- Text Size +
Carrie stood under the shower head and softly hummed to herself as she cleansed her body. It was Nick’s night off and they were planning to spend the evening together. She was excited to know what he had planned. For the past two days, Nick had been reminding her of his next night off, but he continued to keep his plans a secret. Curiosity was starting get the better of her, but the night had finally arrived and she couldn’t wait to see what was in store for her. She was rinsing the conditioner out of her hair when she heard the bathroom door open.

“I’m coming in,“ Nick said.

“Okay,“ she replied as she continued to rinse out her hair. “How am I doing on time?“

“You’re fine. We’re still almost an hour ahead of schedule.“

“Good,” Carried said as she turned the water off. “Baby, can you hand me that towel on the counter?”

“Yup,” Nick said softly, clearing his throat as she heard his footsteps approaching the shower.

She expected to see him open the shower curtain, but instead he laid the towel on the curtain rack. Carrie snickered to herself as she pulled the towel down.

“Thank you,” she said as she dried herself off. “You could’ve opened the curtain, you know.”

“I didn’t want you to get cold,” he replied.

“Of course,” she said with a snicker.

Carrie stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She smiled as she saw Nick standing in front of the mirror with his shirt wide open, staring intently at himself as he straightened his collar. He glared at his reflection sighed. Carrie watched him as he turned his head from side to side, wrinkling his forehead in frustration.

“Fuck,” he said under his breath.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as she squeezed her way between him and the counter.

“I look like shit,” he replied with a groan.

“Mmm, I think you look sexy,” Carrie said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and began kissing his collar bone.

Nick continued to disregard her comment and began running his fingers through his hair. She looked at him and shook her head.

“You’re worse than me.”

“I knew I should’ve let them cut my hair today. Look at this shit. It looks horrible.”

“Come here,” Carrie said with a smirk.

“What?”

“Come here,” she repeated, coyly crooking her finger for him to come closer.

Nick wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her intently. She breathed in deep as he slithered his tongue against hers. A low groan escaped his lips as slid her hands down his chest.

“We gotta stop,” Nick said with a chuckle.

“Why?”

“Because if we go any further, that towel is coming off and we may never make it to dinner,” he said with a grin.

Carrie laughed and gently pushed him away. “Now that’s the Nickolas I know,” she said as she turned around to face the mirror.

“And what exactly is that supposed to mean?” he asked as he enveloped his arms back around her.

“You know what it means,” she said as she playfully jabbed his stomach with her elbow.

“Yeah, yeah,” Nick said as he let go of her.

“Let me finish getting ready and we can go to dinner.”

“Okay,” Nick said as he left the bathroom. “I’m changing this shirt.”

Carrie laughed as she grabbed another towel and began drying her hair. “You’re pathetic.”

“No, I’m just picky,” he defended as he threw his old shirt into the bathroom.

“Hey, be nice,” Carrie said as she threw it back at him.

Nick came back into the bathroom with a smile on his face. Carrie observed him, shirtless and clean shaven. He was looking sexy and she almost wished they weren’t going out for dinner. She watched him as he put on a powder blue dress shirt and fixed his collar. He softly sniffled as he button his sleeves. Carrie raised her eyebrow at him and placed her hands on her hips.

“Nickolas, I thought you said you weren’t getting sick.”

“I’m not,” he said as he sniffled again. “It’s the weather change; messing with my sinuses,” he said as he began buttoning his shirt.

Carrie continued to watch him; his hands shaking as he buttoned his shirt. She softly sighed as she gently squeezed his arm.

“Dammit!” Nick exclaimed as he struggled with the button on his shirt.

“You’re cranky,” Carrie said as she removed his hands away from the button and began buttoning his shirt for him.

“I am not!” Nick said defensively.

Carrie laughed and shook her head. “Yes, you are.”

“No, I am not I--” Nick said as he stepped back.

Carrie smirked as she watched him cover his mouth and sneeze. She chuckled and handed him a tissue.

“You were saying?” she said while laughing.

Nick rolled his eyes and went back to his chair. Carrie couldn’t help but smile as she watched him plop down and pout.

“Aw, poor baby,” she cooed.

“Shut up,” he muttered as he rubbed his temples. “Just finish getting ready.”

Carrie walked over to him and sat on his lap. She faced him and gently kissed his lips. Nick let out a long, drawn out sigh and stared at the window. Carrie studied his face and realized that he was beginning to look a little pale. She pursed her lips and began unbuttoning his shirt. He looked at her and placed his hands over hers.

“What are you doing?”

“We’re not going anywhere.”

“Uh, yes, we are. I didn’t fly you up here to sit in the hotels all damn day. It’s my night off and we’re going out.”

“Nick, you know how you get if you don’t get your rest.”

“I already told you, I’m not sick!” he said in a louder tone.

“See, you’re cranky,” she said as she pushed his hands away from hers. “We’re staying in.”

“You are impossible,” he muttered. “I fly you all the way out here and you don’t even want to go out with me. That’s fucked up.”

“Nickolas, you’re pushing my buttons.”

“And you’re undoing mine,” he said sarcastically.

“Honey, stop,” Carrie said then kissed the tip of his nose.

“Well, shit, why did you even fly out here if you weren’t going to spend some time with me outside of the hotels.”

“Baby, just for tonight. Admit it, you’re cranky and coming down with something.”

“I’m not admitting to shit,” he muttered.

Carrie undid the last button on his shirt and slid her hands down his chest. Nick cleared his throat and continued to look out the window. Carrie pursed her lips and softly kissed his neck.

“Would you settle for dining in?” she asked. “The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby.”

“Nevermind,” Nick said with a sigh. “Just forget it.”

“Baby, don’t like that. Why are you getting so pissy with me?”

Nick shifted his glance back to her and placed his hands on her hips. He gently kissed her lips and looked into her eyes.

“I’m sorry,” he said as he fiddled with the end of her towel. “I guess I’m a little tired.”

“Because you’re sick,” Carrie said with a smirk.

Nick playfully glared at her and gripped tighter on her waist. “I am not sick. Sick in the head, maybe, but I’m not sick.”

“I stand corrected,” Carrie said then kissed him. “Stubborn ass.”

“You know it.”

“So, what now? We’re obviously not going anywhere. My hair is all dry and it looks like crap.”

Nick brushed back the frizzy strands of hair away from her cheek. “Hmm,” he said with raised eyebrows.

“Nickolas, is that all you ever think about?”

“Well, you’re the one who’s in a towel.”

“So?”

“So, what else am I supposed to think about?”

“Getting into bed and resting, maybe?”

Nick smiled and shook his head. “I’ll get into bed if you get in with me.”

“And you will rest?”

“Sure,” Nick said with a grin and began kissing her neck.

Carrie sucked in a breath as he slid his tongue up to her earlobe and began to nibble. She giggled and pulled away from him. Nick stuck out his bottom lip in a pout.

“Oh, stop it,” Carrie said as she got off his lap. “Come on. Out of those clothes and into bed.”

“Kinky,” he joked as he took off his shirt and tossed it onto the chair.

Carrie snickered as she pulled off her towel. “You are hopeless.”

“Oh, see, now you’re just teasing me. How in the world do you expect me to not be horny when you’re standing there like that?”

“Don’t look at me,” she said while laughing.

“Easier said than done,” he said as he unzipped his pants.

“Try harder,” Carrie replied as she slipped on a baggy T-shirt. “Get into bed.”

“Fine,” Nick said as he stripped down to his boxers and pulled off his socks.

Carrie slipped into bed and Nick snuggled close to her. She turned off the lamp beside the bed and Nick turned on the TV.

“You want to watch a movie?”

“Whatever you want, babe,” she said as she fluffed her pillow.

Nick continued to flip through the channels as Carrie pulled up the blankets. She glanced at the TV screen when he stopped on a channel playing a movie. Nick grinned widely and looked at her.

“Goonies is on!”

“Oh dear God!” she said while laughing. “Can’t you pick something else.”

“But, baby, I’m sick, remember?” he said in a pouty voice.

Carrie laughed even harder and shook her head. “I thought you said you weren’t sick.”

“Maybe I am a little,” he said with an exaggerated cough. “Oh, so sick!”

“Aw, poor baby,” she cooed. “Come here,” she continued as she opened her arms.

Nick leaned against her as she enveloped her arms around him and kissed his cheek. Carrie linked her fingers with his right hand and played with hair with her left hand. Within minutes, she realized that his grip on her hand had loosened. Carrie gently shifted herself and saw that he had fallen asleep. She smiled and carefully took the remote from his hand and turned down the volume of the TV. Nick stirred a little and rolled over on his stomach. Carrie kissed his shoulder and rubbed his back as she continued to watch the movie. Her eyes began to droop after an hour of staring at the screen. Carrie yawned and decided to turn off the TV. She closed her eyes and nearly fell asleep until she felt Nick move. Carrie glanced over at him as he rolled back over on his side and looked at her.

“What is it, baby?” she asked.

“Nothing,” he mumbled as he laid his head on her shoulder.

Carrie rubbed his back and kissed his forehead. She backed away when he felt warm against her lips.

“Honey, you feel warm,” she said as she felt his forehead. “Are you running a fever?”

“No,” he mumbled.

“I think you are,” she said as she felt his forehead again. “Maybe you should take some Tylenol. I have some in my bag.”

“I just wanna sleep,” he whined.

“Alright,” she said with a sigh. “Wake me up if you need me,” she replied softly.

“Mmm hmm,” he mumbled as he softly began to snore.

Carrie listened to him drift off to sleep and continued to rub his back. She was unsure of whether she should sleep or stay awake. She sighed and closed her eyes. Nick was far too stubborn to cave into her concern. She had no choice but to let him wear himself out. Carrie kissed his forehead again then fell asleep with him in her arms.