- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally, the moment you have all been waiting for *fanfare* Chapter Seven of Incomplete! This chapter was so much fun to write and I laughed so much. Please review thankies!
Chapter Seven: Not For Me

Nick looked wildly around the crowded street and ran after the man that looked so much like Brian. The man seemed to be in a hurry, running through the throng of people on the sidewalks. He finally ducked into a small club nearby and disappeared again. Nick coughed as he entered the dark and smoky room inside, looking for Brian. At one end of the room sat a large stage with tables in front of it, and at the other end stood a bar. A tall man with green spiked hair was serving drinks. Nick scanned the room from his seat at the bar while he waited for the bartender to serve him.

"What'll ya have, kid?" the man asked in a country accent. Nick looked up and a pair of deep green eyes stared back at him.

"Kevin?" he said blankly, recognizing him. Kevin looked annoyed yet suprised that Nick knew his name.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" he growled as Nick gaped at him, his eyes wide in shock.

"Did you wax your eyebrows?" the young blonde asked. Someone sitting nearby chuckled and Kevin was more annoyed than ever. Nick couldn't stop staring at Kevin's face, it was too weird for him to see those perfectly shaped eyebrows on Kevin's forehead.

"What do you want to drink?"

"They look so weird...."

"Get the fuck off of my eyebrows and order something before I throw you out of here!" Kevin yelled angrily. Nick quickly ordered a Jack Daniels and continued his search for Brian. Kevin seemed so different with his green hair and pierced nose....and so angry. Music blared from the speakers and Nick saw some girls dancing by the stage as Kevin brought him his drink.

"Nick...." the voice came again, but louder than before.

"Stop it!" Nick said aloud even though he hadn't intended to. Kevin stood there with Nick's drink in hand, eyeing him curiously.

"Are you all right, kid?" he drawled softly, placing the glass on the counter. Nick drank most of it in one swallow, and his headache intensified.

"I thought I saw Brian come in here." he muttered, placing money on the counter for Kevin to take.

"Why are you looking for Brian?" Kevin demanded as the music blared louder. A spotlight had appeared on the stage and the curtain drew back. Nick continued swallowing his beer.

"Did he come in here, or....oh my God." he began, but his eyes went wide as Brian had appeared on the stage, dressed in a cowboy outfit.

"That's not Brian....it can't be." Nick said in disbelief as he watched Brian taking off his clothes to the excitement of the girls in front of the stage. He swung his shirt around and tossed it onto a brunette in the front.

"Why are you looking for Brian?" Kevin asked again. Nick took another swallow of his drink and promptly spit it out when he saw Brian in nothing but a leopard print G string, humping the stage. Nick ran for the bathroom, feeling sick to his stomach and leaving Kevin staring after him in suprise.

"Nick..." the disembodied voice rang through his ears once more as Nick vomited in the bathroom, the contents of his stomach decorating the empty stall. He sat on the floor in the bathroom stall, wishing that he had never seen Brian like that. He was not prepared for this at all.....then remembered that the sign over the club read Backstage Boys. smirking at the name of the club, Nick washed his face and reemerged from the bathroom. He sat down at the bar once more where Kevin greeted him with a glass of water.

"You okay?" he asked. Not answering, Nick drank the water and noticed that Brian sat in the stool nearby, counting a stack of singles he had gotten and smoking a cigarette.

"This guy was looking for you, cuz." Kevin pointed out. Brian glared at Nick and stopped counting, then blew the cigarette smoke right in his face.

"What the fuck do you want?" Brian demanded angrily. Nick was surpised to hear his friend talk to him this way.

"Since when do you smoke?" he asked. Brian took a drink from the shot glass in front of him and gave him a dirty look in reply.

"Who is this asshole, Kev? Telling me what to do?" he said, putting out the remainder of the cigarette.

"He was looking for you. That's all I know....more Vodka? I thought you stopped drinking." Kevin replied. Brian slammed the glass down in front of his cousin.

"Hell no...." he said, laughing.

"This can't be you, Brian. You don't drink." Nick protested. Brian had numerous tatoos on his arms and was very muscular. This Brian had a lot of anger and bitterness inside of his voice.

"Listen here, kid. I don't care if you were looking for me. I can drink when I want to, smoke when I want to, and do whatever the fuck I want to...." he shouted. Nick felt tears welling up in his eyes as Brian yelled at him and cursed him out, then went to give lapdances to the brunette who had just given him some money.

"What is his problem?" Nick asked Kevin, who leaned over the counter to talk.

"Brian is an alcoholic....I've been trying to get him to quit...it's my fault he ended up like this because I used to drink too. But this is how he is....why were you looking for him anyway?" he asked.

"I thought he was my friend....but that is clearly not the Brian I know. He would never talk to me like that or drink or smoke....I wish I knew how to get my life back." Nick replied.

"Your life?"

"Everything is so screwed up....Brian should not be a dancer....he had a wife and a son....so did you. None of this makes sense. We are supposed to be together...all five of us...I don't know why all of this happened to me, but nobody remembers anything. This life is not for me at all...I want my old one back." Nick said sadly before leaving the club, Brian's insults ringing in his ears.