."

"What might that be?"

"You."

I smiled to myself, and looked down on the ground. Nick knew from the silence that something was wrong.

"Baby? What's the matter?"

"I just miss you, that's all..."

"So do I. When are you coming back again?"

"Next week." Nick sighed heavily.

"Deanna, you said a few days."

"I know, but...I'm sorry."

"That's ok, baby. You have fun, and let me know how things are, ok?" I didn't realize that Jackie was by the doorway.

"Ok, baby. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Ok, honey. Bye." As I hung up the phone, I turned around, and saw Jackie.

"What was that about?" "Uh...Mrs. Littrell...I..."

"Don't you dare Mrs. Littrell me...I asked...what was that about?" I hung my head down and looked at the ground. "Answer me."

"Mrs. Littrell, I can explain..."

"You can explain this to my son. As of tomorrow, I want you out of my house. I don't want anyone like you in this house! You can start packing now."

"But Mrs.--"

Before I could get anything out, she walked out the room. I knew right then and there...that I was in deep, deep trouble.


I made my way upstairs muttering to myself 'I knew it would come to this.'

I pulled my suitcase from the closet and started taking my clothes out of the dresser. Brian sat up

"Baby...what's going on?," he asked watching what I was doing

"Your mother wants me gone."

"She wants you gone? but why?" I sighed continuing to pack

"Deanna...," he grabbed my hands "why does she want you to leave?"

"I..."

"Stay here I'm gonna get to the bottom of this." I didn't protest as he got out of bed and went to his parents room and knocked.

Jackie opened it "Brian...is she still here?"

"Momma why did you tell Deanna she had to leave?"

"I walked in on a conversation she was having...I don't know who she was talking to but whoever it was she called them baby."

"She...she did?" She closed the door so she wouldn't wake his father "I'm sorry honey she did...I take it you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"Brian baby you know I wouldn't lie about something like this, I think this girl is playing you."

"Momma," he gasped "How could you say that about Dee, she would never do that?"

"Then you obviously don't know your wife too well then do you?"

"Come with me," he grabbed her hand and led her down to their room.


I quickly stood up as Brian and Jackie came in the room.

"Deanna my mother came up with this crazy story that your playing me is that true?"

"I...," I bit my lip not knowing what to say

"Please tell me it's not true."

"I uh...," I sighed "I'm sorry Brian."

"Oh my god...," he stepped back "It is true."

"I told you."

"Could you give us a minute?"

"Sure but aftwards I want her out of my house," and with that she left not saying another word.

"Brian I'm so sorry." He sat on the bed looking down at the floor

"Dee just answer me one thing...who is he? Do I know him?"

"Yes you do, it's someone you know very well."

"It's one of the guys isn't it?"

"It's Nick."

"My friend my best friend...your seeing my best friend while your married to me?"

"Yes."

He sighed heavily "I can't even look at you can you just leave please?" I didn't say a word but went in the bathroom and got dressed grabbing my suitcase

"What about the kids?"

"We'll take care of that when I come home."

I sighed and walked downstairs and called a cab. It came quick and I got in looking at the house as it drove off. I started crying I had lost Brian and I knew that when I got home I was gonna lose Nick too.