- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading, I know, two updates in a week?! Lol. Hope you enjoy!
Chapter 15

Nick tossed and turned in his bed, tangled in the satin sheets as he slept.
"No..." he moaned softly before his eyes fluttered open. Sitting up in the bed, he frowned at the fact he was still in the apartment. The dream he had just had confused him, he heard voices calling his name from the darkness. Stumbling out of bed, he walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the counter from Alex, as he preferred to be called. He wanted Nick to meet him downtown for lunch. Checking his watch, Nick saw it was 1030 so he got dressed and headed for the subway.
"Nick....." the disembodied voice rang through his ears and the dizziness washed over him.
"please, not now." Nick whispered as he clutched his head in the busy street. His head felt like it was going to explode, like it was going to split in two.
"Nick....come back..."
"Stop it!" Nick sobbed quietly as the voice came but didn't leave. This time there was more than one voice. He recognized them, it was Brian and Kevin. Calling to him, begging him to come back. Nick shook the dizziness away and walked again, spotting AJ just down the street.
"Jay!" he yelled, waving. AJ was crossing the road to greet him....and Nick was horrified to see a car swerving just down the street. The driver appeared to be intoxicated, judging by the manner he was driving. Nick saw that it was headed straight for AJ and started to run.
"Nick...." the voice began as he raced for the intersection. Nick felt dizzy as he ran, the voices growing louder as he ran and jumped, pushing AJ out of the car's path. He saw the car just before it hit him head on, the force of the bumper plowing into his body as he fell. Traffic came to a standstill and people began shouting as Nick lay in the street, a stream of blood running down his face.
"Come on, Nick. Stay with me." AJ said as he knelt next to him and touched his face gently. Nick's eyes closed and he fell silent, laying motionless as people gathered around them. After a while, Nick woke up in total darkness...he felt no pain, no pain at all. He sat in the dark for some time before getting up and realzing he was in a tunnel, light shining in the distance. He could hear voices echoing in the tunnel as he started to walk, feeling dizzier with every step he took.
"Nick...."
"Go Away!" he yelled as he clutched his head again. He fell to his knees and sobbed loudly, nobody would find him here, he didn't even know exactly where he was.
"Please...come back, Nick." Brian's voice said. A flash of white light came and Nick felt like he was falling until he woke up in the street, feeling immense pain. There were paramedics standing over him, checking his breathing, putting an oxygen mask over his face.
"You'll be okay," one of them promised him. Nick felt the tears fall from his eyes and his whole body ached. He felt someone squeeze his hand and squeezed it back.
"Come back..." the voice came once more as he fought to stay conscious. Letting the dizziness get to him, he blacked out once more. Nick was frustrated as he woke up in the tunnel again, He stood up on shaky legs and was shocked to see his brother standing there.
"Aaron?" Nick called to him. Aaron smiled and shook his head.
"I'm just taking the form of someone familiar to you." he said in a deep voice that did not belong to him.
"What's happening to me? Where am I?" Nick asked shakily, backing away towards the wall. Aaron walked closer to him and Nick saw that his eyes were glowing purple.
"You are trapped between worlds....you can only exist in one." Aaron told him with a grin.
"I want to go home..." Nick cried, hearing the voices again.
"Nick, you are now in both worlds at the same time...you must choose which you want to go back to." Aaron replied, and two doors appeared next to Nick.
"What happens if I don't want to go back?" Nick asked, although he already knew the answer.
"You will die." Aaron explained. Nick stood in front the two doors, studying them. They both looked the same, no way to tell which door led where.
"How do I know which to choose?" he asked, but Aaron had vanished, leaving him to his choice. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and opened the left door. Something began pulling him into it like a vacuum....he screamed as air rushed at him on all sides and he was sucked into the door as it slammed shut, everything in the tunnel was still again.