- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Woot! I just updated this after two long months!! sorry it took so long....I've been working on Always With You because it's gotten more reviews....but I need more feedback!! Please review!1 XOXO
Chapter 4: Weird World

"What the fuck is happening to me?" Nick thought as he wandered around the empty apartment, rubbing his throbbing head. Since he had nothing else to do, Nick found the computer in the corner and tried to sign onto his AIM account...but kept getting rejected. He tried his Yahoo, MSN, ICQ and MySpace, but it was as if he didn't exist. Feeling frustrated, Nick did a search on Google about the Backstreet Boys and when nothing came up, Nick decided that he was officially going crazy. Getting up, Nick walked out of the apartment building and his eyes opened wide at what he saw in front of him.
"Woah..." he gasped, looking across the street. The apartment was on the edge of Central Park in New York City. Nick didn't remember ever living in New York....he didn't even own an apartment. His home was in Florida....why would he live in New York? After boarding a crowded subway car, Nick got off at Times Square. Nick saw a crowd of people near the MTV building and walked over nervously, preparing himself to be mobbed by the crowd of screaming girls, but nothing happened.
"Get out of my way, loser!" a young girl shouted, almost knocking him into the street.
"What the hell is your problem?" Nick shouted at her. She was holding a sign and pointing up at the window where NSYNC was waving out at them.
"Bastards....even in my nightmares they manage to ruin my day." Nick muttered to himself as he walked away from the crowd in Times Square and began to wander.
"Nick..." the voice echoed again and Nick shook it away as he went back underground. Near the stairwell he heard a familiar voice singing nearby and recognized the song...it was I'll Never Break Your Heart.
"HOWIE!!" Nick shouted as he ran over to the singer and grabbed him into a bear hug. The man looked horrified and backed away in fear.
"What the hell are you doing?" the latino shouted. Nick looked at Howie in suprise. He had long scraggly hair and a beard....and his clothes were baggy. It looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days and he had a beer belly.
"D, what happened to you? You look like total shit. I told you to lay off of the hair products." Nick joked as Howie stared on in confusion.
"Who are you?"
"Damn, you don't remember me either? This is getting ridiculous." Nick said, rolling his eyes and preparing for yet another argument.