- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know what you're thinking....wow another chapter? Lol I been inspired, what can I say? Enjoy!
Chapter 10

Kevin went into the hospital room the following morning to find AJ asleep in the chair next to Nick's bed. Kevin smiled at the two of them. Since the accident AJ had shown a side of him that the guys hadn't seen since the group started.
"Hey, Kev." AJ mumbled when he saw him standing there.
"Did you sleep at all last night?" Kevin asked as he saw AJs bloodshot eyes.
"Maybe an hour."
"You should go and get some sleep."
"I am not leaving him, what if he wakes up?" AJ said, his eyes drifting to Nick laying in the bed nearby. His chest rose and fell slowly and the heart monitor beeped in reply. Kevin sighed, now was the time to tell him. He sat down in front of AJ like he was playing the role of father once more.
"Jay, this is not easy for me to tell you." he began softly.
"Don't do this, Kevin. Nick is gonna be fine." AJ protested, shaking his head and taking Nick's hand once again. He squeezed it tightly and called his name again.
"AJ...sometimes you have to say goodbye even if you don't want to." Kevin began again. AJ ignored him and called Nicks name louder to drown out Kevin's voice.
"Come on, Jay. Nick isn't going to make it. The doctor is taking him off live support today."
"HE WHAT?! I am sure you told him no, right?" AJ shouted. He looked to Kevin and the two were silent.
"Right? Cause we both know Nick is gonna come back."
"I'm afraid that isn't true. You see, NicK's vitals are dropping every day...he is dying and there is nothing we can do. He has been in this coma for too long and he won't come out of it." as soon as the words left Kevin's mouth, AJ started yelling in protest.
"You're just giving up on him? He almost woke up yesterday, ask Brian!"
"This is in Nick's best interest. His doctor says there is no way he is coming out of this coma, you have to let go." Kevin replied.
"Nick, come on!! I know you can hear me!" AJ screamed as tears ran down his face. Brian and Howie arrived at that moment and saw AJ shaking Nick, screaming his name.
"Stop it, you aren't helping him!" Brian shouted as he tried to pull AJ away. Kevin grabbed him and held him back as the doctor walked into the room.
"Son of a bitch!" AJ cursed, struggling to get free of Kevin's grip. The doctor looked a bit frightened as he checked Nick over once more.
"I will be back in a little while to take him off of the life support." he said before walking back out of the room, AJ cursed loudly as he left.
"What the hell is wrong with you? Control yourself!" Kevin admonished. Brian went near the bed and held Nick's hand, squeezing it gently. Like the day before, he could have sworn he felt Nick return it but figured he was just being hopeful. The guys all started to say their goodbyes to Nick and AJ wouldn't.
"He is most likely going to die once the life support is taken away. You better say something to him," Kevin commented. AJ strode over to the bed and looked down at Nick. His eyelids were fluttering a bit.
"Nick is moving!" he exclaimed, practically jumping. Kevin went near and bent down to see, but Nick was motionless.
"Jay, making things up is not helping the situation."
"I swear!! He is trying to wake up!" AJ shouted happily. The other three men glanced at each other.
"Stop this nonsense, Jay." Kevin scolded him just as the doctor came into the room again. Before any of them could react, AJ had jumped on the doctor and was beating him about the head as he cursed him out.
"Motherfucker, you better not lay a hand on Nicky! He ain't dead yet...." he screamed. Kevin and Howie tried to pull their bandmate off of the frightened doctor. Brian was busily praying as he held Nick's hand between his own hands.
"Please, Nick. I know you.....you aren't about to give up. Find your way back to us." he whispered, the sounds of the guys fighting nearly drowning his voice out. Nick still didn't respond.
"NICK! Come on....wake up." Brian repeated, shaking him gently. Nicks eyes fluttered once more and he moaned softly. Brian cheered and tried to get his cousin's attention.
"Kevin..." he said, as Kevin yelled at AJ.
"What?" Kevin snapped. Brian was about to tell him about Nick but the grin slowly faded as Nick lay still once more. Nick was not about to call it quits, he seemed to be fighting to wake. Brian shook his head as AJ leapt on the doctor once more. Howie stared at all of them in shock, hoping that this would stall the doctor and let Nick have another chance. Hell, he deserved it....they all did.