- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
yes I know it has been a very long wait, but here is Chapter 8!!! hey, i rhymed lol
Chapter 8

Kevin sat in a chair next to Nick's hospital bed, watching his chest slowly rise and fall, listening to the sound of the heart monitor beeping behind him. He had never been in the room alone with Nick before, and it was too quiet for him. Taking a deep breath, he took Nick's hand in his own and held it, suprised by how cold it was.
"Nick, you there? It's me...Kevin." he said loudly. Nick did not respond, but his blood pressure seemed to rise. Kevin grinned and continued talking even though the young man was not answering him. He got so lost in the conversation that he didn't notice Howie standing in the doorway.
"Having fun? Or are your boring Nicky to death?" Howie joked, chuckling.
"Hey, Kaos." he added with a wave as he quickly looked him over. Nick's face was still bruised but the swelling had gone down.
"I've been talking with him, I wish he would talk back." Kevin explained, wiping his eyes. Howie sat down next to the bed on the opposite side of the room.
"I miss how he used to pick on me, never thought I wanted him to play a prank like the old days." he agreed. The two of them laughed then began sharing their best memories of Nick.
"Remember that time I yelled at him in the hallway at the hotel in New York?" Kevin said suddenly.
"I think the whole hotel remembers that one, Kev. Nick came running out of the room and you were in you boxers screaming at him in the hallway."
"He barged into my room singing at six in the morning! What was I supposed to do?" Kevin said, hardly able to talk because he was laughing so much. Howie shook his head and laughed too.
"What song was that?" he asked. Grins spread across their faces and they started singing.
"Here I am, rock you like a hurricane..." the two men laughed.
**********************************************************
Nick walked out of the club and was humming an old rock song to himself...he remembered it from when he was younger.
"Rock you like a hurricane..." he sang softly. Even in the crowded subway car he felt very much alone in this new world he had woken up in. He missed AJ's attitude, Brian's laughter, Kevin's anal tendancies, and Howie. He wasn't sure what he missed about Howie, but as he thought about it, his head throbbed and he swore he could hear someone laughing. rubbing his head, Nick felt a bruise above his temple and wondered if he had really fallen.
"Weird," he mumbled as yet another headache answered in reply. Coming out of the subway again, Nick saw the sign for Madison Square Garden and it all came flowing back. He remembered everything....the fight with AJ and falling over twenty feet to the floor. Nick couldn't even think about why he and AJ had been fighting in the first place.
"Nick...." the voice echoed once more, and Nick had never felt more alone as he walked the busy street of Manhattan.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry if it was a short update, but I am very stuck on this story. if you would like to help me with this, let me know!