- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wonder if anyone's going to notice how I am keeping a theme with the chapter titles lol
Chapter 2: Unbreakable

"Nick's been in there for four hours, that's way too long....he should have finished already..." Brian started muttering worriedly as the four men sat in the waiting room. Nick had been rushed right to surgery since he had fallen nearly twenty feet.
"Relax, Bri. Nicky's a tough kid...he'll pull through, don't worry." Kevin reassured him, placing his hand on his shoulder. Brian glared at AJ who was sitting in the corner with his head buried in his hands. He stood up, his fists clenched so tight that his knuckles had turned white. AJ barely looked up when he walked over to him.
"Rok, no." Howie whispered, tugging on his sleeve, but Brian was already on the move.
"This is all your fault, AJ." Brian said through clenched teeth. AJ looked up, his eyes wet and bloodshot from silent tears.
"What? How the fuck is this my fault?" the rebel demanded, putting down his sunglasses on the chair next to him and standing up, his face hovering an inch from his bandmate's.
"You told Nicky to drop dead, and then you made sure it would happen....you let go of him on purpose."
"Are you listening to yourself?! Why would I want anything to happen to him? As much as he and I don't get along, I would never want him to get hurt...how could you say that this is my fault?"
"Nobody blames you, Jay...." Kevin began, but Brian interrupted him.
"AJ wanted him to die." he said tearfully, and AJ jumped on him, knocking him to the ground.
"Fuck you, Brian!!"
"Which one of you is Mr. Richardson?" a timid voice asked from the doorway. Kevin pulled AJ off of his cousin and then followed the doctor out into the hallway to discuss Nick's condition. The Backstreet Boy and the doctor talked for about a half hour before Kevin came back into the room, sitting down next to Howie and rubbing his temples once more.
"What did he say, Kev? Is Nick going to be okay?" Howie asked, since he could tell Brian didn't want to. Kevin wiped a tear out of his eyes and sighed deeply.
"Nicky's in a coma." he whispered softly, not wanting to believe it himself.