- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ooookaaaaayyy I am back!! not sure if you all have forgotten this story, but enjoy chapter 5!
Chapter 5: Trouble Is

"Get the hell away from me, asshole!" Howie snapped. Nick blinked at him, suprised to hear him talk to him that way.

"It's me, Nick. You don't remember me?" he repeated.

"No....who the hell are you and why were you hugging me?"

"I'm so happy to see you..."

"Look, blondie. I have never met you in my life. I'm outta here." Howie said, starting to walk away. Nick grabbed him by his sleeve, stopping him.

"What do you want?" Howie demanded angrily.

"Please, D. I don't know how you don't remember me. We have known each other forever. Just listen...." Nick started, but soon he was on the ground. Howie had punched him in the eye, and run off. Nick watched him run as he nursed his face. Head throbbing, he stood in the subway as the people walked by, feeling alone for the first time in many years.

"Nick...." the voice echoed in his head again, and the familiar dizzy feeling followed. He shook it away and walked out of the subway, rubbing his head. All he wanted was to get back to his real life. Nick walked for what seemed hours before he spotted a short man with curly brown hair in the crowd.

"BRIAN!!" he yelled, but the man seemed to disappear. Running to catch up, Nick pushed his way through the throng of people crossing the busy street.

"Nick..." the voice came and went once more, this time louder than before. Nick shook it off, but this time the dizziness didn't leave.

"Stop talking to me!" he shouted, and people around him gave him strange looks. Grinning sheepishly, Nick continued on his pursuit of the man that looked so much like Brian. What would happen when he found him, Nick could only guess.