- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter 6:Never Gone
Chapter 6: Never Gone

"I can't do this, Kevin." AJ said, standing outside of Nick's hospital room.
"Please, Jay. You will never forgive yourself if you don't see him at least."
"you just don't understand..."AJ began, but Brian cut him off.
"He can't look at Nicky because he knows it is his fault..."
"Will you two stop it?! Nick is in a coma and all you can do is blame AJ!" Howie shouted in frustration. The four of them entered Nick's room, where their bandmate lay motionless. He was hooked up to various machines and his head covered in bandages. Brian and Kevin neared the bed and AJ stood by the door, Nick's screams echoing in his ears.
"Nick, can you hear me? Nick!" Kevin shouted.
"the doctor said to keep calling his name, it may bring him out of this coma." he explained.
"I can't do this." AJ said aloud before leaving the room abruptly. He ran until he got outside, lit a cigarette and started puffing. His brown eyes tearing, AJ remembered the accident again. The look of terror on his friend's face and the horrified screams wouldn't leave.
"Don't let go!" Nick shouted. Eyes closed, he watched Nick fall out of his grip once more.
"AJ?" a voice jarred him from his thoughts.
"I didn't mean it, I'm sorry!" AJ shouted. Brian stood there with his mouth hanging open as AJ broke down, sobbing.
"Shhh, it's all right....I am sorry for blaming you." Brian drawled softly as the rebel wept into his shoulder.
"I didn't mean for him to really drop dead, honest....now he is gone and I hate myself for it!"
"Nick..." Brian whispered as he looked into the darkening sky.