- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know its been a while but I am having trouble with this story. If any of you have a suggestion for this story I would appreciate it!
Chapter 12

"Nick...." the voice echoed in his head and interrupted his sleep. He was in his apartment still, confirming that he was stuck in this world. Nick knew he did not belong here but decided to make the best of it. He really wanted to connect with Brian....he felt like there was something he could do to help him. After a few hours he managed to find the club again and went inside. Kevin stood at the bar talking to Brian, who was smoking.
"Look who came back." Kevin said as Nick strolled towards them. Brian did not acknowledge his presence other than by blowing smoke in his face and coughing before drinking a shot of vodka.
"What's the matter, kid? You didn't see enough yesterday?" Brian snapped raspily. Nick stared at him for a while as he drank two more shots.
"Brian, are you happy?" Nick asked. Kevin looked at him in suprise at the question and Brian puffed at his cigarette.
"What kind of fucking question is that?" he snapped. Nick knew the answer but asked him again.
"Are you happy?"
"Kid, where do you get off asking something like that? Of course I am!" Brian replied with a grin as he took another shot. He was about to take another but Nick grabbed his wrist.
"HEY!!" Brian shouted.
"You are only hurting yourself doing that. Now answer me. Are you happy?" Nick said, looking directly at him.
"Brian, answer him." Kevin said, now realizing what Nick was up to.
"No, I'm not....okay?" Brian said bitterly.
"Why?" Nick asked shakily, not letting go of Brian's wrist.
"Are you my damn psychologist?" Brian yelled. He was getting more agitated by the minute, ever since Nick walked in the door.
"Just answer him, B. Please?" Kevin begged as he handed Nick a Coke. Brian puffed at the cigarette again and sighed.
"My wife left me last year. We were married for four years and about to have a baby but she lost it. Miscarriage." Brian explained.
"That's horrible."
"Shit, it was. I was heartbroken. My wife said she couldn't be with me after that and she left me." Brian continued softly, wiping his eyes.
"Would you like to see her again?" Nick asked suddenly. Brian raised an eyebrow, his piercing there moving along with it.
"That's impossible. She lives in Georgia." he stated.
"I could help you find her again." Nick said. Brian sat there in silence as he watched Nick speak.
"But why would you do that? I don't even know you, kid." he said finally. Nick shook away another dizzy spell and grinned.
"We all deserve to be happy. But I will only do this is you stop drinking."
"You're kidding me." Brian gasped.
"Nope. If you quit drinking I will help find your wife." Nick told him. Brian looked at the shotglass in his hand and nodded before throwing it to the ground, the shards falling on the floor.
"How did you do that? I been trying to get him to quit for months." Kevin said after Brian had walked away.
"If Brian really loved his wife he would quit drinking." Nick said. A few days later, Nick returned to the club and brought Brian's wife with him. She was a pretty woman with blonde hair. Brian showed her that he had stopped drinking and she seemed pleased to see him. Brian came to Nick after and was all smiles.
"Thank you so much....for everything....I am quitting dancing too. We are going to move in together again....and if we have a baby I will name him after you." Brian said, grinning. Nick felt good but wished he was home again. He would give anything to have his old life back.